onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Who ever is appointed Vale manager has to be given time and support by the fans to show what they and the players can do. If we're bottom of the league at the end of December the hatchets will be out, if we're top of the table and remain there then brilliant but if the latter we'll more than likely be manager less this time next season as the incumbent will move on.

Advert

Bruno was still available at 1 / 8 (or 1.13) - that's place £8 to win £1 - with Skybet this afternoon.

Given the way facts become fiction and changes of mind, talking to dead ex-chairmen and conspiracy plots to get managers to leave have found their way into recent Vale folklore, those odds are terrible.

Don't be tempted to stack a big wedge on it anyone, unless you feel certain that no change of mind can possibly happen - either by NS or Bruno.

Humour me Bea, but who in their right mind would place a bet with those odds?

Norman has said he'll support him and that we are also bringing in a DOF to help him with the lower leagues. It's something different. A new, hopefully exciting, direction for the club.

So I've got a crazy, novel idea; Why don't we see what players he brings in, what type of football we're going to play, what his friendship with Mourinho actually brings... Let him put his own stamp on things, and get behind him instead of moaning before a ball's even kicked.

I'm sure most Vale fans will....the noisy handful on an internet screen are not representative of Vale fans as a whole.

Personally I'm waiting for him to develop those great hybrid languages that players and managers from abroad pick up, whereby they sound half-local and half non-native speaker.

I'm calling it "Pottuguese".

Last time I spoke to Bill he was retiring on 8th August so we will be looking for another club secretary which I think Estelle Baddeley would do an excellent job!!

I would not believe him if he told me today was Saturday. We shall see.

We suddenly realised this morning why the announcement of the new manager has been delayed, why it couldn't be done until next week and why Norman says it will be out of this world. It's Tim Peake isn't it??

Nothing amazes me any more, but I think a space hopper derby down Hamil Road is more likely.

We suddenly realised this morning why the announcement of the new manager has been delayed, why it couldn't be done until next week and why Norman says it will be out of this world. It's Tim Peake isn't it??

He's going to get a lot of stick for having that Joke City flag with him while he was up there! :laugh:

Despite my reservations the new manager will get my support but people are right to voice their concerns as to which way the club is moving but will it get people into the ground.

I know barring death/illness that I will be there in August and I will be there in April (and in between) but as we know there are people who are saying this is a fantastic new direction but after 3 defeats will be saying we are crap and will not go until the manager/Smurf has gone.

I'm in for the duration and hopefully will have my doubts pushed up the table.

Portuguese football is generally piddle poor. Aside from the top clubs like Benfica, the standard drops dramatically and Vale would probably stay up with last seasons squad in their top flight.

Mourihno is Portugese in nationality only. Most of his coaching experience is in Spain. I would say at best Smurf is being conned to take on board a semi skilled foreign legion that in footballing terms is about conference level.

Humour me Bea, but who in their right mind would place a bet with those odds?

Bookmakers will confirm that they take quite a few 'rock solid' bets - sadly some of them are not so rock solid. Croatia were 1/33 (1.03) in the middle of the second half against the Czech Republic yesterday - they failed to win and anyone staking £33 to win £1 would have lost - but I've just checked on Betfair and some people did.

Some people will place bets at 100 to 1 on if they are utterly convinced - if you have lots of money (I don't) and can find £8000 to win £100 fine - but only if you are betting on the sun rising tomorrow (and if it doesn't you wont care if you lose) not for anything Vale.

I wouldn't bet at 1/8 that Vale don't move to the Orkneys in the next 2 days given the nature of our club, but they are never boring.

I think this can be a good solution. If we put toghether a good coaching team, with a lot of knowledge and expirience. I think it will come good.

With a little luck, we get like Solkjær did when he returned to Norway As a gift from Fergusson he got a wery expirienced assistant from Manchester United, and a first team coach. They had huge sucsess, but like Solkjær proved later. He was not the one with football knowledge in that coaching team.

Archived