onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans view.

Spunk Trumpet

Suspect Norman was more upset/embarrassed by the source of the criticism/comments than the actual comments/events on the pitch....rival directors basically taking the p from what I can gather wound him up. They possibly got the kind of reaction that they were hoping for which for me is disappointing although it shows that Norman cared enough to respond; would have been better to come back with "Don't care what they think, we're higher up the table" or something like that

Draw a line under it, move on

That is a very good post!

Advert

It's also not like any of the players taken off are going to be needed for a week or so either. Should be perhaps looking at resting players for the paint pot and we've no game next weekend.

Would like to see another striker come in to support Uche if he's not going to make it through 90 minutes. AJLS and Doods up front is a complete waste, IMHO one should have been brought on to replace the other Dodds looked in far more need of a rest than Uche.

BOT and Norman whilst as upset as anyone should really have been discussing this with Page during the week and not discussing this stuff on Twitter or whatever. It undermines him and should we have a poor run, which no doubt we will, gives the boo boys assumed licence to do the same.

As discussed in the pub before the game facebook/twiitter is the devils work

Suspect Norman was more upset/embarrassed by the source of the criticism/comments than the actual comments/events on the pitch....rival directors basically taking the p from what I can gather wound him up. They possibly got the kind of reaction that they were hoping for which for me is disappointing although it shows that Norman cared enough to respond; would have been better to come back with "Don't care what they think, we're higher up the table" or something like that

Draw a line under it, move on

Sounds like a good plan Bon'Ami :yes:

No, supporters already did that under the previous regime. I don't dispute what Norman has done for the club but I don't think he has been that sensible in his public comments regarding yesterday's game.

"Supporters" plural.

This is one man putting his money in.

And whilst he isnt a dubai millionaire he can do what the hell he wants (within reason obviously) when he ALONE is putting in hundreds of thousands of pounds without any possible return.

And any supporter who think they have the right to think otherwise and that they are the life of our club right now are sadly mistaken.

If you stopped going altogether,tomorrow, pvfc would survive Jean. Make no mistake.

If Norman pulled the plug i would be worried about pvfcs future.

Yes, you are one of the hardcore 3000 or so but what you have put into the club money wise is pittance compared to that of our chairman.

This isnt a Bratt run organisation anymore. This is Normans club. He OWNS it. Like it or not. He can do what the hell he wants with it. He can run us into the ground if he wants!!

But lets face facts. The club is in a much more stable position since he took it on. And whilst he has his faults, i believe we are much better off with him than without him.

Norman Smurthwaite is our gaffer. Your gaffer. Like it or lump it. Its HIS club and we get to choose whether or not to support that.

Am I the only one who saw Birchall in the Bradford penalty area shooting at goal immediately before the Bradford attack which led to their goal? Or are you all watching on Radio Stoke as usual? Not bad for someone who can't run.

By the way we don't all know that Kelly is not good enough. I see a young player who is averse to taking risks and has probably been indoctrinated with the nonsense of possession at all costs. When he has confidence and takes a man on he shows considerable promise but needs further coaching at toughening up before he is ready for a full game - just as Andoh did last year.

I think you must be ..I saw birchall get into a ball in the box which should have won us the match, only got him to get hussled out of it

"Supporters" plural.

And whilst he isnt a dubai millionaire he can do what the hell he wants (within reason obviously) when he ALONE is putting in hundreds of thousands of pounds without any possible return.

And any supporter who think they have the right to think otherwise and that they are the life of our club right now are sadly mistaken.

If you stopped going altogether,tomorrow, pvfc would survive Jean. Make no mistake.

Yes, you are one of the hardcore 3000 or so but what you have put into the club money wise is pittance compared to that of our chairman.

This isnt a Bratt run organisation anymore. This is Normans club. He OWNS it. Like it or not. He can do what the hell he wants with it. He can run us into the ground if he wants!!

But lets face facts. The club is in a much more stable position since he took it on. And whilst he has his faults, i believe we are much better off with him than without him.

Norman Smurthwaite is our gaffer. Your gaffer. Like it or lump it. Its HIS club and we get to choose whether or not to support that.

That is a great post mate!

Unfortunately the legacy of Valiant 2001 will live on for years... Port Vale is about as much 'ours' as the favourite pub, restaurant, theatre or wherever you go and pay to be entertained...

I like Smurf, I like what he has done for Port Vale, I like his honesty, I like that he hurts when things go wrong. That shows he cares! Rob Page will not have any problem with anything that Smurf says because Rob will know himself that he makes mistakes and he knows smurfs character.. Smurf shoots from the hip, he isn't going to change now and it's obviously done him well in life up to this point.

Since Smurf took over we have improved vastly every season! The man deserves rose petals at his feet not nasty sniping comments at any given opportunity..

That is a great post mate!

Unfortunately the legacy of Valiant 2001 will live on for years... Port Vale is about as much 'ours' as the favourite pub, restaurant, theatre or wherever you go and pay to be entertained...

I like Smurf, I like what he has done for Port Vale, I like his honesty, I like that he hurts when things go wrong. That shows he cares! Rob Page will not have any problem with anything that Smurf says because Rob will know himself that he makes mistakes and he knows smurfs character.. Smurf shoots from the hip, he isn't going to change now and it's obviously done him well in life up to this point.

Since Smurf took over we have improved vastly every season! The man deserves rose petals at his feet not nasty sniping comments at any given opportunity..

This and Spunkers post are absolutely dead on. I agree that the hard core, who have endured years and years of heartache and let down are fantastic, I'm one of them! However Norman has made this his club and anyone who questions his sincerity is frankly bonkers.

Page and the players know Norman better than any of us and will probably have a quiet giggle at some of his rants, BUT they know what to expect and what Norman wants for our great Club. Let him get on with it, it certainly adds a bit of spice and interest at Vale.

Don't agree with that comparison. I've never heard fans singing "Bulls Head 'til I die".

"Supporters" plural.

I will go along with that except for the highlighted bit

But should a chairman make it public?

No. He would do well to look at how a certain Peter Coates runs a football club. Premier League or not he supports managers as much as he can, says little in public and even if he does it is a general football comment. It is an excellent example of running a club.

Just because he can doesn't mean he should.

Surprised it's taken you this long to comment FBS. I missed have your comments praising the team following the Doncaster win and West Brom performance. Can you point me in the direction to them, I'd like to read. Thanks.

WEST BROM we lost performance is irrelavant imho we are out the cup cus we cant beat a goally from ten yards

as for the Donny game if we are to survive in league one this season we need results like that most home games and lets face it donny were rubbish carry on conversing with your deluded mates.

Donny were rubbish because of how we played made them look rubbish. West Brom are a premership team and as such we were never expected to win...or did you actually think we would win? If so you are a little deluded.

We are building a good team and ive no doubt we will have a great season. I love Smurf's passion but agree with others that he needs to keep criticism within the club and not in public.

Archived