onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker - contenders

robf

Advert

Can somebody please find out the correct spelling of his name is it C Mbamba or C Mbemba somebody at one off the friendly games had it on the home shirt spelt Mbemba which is correct.thank you.

C Mbemba plays centre half for Newcastle. Just paint some stripes on the shirt and it'll be fine!

The people on here say JET was the man to sign (with the benefit of hindsight) are the people who would be going mental if he had two or three off games. He's a 1 in 3 player who can be amazing, but certainly won't graft like Vale fans want. He'd be an expensive waste.

We're missing Dodds, which proves how underrated he was by this forum (in general).

For me (having been to both games), we're not far off. Yesterday was dreadful in the first half, but I think we have the players.

I think 3-5-2 is an option. Worked for Bristol City in this league, I we have players who could fit the system.

A fair post, I think, though I wasn't at Carlisle.

For me we are missing at least two key players - a really quick, goalscoring winger and a creative midfielder who can support the strikers and get us ten goals (like Dodds as you correctly say).

What bothers me is that we seem to have signed a lot of fairly ordinary players and not the 2-3 classy ones that can make a difference in this league. Both Mbamba and Kelly are not remotely in the same class as say Marshall or even M-Williams, and we have not replaced Dodds' creativity and goals from midfield.

Better late than never if we can get 2-3 good ones in but I do think we ought to have addressed this issue by now. Going for as many as 4 new players two games into the season is a lot - and even more changes.

Let's hope we can turn it around asap and begin scoring a few goals.

I too like the 3.5.2 system but Bruno seems to favour this one up top formation that isn't giving us enough threat in the final third.

Ive not seen a single game yet so i am looking forward to Saturday. For those who have seen games have we created many chances? Is the problem the strikers or is it the supply?

It sounded like JJ made an impact on Tuesday (according to Blakeman) so id hope to see him plus one other up front thia weekend.

The problem is two things, one of them being only playing with one striker who just isn't getting any sort of decent service, and the second is we don't really have a creative player in the side, someone who can thread a through ball in behind the opposition or do something a bit difference, a Bridge-Wilkinson type player. Bruno really needs to play with Hooper and one other up front.

The problem is two things, one of them being only playing with one striker who just isn't getting any sort of decent service, and the second is we don't really have a creative player in the side, someone who can thread a through ball in behind the opposition or do something a bit difference, a Bridge-Wilkinson type player. Bruno really needs to play with Hooper and one other up front.

But we have only played away from home, we need to judge on a mixture of home and away games to make a real grudge meant surely

Archived