onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Portuguese football is generally piddle poor. Aside from the top clubs like Benfica, the standard drops dramatically and Vale would probably stay up with last seasons squad in their top flight.

Mourihno is Portugese in nationality only. Most of his coaching experience is in Spain. I would say at best Smurf is being conned to take on board a semi skilled foreign legion that in footballing terms is about conference level.

One Vardi will do fine.:yes:

Advert

Just noticed Philip Neville has just completed his UEFA pro licence certificate! Interesting timing?

I noticed that amd wondered if that was the reason for the 21st given originally. However i would be absolutely gobsmacked if has anything to do with the Vales news management team.

Can we get Portuguese lower league footie on TV,does anyone know?It astounds me how knowledgable some people are and must see plenty of that level of football to say it's crap.

I wouldn't have thought you would get Portuguese lower league football on TV, it is regional part time and non professional. It may or may not be 'crap' but I doubt it would be a much better standard than our non professional leagues, i.e. non league. We are the only country with four professional divisions. Lower leagues in Germany, Italy and Spain are similar, but they have a bigger pedigree than Portugal.

I wouldn't have thought you would get Portuguese lower league football on TV, it is regional part time and non professional. It may or may not be 'crap' but I doubt it would be a much better standard than our non professional leagues, i.e. non league. We are the only country with four professional divisions. Lower leagues in Germany, Italy and Spain are similar, but they have a bigger pedigree than Portugal.
Are not most of the Conference teams full-time now? So 5 divisions in all.

Quite funny reading these threads. No mater what Smurf does several of the usual Anti Smurf mob will criticise, whilst the Pro Smurf mob will praise him to high heaven.

Why can't some fans be objective and offer both praise and criticism when necessary rather than taking a constant blinkered view.

More than fair assessment that, he's dropped some ricks and Twitter does him no favours but he continues to put his money where his (quite large) mouth is and clearly wants the club to succeed.

One things for sure I don't think this season will be anything less than entertaining for good or bad reasons!

Archived