onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

dwindling crowds/atmosphere

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I wonder where the attendances bottom out at cus I'm sure our next home match there will be less than 3000 in the ground so how bad does it have to get before Smurf reacts? Got to be honest I couldn't force myself to go even if it was free at the moment because watching Vale really does get me down, I suppose none of us likes going Vale and fair play to those who force themselves to go but something has got to change and quickly.

Dodds wasn't... he wanted a change. Nothing to do with the offer.
I think because Louis is a bright lad he could see where we were heading so he jumped ship because the team was being ripped apart and being rebuilt with cheaper poorer quality players.

Doddsie's only mistake he should have looked a little closer as to where he was jumping too!

I think because Louis is a bright lad he could see where we were heading so he jumped ship because the team was being ripped apart and being rebuilt with cheaper poorer quality players.

Doddsie's only mistake he should have looked a little closer as to where he was jumping too!

That's not true, he left on 27 May before Bruno was hired on 20 June and no players wer signed. There's enough wrong without making things up

12 in a row now, stretching back two months.

Apart from three isolated spirited second half performances, in all that time we've looked abysmal and rode our luck unbelievably.

I said this several weeks ago, but without our first choice XI there are not four worst teams than us in this League. We're in trouble.

Entirely wrong,he left for more money before Bruno even flew in.

I got a season ticket and even i arent going tonight, just cant be arsed sit up there and watch dreadful football.

Well I hope you gave it for someone else to use. Otherwise I class that as treason. Not only daft as you've already paid but high treason. NEVER let a ticket go un-used or you yourself become a problem to the dwindling crowds and terrible atmosphere.

Seems strange that the last ten goals scored by the Vale in home games have all come in the second half at the Bycars End. So what is Smurf planning to do - close the Bycars for cup games - amazing

I would suggest that it is more to do with fitness, a half time bollocking or change in tactics (delete whichever you feel is more appropriate) than the "massive" Bycars end crowd roaring us on in the second half. I don't think that the crowd in the Bycars will have any effect on us scoring more in the second half at all Closing it may affect some peoples usual seating, a little bit of the ground atmosphere etc, but not the number of goals we score surely!

It sure is, and it's not all down to performances.

How many people who fancy going tonight but don't have a season ticket will pay £23.00?

Football admission costs are far, far too much for pay-on-the-day casual fans.

A whole generation of people think football started in 1992.

All-seater stadia have had a huge impact on atmosphere.

I'm actually starting to fear for a lot of 3rd and 4th division clubs long-term (us included).

Football is no longer part of the weekend ritual for many young people, so something must be done to attract a new crowd.

a rip roaring style of play would help with fast raiding wingers whipping crosses in to a couple of scoring forwards, edge of your seat stuff instead of circles in the corn.:smile::yes:

One thing I have noticed, the atmosphere has deffo. got worse since the away fans were moved to the Lorne st side of the Hamil, you only have to look where the singers used to stand at the end of the railway there's just a big empty space there now.

Archived