onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

dwindling crowds/atmosphere

RayWalkers40yarder

I think football in general is becoming dull. I know our style has changed and our build up play is painfully slow but it is almost as if you can tell what will happen even before we start.

Days have gone whereby you would have a right go against superior opposition. It's as though we accept our fate well before we step onto the pitch.

It happens in Premier league games too. I find football a far less attractive entertainment now compared to 20 years ago

I bet the fans who witnessed the amazing 5-4 Swansea v Crystal Palace match might not agree!!

Advert

Guest TommyMac
Football is not about the facilities though, it is about what happens on the pitch. Make it entertaining and the lack of pies isn't such an issue.

You are so, so wrong

Well after Saturday's dire offering that is me done with away matches. I have attended 5 this season and they have all been garbage in terms of performance and tactics.

I will continue to travel over for home matches because it's in my DNA and it's what I do but do I look forward to it - not really and that's the first time I can remember feeling this way. To put it into context I have been supporting Vale for 60 years and travelling over from Nottingham for more than 30 of them. No it's not because I'm getting old it's because what's on offer is rubbish.

End of rant!

Is he to blame for all other league one attendances being down?

It's a good question. You've got to wonder if the lure of the Premier League is now biting into the next generation of young fans across the country.

We've got a unique challenge with Scfc being in the top flight. Outside of London (which is a different thing altogether in English football) we're the only city with a Premier League and a League One team.

It's a good question. You've got to wonder if the lure of the Premier League is now biting into the next generation of young fans across the country.

We've got a unique challenge with Scfc being in the top flight. Outside of London (which is a different thing altogether in English football) we're the only city with a Premier League and a League One team.

No you haven't. Our performances are rubbish and if they were good and we played exciting football the crowds would be up. Nothing to do with premiership or dwindling crowds across the country, it is very simple crap football and high enter acne fees = falling attendances. It really isn't that difficult folks.

The only blame you can put on the premiership is their greedy refusal to share more of their ridiculous amount of cash with the rest of the football fraternity

I guess if you have a downer on norm it's easy to blame him. There are teams at the top of the league who have seen average attendance drop since last year. They must be playing half decent footy to be up there but are still losing fans. I think there is more to dwindling attendances than port Vale and Norman smurthwaite.

I guess if you have a downer on norm it's easy to blame him. There are teams at the top of the league who have seen average attendance drop since last year. They must be playing half decent footy to be up there but are still losing fans. I think there is more to dwindling attendances than port Vale and Norman smurthwaite.

Life is too short have it your own way

No you haven't. Our performances are rubbish and if they were good and we played exciting football the crowds would be up. Nothing to do with premiership or dwindling crowds across the country, it is very simple crap football and high enter acne fees = falling attendances. It really isn't that difficult folks.

The only blame you can put on the premiership is their greedy refusal to share more of their ridiculous amount of cash with the rest of the football fraternity

We HAVE played some good, exciting football (Millwall & Scunthorpe in particular)and there have been some good, exciting games or spells of games (coming from behind to salvage a point versus Charlton and Oxford, coming behind to win against Fleetwood, coming behind against Oldham in a decent game after the break). Not really "rubbish" performances, are they?

We HAVE played some good, exciting football (Millwall & Scunthorpe in particular)and there have been some good, exciting games or spells of games (coming from behind to salvage a point versus Charlton and Oxford, coming behind to win against Fleetwood, coming behind against Oldham in a decent game after the break). Not really "rubbish" performances, are they?

I agree regarding Scunthorpe and Millwall but Oldham and fleetwood was so so poor for 75% of the games. Yes we got a point but hardly deserved it and not enough to bring the crowds back. I'll shut up now as I've made my point and, as ever, I'm out of tune with a number of you. I'll live with it.

Archived