Euro 2016

Wales worked hard and deserved to get to the semis but I'm certainly not sad that they lost

I am :yes:

If all that I remember in my dotage about Euro2016 is Iceland's and Wales' successes they will be good memories :smile:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the back of Wales. In general they are smug enough as it is, and I say that as someone who has a lot of Welsh blood! Now they've made a Euro semi-final they'll be trying to tell us all that they are the 4th best team in Europe now. I do give them some credit for a good effort though, Coleman has worked wonders in that job really and I'd be interested to see what he could do with England - Not that it would happen. This Euro competition on the whole has been absolutely toss.

Glad to see the back of Wales. In general they are smug enough as it is, and I say that as someone who has a lot of Welsh blood! Now they've made a Euro semi-final they'll be trying to tell us all that they are the 4th best team in Europe now. I do give them some credit for a good effort though, Coleman has worked wonders in that job really and I'd be interested to see what he could do with England - Not that it would happen. This Euro competition on the whole has been absolutely toss.

I agree,this has been a poor tournament.Maybe the real winners are Vale with the Portuguese and French players coming.:smile:

Will remember their win over Belgium for many years..they played some excellent football in that match and as I'm nearly always supporting the underdog it was good to see the underdog win...football is nothing if the favourite always wins

Advert:

Ramsey was a big loss on the day but Portugal managed to win again without really playing that well.

Saying that,they were involved in the best match I've seen so far in the tournament when they drew 3-3 with Hungary.

It could be argued that International cups are the only true competition left, club football is dominated by money, whereas management is all important at international level. The larger countries will always win because they have the larger populations, and can afford to develop players through the education system. But giant killing is in a Vale fan`s blood, so the achievements of Iceland and Wales are a bonus on top of Leicester`s season, as they so rarely happen. Possibly International football will deteriorate as top players lose interest and so give smaller countries more of a chance, who knows? Suppose Portugal are the small team now and did not win a group game, but Ronaldo puts me off.

:laugh: Absolutely full marks for barrel scraping. I know it's abit of fun, but are you doing England any favours by making them think they might not be rubbish ?

Well if Wales got knocked out in the semis and England beat Wales, does that not mean that England should be in the Final????? :razz:

Speaking to a an England player who didn't go because of injury yesterday and he said he's glad he didn't go and agreed with me that a lot of the players really don't want to play in a summer tournament additional to their normal league season. As long as they have that attitude we will never achieve anything.

Advert:

Speaking to a an England player who didn't go because of injury yesterday and he said he's glad he didn't go and agreed with me that a lot of the players really don't want to play in a summer tournament additional to their normal league season. As long as they have that attitude we will never achieve anything.

What a brilliant attitude! What a loser! Why on earth doesn't he retire and do himself and all the rest of us a favour?

What a brilliant attitude! What a loser! Why on earth doesn't he retire and do himself and all the rest of us a favour?
No pride in his country, money the only interest.

Was it Butland?

Advert:

Was it Butland?

Couldn't say but pretty obvious if you see where I live. He did go on to say that he's glad he didn't go because he didn't want to be associated with the shambles on the pitch. It does sound like there are too many players who put their club and money well ahead of the national team.

Wales having an open-top bus tour on arriving home is an absolute joke! They did very well to reach a semi but ultimately they lost to a Portuguese team that were very much there for the taking, and also lost to England, a nation they absolutely despise.

Talk about having a little country mentality.

Archived