onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans view.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Are you on a wind up????? we have lost that one game and so far i think every post you have made since has been a dig or insult at Page....you really cant wait for him to fail so you can say i told you so and sorry but that's very very sad imo

Yes we didn't agree with his subs on Saturday and it might just have cost us the point(noone knows that for sure) BUT Page has also bought us some of the best football i have seen since Rudge days.

Well said Bon'Ami :yes:

I think there may be a bigger picture with these substitutions. The fitness / conditioning guy might be having a say about how to maximise value over the course of a season and avoid injuries.

Enoch in particular looks superb for about an hour but then seems to tire, he's quite young and not been getting 90 mins of footie at that intensity. Just a thought.

Not so sure the turnaround in our style of play can be wholly attributed to RP? We didn't see this kind of improvement last season when he took over...other than "new manager bounce". Yet, lose the previous coaches, and bring in the excellent (IMO) Paul Bodin, and another couple of coaches, and THEN we see this difference. Bradford game, to me, was RP was merely reverting to the kind of decisions he made last season during our flirt with relegation...I've said before, he may regret bringing in Paul Bodin!

Good coaches don't necessarily make good managers though. I hope Norman isn't planning to save money by getting rid of Page just because he didn't make the "right" substitutions against Bradford.

Not so sure the turnaround in our style of play can be wholly attributed to RP? We didn't see this kind of improvement last season when he took over...other than "new manager bounce". Yet, lose the previous coaches, and bring in the excellent (IMO) Paul Bodin, and another couple of coaches, and THEN we see this difference. Bradford game, to me, was RP was merely reverting to the kind of decisions he made last season during our flirt with relegation...I've said before, he may regret bringing in Paul Bodin!

Excellent point. Something I've been suggesting too regarding the coaches having a huge influence. Page is learning with each game, but is he too "safe" sometimes? Bradford were there for the taking yet the subs (runners/workers on for flair players) would suggest he was trying to shut up shop and maybe nick it rather than just going for the win?

I'm not sure if Page should have responded by talking about "people having a pop" at him/team.

He would have been better saying nothing and then beating Carlisle about 6-0.

What a weird week at PVFC!

Seems pretty normal to me Alan in an Eastenders sort of way.:laugh:

Good coaches don't necessarily make good managers though. I hope Norman isn't planning to save money by getting rid of Page just because he didn't make the "right" substitutions against Bradford.

I think smurf can be a bit of a numpty [cant we all] with the pr stuff..... but the guy isnt stupid

Whilst I appreciate Smurf's efforts for the club and enjoy his refreshing approach to interacting with us the fans in this particular case I think he should have kept his opinions between himself and the manager. If you're running an operation and you want someone to leave one of the classic tactics is to publically criticise them. I'm not sure Norm wants Page to go and we've had a very encouraging start so things need keeping in perspective.

However, as quite a few have already pointed out, we are desperate for a natural goalscorer, if we could find the answer to that we'll be right up there. We need the missing piece to gain the effectiveness of a Moss & Newton / Futcher & Beckford / Foyle & Naylor, etc.

The Carlisle game surely has to be the time to see if JJ Hooper has got anything, even if he has half a game or 45 with Uche & 45 with AJ.

According to Dodds in todays Sentinel it was being worked on last season.

I can't see Vale getting rid of another manager as Smurf isn't going to want to have to find someone else. Remember they may not want the current players and then he will have to spend more bringing in even more.

They may not want them... but if thats the only choice they are given as a condition of getting the job, they will.

Im not saying thats what is happening, I doubt it is.

Archived