onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

Smurf says he was beaten up by 3 supporters in April 2014, lost 2 teeth and needed stitches. The culprits could not be identified by CCTV.

Obviously if true these actions are abhorrent and disgusting. I just wonder why there was no report of these actions in the paper to increase the chances of people who had any knowledge of what happened coming forward.

Advert

Smurf says he was beaten up by 3 supporters in April 2014, lost 2 teeth and needed stitches. The culprits could not be identified by CCTV.

Obviously if true these actions are abhorrent and disgusting. I just wonder why there was no report of these actions in the paper to increase the chances of people who had any knowledge of what happened coming forward.

The whole thing is becoming a soap opera which would give Eastenders a run for its money in the Annual Soap Awards. Those across the city must be lapping this up. I can't wait for tomorrow's edition.

They weren't supporters. Its debatable whether they were human beings.

What makes me smile the chairman got on to the supporters about not attending matches, saying we need to get out to games and support the lads, then he puts it up for sale, what does that say about his loyalty then, he's been wanting to go for a couple of seasons if the truth is known.

If that makes you smile, your a bit of a prat.

Maybe he's had enough of ploughing money into a club where the fans don't appreciate him.

Guest barnzay_13

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Norman-Smurthwaite-says-beaten-Vale/story-28320647-detail/story.html

If this is true its absolutly shocking, and the three "fans" mentioned should be truly ashamed of themselves. The guy has done his best & saved the very club we support. For three "fans" to attack him and his daughter is totally unacceptable.

Not one word of this has ever been mentioned to my knowledge. Surely someone would have known he had a hiding?

The whole saga is embarrassing.

I thought the same. I am not suggesting for one second that the story is untrue but I thought that maybe he would get a report in the Sentinel to help identify the attackers?

What makes me smile the chairman got on to the supporters about not attending matches, saying we need to get out to games and support the lads, then he puts it up for sale, what does that say about his loyalty then, he's been wanting to go for a couple of seasons if the truth is known.
More loyalty than most, I would not have ever gone to the Vale again having lost two teeth from a beating up.

smurf will not have budgeted any further than 2nd rounds in cups that's as far as we usually get. the things that disappointing him most are home attendances there is no reason why we shouldn't be getting close or over 6000 we have got a great home record this season so fans cant use performances/results as an excuse.

Results I would agree with but performances, the first part aside (up to the Blunts) have been poor in general.

I thought the same. I am not suggesting for one second that the story is untrue but I thought that maybe he would get a report in the Sentinel to help identify the attackers?

Maybe he wanted it kept quiet at the time. Didn't want to upset certain people?

Archived