onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

For me the players are 100% at fault here,all most fans ask for is 100% commitment and effort from those who pull on the Vale shirt and too many times they fall well short, cancel any days off and get them back up forest park running and working hard because today they all had a day off.

Advert

U

Stokes recent success must be affecting potential fans. How can any parent convince their child that sitting in an cold, gloomy, empty stadium, totally devoid of any atmosphere or passion is better than watching the other local team turnover one of the richest clubs in the world. That child will either choose the draw of the premier league or probably not bother with football at all. There are times when loyalty can easily border on stupidity. Just look at our fan base, it's mainly made up of older fans and it appears Vale are almost missing an entire generation from its potential pool of supporters. I wonder where they are?

Totally agree.

Players come & go its the nature of the 21st century professional. Playing for the love of the game or having loyalty and passion to a club no longer exists. Mercenaries sitting in the shadows of agents where's the next pound not who can I try for now. Also barring the odd exception most footballers don't have much between the ears and that's where a good management, strategy and tactics comes in. You can't coach passion and commitment but maybe you can motivate. People who say the players should have given more are deluded its just a wage slip too them, a nice house, a fancy car, nice clothes. Something's most of us only dream about.

Lots of reasons for today's result and for performances in general but it's not players or managers thatget clubs closed or in ffinancial trouble, its fans not coming through the gate, no money coming into the club, criticizing the best chairman we've had since Belly, that will get this club closed and guess who that falls down to??? Bang on stay away gob****e fans. I love Port Vale but have no respect for these so called fans.

U

Stokes recent success must be affecting potential fans. How can any parent convince their child that sitting in an cold, gloomy, empty stadium, totally devoid of any atmosphere or passion is better than watching the other local team turnover one of the richest clubs in the world. That child will either choose the draw of the premier league or probably not bother with football at all. There are times when loyalty can easily border on stupidity. Just look at our fan base, it's mainly made up of older fans and it appears Vale are almost missing an entire generation from its potential pool of supporters. I wonder where they are?

The problem with that comment is that a lot a lot of fans who have been with the club for 40 or 50 years are now staying away BECAUSE OF PAGE.

I don't blame Page. Players let everyone down and Smurthwaite's letting himself down. Ridiculous.

I have decided you are from a parallel universe. It is too much Corbyn thinking that is affecting you. I know if I have nothing positive to say I should say nothing, but I can't think of a guy who has tried harder for PV and its supporters than Mr Smurf and he deserves total support and respect. I have done my bit relatively this year as well spending on a second season ticket that is hardly used and spending a lot in the shop. So I feel I can be justified in saying I wish you would pull your socks up.

U

Around where I live there are many Tranmere supporters who also support Liverpool or Everton. Going back to the late 70s and 80s I felt able to watch Stoke and Port Vale. I gave up Stoke because the Victoria Ground was a consistently unpleasant place to go with fighting and racist chanting etc. So it is possible to have a reasonable future, but more young people need to be encouraged by pricing and offers etc. Season before last the Toronto Blue Jays played a baseball game midweek early afternoon with 42,000 school children there. It's that sort of imagination needed.

I have decided you are from a parallel universe. It is too much Corbyn thinking that is affecting you. I know if I have nothing positive to say I should say nothing, but I can't think of a guy who has tried harder for PV and its supporters than Mr Smurf and he deserves total support and respect. I have done my bit relatively this year as well spending on a second season ticket that is hardly used and spending a lot in the shop. So I feel I can be justified in saying I wish you would pull your socks up.

Wow!

Blame the man who keeps over spending to try and help us all dream rather than the manager who can't motivate a bunch of players who don't care in pretty much 50% of games!

Wow!

In an earlier post today, I stated that I liked Norman and consider him to be the best chairman we've had in my time supporting the club. However, I think that his rash actions today were embarrassing. No chairman should be clambering on to the fans' coach and promising that the manager will be sacked (and then later denying it), or 'hunting down' his manager. Just because Norman is great for the club, doesn't mean he is beyond criticism.

In an earlier post today, I stated that I liked Norman and consider him to be the best chairman we've had in my time supporting the club. However, I think that his rash actions today were embarrassing. No chairman should be clambering on to the fans' coach and promising that the manager will be sacked (and then later denying it), or 'hunting down' his manager. Just because Norman is great for the club, doesn't mean he is beyond criticism.

Page isnt beyond it either...

Wow!

Blame the man who keeps over spending to try and help us all dream rather than the manager who can't motivate a bunch of players who don't care in pretty much 50% of games!

Wow!

I dont think he is blamung smurf for the performance, however i would expect a more professional approach from the top down. Smurf going on to a coach stating he would get a new manager is not what i would expect, although i can understand his passion following a lack luster display by the vast majority of the team. There is however a time and place.

For me there are two main let downs of yesterday. Firstly the lack of application by professional footballers. Woeful display that even Blakeman couldnt defend.....but what has really brassed me off is Pages comments that we are punching above our weight. Id like him to explain what he is thinking by this. No ambition!!!

I will no doubt be called a meddling, condescending **** fan and told to go back to The Oatcake but just calling it as I see it, seen Vale on half a dozen occasions this season and there's no reason why that squad couldn't go on a decent run if they remain fit and stay confident. Page just needs to be braver away from home, you get 0 points for a defeat whether you sit back and keep it tight or be brave and go for it. If he does that still think it could be a decent season for Vale......

I think that you comments are hard to take after the weekend's results of both teams!!

A lot of what you say is entirely sensible but the one thing that Vale (and Stoke fans demand) is effort and passion from the players.

When you've lost that (and Page has), as a manager, you're finished.

Time for a change.

Archived