onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

My worry is the ownership of the ground!!!What happens now?

Why is it a worry ?

A new buyer, will have to be wealthy and usually a business man, therefore will want to ensure they secure the stadium as part of the deal. Or tie themselves into a long lease on the stadium at a fair market rent.

Either way , unless a complete moron buys the club, there's nothing to worry about.

Advert

Why is it a worry ?

A new buyer, will have to be wealthy and usually a business man, therefore will want to ensure they secure the stadium as part of the deal. Or tie themselves into a long lease on the stadium at a fair market rent.

Either way , unless a complete moron buys the club, there's nothing to worry about.

Very true

Whilst i sympathise with you Norman that interview was a farce.

Moaning you dont know what to do.

Moaning you were angered at the players and the staff for not acknowledging fans.

Moaning we have too many players yet stating you wont bring in a CEO because we would lose FOUR, yes, FOUR players. Even though we have too many.

Moaning the squad isnt good enough for a play off push.

Moaning we are crying out for a striker (something you have been told for 12 weeks or more by fans, yet last time on the radio told everyone to stop moaning and deal with it!)

Moaning that the budget was wasted and you have had to put in extra. Again we told you it was.

Christ amighty man.

Regardless of what the fans think. If thats what YOU, a club chairman thinks then ****ing act man!

Not by putting the club up for sale (even though it could take months/years for a buyer) but by being proactive and sacking the man you have constantly moaned about for 15 minutes in a phone interview!!

Jesus christ. Whether i personally think Page sould be sacked or not you pretty much convinced me he should after that interview and then stated you dont know what to do!

It beggars belief.

It really does.

Mr Smurf has been excellent. The nature of supporting a club like Port Vale is a lot of disappointment. When this is costing you a lot of money a line has to be drawn. So it has been. We must hope that a viable way forward to sustain Good L1 football is found. The trouble with change is that it's risky. I want incremental change not step change. I only want step change is the high risk is justified by a significant advance in status.

Whilst i sympathise with you Norman that interview was a farce.

Moaning you dont know what to do.

Moaning you were angered at the players and the staff for not acknowledging fans.

Moaning we have too many players yet stating you wont bring in a CEO because we would lose FOUR, yes, FOUR players. Even though we have too many.

Moaning the squad isnt good enough for a play off push.

Moaning we are crying out for a striker (something you have been told for 12 weeks or more by fans, yet last time on the radio told everyone to stop moaning and deal with it!)

Moaning that the budget was wasted and you have had to put in extra. Again we told you it was.

Christ amighty man.

Regardless of what the fans think. If thats what YOU, a club chairman thinks then ****ing act man!

Not by putting the club up for sale (even though it could take months/years for a buyer) but by being proactive and sacking the man you have constantly moaned about for 15 minutes in a phone interview!!

Jesus christ. Whether i personally think Page sould be sacked or not you pretty much convinced me he should after that interview and then stated you dont know what to do!

It beggars belief.

It really does.

"Jesus Christ" he is a human being.

Exeter have drawn Liverpool at home. To make money to the level we think of they need to agree to play away. But Mr Smurf has lost at least £100k from this debacle and I am not surprised he has to draw a line.

I absolutely totally agree.

But that interview tonight was farcical.

How a chairman can moan his **** off for 15 minutes about his manager and yet keep him in a job is laughable.

Im a huge Smurthwaite fan but that was embarrassing.

Your club. Your money. You dont know what to do, you declare, yet slag off your manager and question him for 15 minutes on live radio??!!!!

Im baffled.

You have had enough snuf. Try enduring this garbage since you were a lad.

You picked the manager. You endorsed his team. You had an opportunity to get into the dressing room pat half time and tell the bald Bafoon and his bunch of bottlers that they should want to go into the next round to play a team from the premier.

But most of all you should have told them the financial cost to the club should Exeter draw out Man United or worse Joke City on Monday.

We have little opportunity of changing things.

Page is about as inspirational as a toilet and needs to go.

i for one understand smurfs frustration with fans like you who think because you pay to watch a match you think it give you the right to tell people who know a lot more about running a football club how to do their job

I absolutely totally agree.

But that interview tonight was farcical.

How a chairman can moan his **** off for 15 minutes about his manager and yet keep him in a job is laughable.

Im a huge Smurthwaite fan but that was embarrassing.

Your club. Your money. You dont know what to do, you declare, yet slag off your manager and question him for 15 minutes on live radio??!!!!

Im baffled.

Spot on ST. The manager he picked despite a run of 1 win in 11. Madness

The potential loss of revenue from a bumper 3rd Round tie against one of the big 4 or a derby against Stoke with the TV cashfall that would have gone with it is ultimately what will be hurting NS.

BUT............When you step back and look at the big picture the facts are these. Vale are 11th in the league, 4 points off a play off place and 10 points off the relegation zone. That's an improvement, and it's also where I would have expected them to be. Cup defeats happen, in the grand scheme of things a mid table League One team losing at a mid-table League Two team isn't huge, yes the nature of the performance was unacceptable but whether Page gets a reaction on Saturday will show how behind him the players are.

Unless a proven manager is waiting in the wings, I would suggest sacking Page would be futile at this stage. The games come thick and fast over Xmas and it can make or break a teams season, Vale aren't getting relegated anytime soon so I would suggest he is given at least until the turn of the year after the Swindon game. Lets remember the board went into meltdown on the back of the Burton defeat and what happened? 4 wins on the bounce and a surge up the league.

it's an emotional game and it's easy to get carried away with the highs and lows, but in the cold light of day Vale are where they probably should be position wise. There's no outstanding teams so it's right that the fans should expect more, but the team are a couple of wins on the bounce away from a Play Off position.

I will no doubt be called a meddling, condescending **** fan and told to go back to The Oatcake but just calling it as I see it, seen Vale on half a dozen occasions this season and there's no reason why that squad couldn't go on a decent run if they remain fit and stay confident. Page just needs to be braver away from home, you get 0 points for a defeat whether you sit back and keep it tight or be brave and go for it. If he does that still think it could be a decent season for Vale......

You do talk a lot of sense! Nice to speak to a semi decent intelligent Stoke fan that doesn't just mindlessly gloat at our struggles.

Archived