onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

This is what always gets me. When people criticise the team there is always someone who says such and such a game was brilliant and so was such and such a game . That is not good enough . Success at home is when you can pick out the (very) occasional bad game not the occasional good one. That is not going to get the fans coming back for some time . 3500 is going to be the norm unless hard decisions are taken and quickly.

PAGE OUT.

"Page Out" from a non-attender. Classic.

Advert

Seeing as Norman owns the club outright does he have someone to offload on and discuss big decisions with? I know on the radio the other night he said he wouldn't want to work alongside someone spending his money but surely he needs a bit of help from somwhere?

He certainly does need help i would suggest the players for a start.

Personally speaking I blame the players and the players alone, they were awful, I think they thought they only had to turn up to win the look on the face of O Connor when he shied away fro a 50 50 ball spoke volumes the only player who earned his wage was between the sticks and it was him alone who stopped it being 4-0 at half time, in short the players couldn't be arsed.

The old saying "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys" comes to mind and at this level you are not going to get much in the way of class, they play at this level for a reason, but the one thing I can't and will never forgive is the absolute lack of effort, passion they will never have, they have no allegiance to the club like I have no allegiance to the company I work for but not to try is a slap in the face to every one of the 300 who travelled in excess of 400 miles to watch what could only be described as a disgrace.

Smurf wears his heart on his sleeve but I wish he would stop the public hysterics every time there is a setback, if it has to be said keep it behind closed doors ! And as the Staffs Bobby who was there and is a vale fan said " mate I know how you feel it really has been a life of disappointment "

Despite what we think about Gannon on here, at least his team

put in a great shift on Sat. at Northampton. Some of the Vale players spend too much time looking at themselves in the mirror. Cheadle , Leake, Aspin, etc wouldn't stand for that . Page should never have been appointed manager in the first place. He's a coach , simple as that. As for Smurf, he should conduct his business in a more professional way. Always keep a little bit of distance Norman. I doubt that Bill Bell ever went on a bus and let fly in front of the fans like that. Our southern neighbours

must be rolling around laughing.

Personally speaking I blame the players and the players alone, they were awful, I think they thought they only had to turn up to win the look on the face of O Connor when he shied away fro a 50 50 ball spoke volumes the only player who earned his wage was between the sticks and it was him alone who stopped it being 4-0 at half time, in short the players couldn't be arsed.

The old saying "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys" comes to mind and at this level you are not going to get much in the way of class, they play at this level for a reason, but the one thing I can't and will never forgive is the absolute lack of effort, passion they will never have, they have no allegiance to the club like I have no allegiance to the company I work for but not to try is a slap in the face to every one of the 300 who travelled in excess of 400 miles to watch what could only be described as a disgrace.

Smurf wears his heart on his sleeve but I wish he would stop the public hysterics every time there is a setback, if it has to be said keep it behind closed doors ! And as the Staffs Bobby who was there and is a vale fan said " mate I know how you feel it really has been a life of disappointment "

I also blame the players.........Good post.

What I said was correct. Ta

So to summarise

Mr Hobblecobble's rules

1. You can only post on match threads if you've seen the game

2. You can only post on NON MATCH THREADS if the team have won.

3. If the team have lost Mr Hobblecobble will devise a new rule to stop you posting on NON MATCH THREADS.

I suggest for the third time you check your facts.

I must be getting famous if I have a troll. :laugh::razz::nailbiting:

Don't know about shooting from the hip--Norman certainly shoots from the lip! He really does wear his heart on his sleeve which is in some ways good, but perhaps there's times (like yesterday) that 'silence is golden'. His tweets and then the later quotes look contradictory. Like I say, a little thought first before letting rip may help with some clarity. God knows what the club would do if Norman decides to get out?

What I said was correct. Ta-ra! See you next time we lose (which I imagine you hope will be quite soon).

Even though I agree with what you originally said about the management situation. How do you manage to upset so many people seemingly on every subject you post on? You must have either been born with this facility or you've just practiced hard in the intervening years?

Norman should reveiw this whole situation then come to the conclusion that is getting rid of Page.

Smurf supplied the budget to buy a proper supply of quality players in Streete, Purkiss, Grant, Andoh...All quality players that have enough potential to fire Vale up the league.

Unfortunately Page stuck with at least three of his clique...they should have been allowed to leave. When Smurf invested in the summer it was quite obvious how important a run in The FA Cup would be to the clubs prosperity.

Yesterday saw the players pay Smurf back with a lackluste performance...only thing is ultimately it is up to Page to get them riled up for what is in no doubt a really important game for the club....He failed to do this.

It's time for change and somebody who can motivate for these really important matches. Until Vale start to put together a good Cup run then we can forget about the Championship. Vale are in the same rut now as they were in pre John Rudge. For a lot of supporters who started supporting the club in the late 80's...it is really disheartening to go backwards in such a way. At least 3,000 that attended in the Rudge years are wasting in the woodwork. Vale's true fan base with success is at least 7,000.

Archived