onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans view.

Spunk Trumpet

I don't suppose he would, but comments about his decisions on his employer`s Twitter account is a different matter, then splashed across the Sentinel. If done to me I would be looking around for another job, especially having demonstrated how I can turn around a football team.

But he hasn't achieved anything yet.

Advert

I nearly had a heart attack when Cole went up for that header towards the end.

I don't understand how people who say that Hooper may not be ready but should be given 15 minutes in a match to try and prove himself, can then criticise Page for giving the equally raw Kelly a chance. Then again, I can't understand how Page can think Kelly is worth a try yet Hooper isn't.

I do think Kelly will come good but it will take time. Unfortunately, most football fans don't like to see inadequate players given time.

But he hasn't achieved anything yet.
Surely we are playing much better than last season, that maybe the only achievement we make, finishing half way would be an achievement based on fans expectations before the season started. But expectations have soared, ignoring our strength in depth. Who knows how he is judged by other clubs, what do Doncaster think of him?

I only listened to it... but it sounded like...

We controlled the game in the first half by having forward movement that put them under pressure in their half, which in turn kept them at bay most of the time from our goal area.....

Second half we made substitutes to try to put up the shutters to hold on, which allowed them to press forward more and threaten more and put our defence under more pressure

It also sounded like a team going from playing entertaining football to a team being lost in the fog.

In those circumstances the bradford comments were spot on... we took the players off that were pinning them back and brought players on who allowed them to play.

I agree with Norman he only said what we all thought at the time why take all your teeth out when the three best players caused all sorts of problems we haven't got the same quality on the bench it's not like Andoh and Uche played any extra time in midweek anyway

Birchall, Kelly or indeed Lloyd and Daniel are miles behind the first eleven I too believe the retained list will still bite him on the bum a few times this season

We either need Campion,JJ Hooper on the bench or both and if not why not go for somebody like Nicky Ajose on loan after all he does know how to play off Uche!!

It's also not like any of the players taken off are going to be needed for a week or so either. Should be perhaps looking at resting players for the paint pot and we've no game next weekend.

Would like to see another striker come in to support Uche if he's not going to make it through 90 minutes. AJLS and Doods up front is a complete waste, IMHO one should have been brought on to replace the other Dodds looked in far more need of a rest than Uche.

BOT and Norman whilst as upset as anyone should really have been discussing this with Page during the week and not discussing this stuff on Twitter or whatever. It undermines him and should we have a poor run, which no doubt we will, gives the boo boys assumed licence to do the same.

never a dull moment on emmervale. an interesting point someone made before the season kicked off is starting to come true....having no proven goalscorer up top means we are in for a shedload of 0-0 and 1-0 defeat games and im inclined to agree with that statement without trying to have a massive over reaction to a clear ******* that was dropped yesterday top 10 finish is a long way off as it stands

I find his honesty refreshing. At the end of the day he's the one that has backed Page the most seeing as he gave him the job. I'm sure Smurthwaite is just letting off a bit of steam after what should have been three points, or a point at least, were squandered. He's entitled to a dissapointed opinion just as much as everyone one.

I agree with most of that, but isn't it also likely to undermine the manager if the owner keeps make public such thoughts?

I agree with most of that, but isn't it also likely to undermine the manager if the owner keeps make public such thoughts?

He's going to under mine himself if he keeps making mistakes like that .. How often Re we going to say played really well, should have got more from it .. Crewe, gills, Bradford so far

....having no proven goalscorer up top means we are in for a shedload of 0-0 and 1-0 defeat games ...top 10 finish is a long way off as it stands

So - a single 1-0 defeat, and 2 x 0-0 draws (1 away at Prem opposition) out of 7 games doesn't exactly back up your post...and we're a single point off 9th place...which isn't far off a top 10 place! I think you, and others on here ARE over-reacting to that last-20-second defeat and a rare defensive lapse from Ryan Inniss!

And, for those of you who say Norman ought not to air his views on social media...whilst airing YOUR views on social media...and the even more arrogant who say it's not his club, it's ours...sorry - wrong on both counts!

The club is nothing without the fans. The fans were there long before Norman and will be there long after he has gone.

Archived