onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans view.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Maybe we will know at the end of September?

I'd rather hope not TBH after the football this season I think that Page deserves his chance. Retained list admittedly is a disaster as are a couple of the signings but so far this season in comparison to last, when I was almost at the point of not bothering again, it has been a million times better.

Jeez, I wish the people that "hacked" Smurthwaite's email and twitter accounts would change his passwords on those and here too. I should say that I think that he is the best chairman we've had in my lifetime (yes, including Bell) but I'm so sick of him spouting snipey bits of info. I've never known such an obviously business savy men to shoot himself and his business in the foot so often. This isn't 'openness' because he's not actually telling us anything, just hints and stuff that's totally open to speculation. He's appointed a (IMO excellent) manager but has, with Saturday's ill advised tweet, given the boo-boys ample ammo to throw at him. He's now, with this latest post, opened Page's current position and future open to speculation. Seriously, why say anything? It will only achieve negative things. All this "I'm only being honest" is baloney too; either speak your brains and be properly open, or keep schtum. Don't just leave some vague hint of something going on behind the scenes.

I'd rather hope not TBH after the football this season I think that Page deserves his chance. Retained list admittedly is a disaster as are a couple of the signings but so far this season in comparison to last, when I was almost at the point of not bothering again, it has been a million times better.

But do we know what went on? The budget has gone up by £300k to bring in better players, if that was not known earlier that would explain who was retained? It is also a bit early to judge players.

But do we know what went on? The budget has gone up by £300k to bring in better players, if that was not known earlier that would explain who was retained? It is also a bit early to judge players.

Myself no not a clue, just what I see and read on here and I'm not that interested to go digging. As for the players, I just mean that whilst we have players to cover in almost every position we're going to struggle if Uche comes off after 75 minutes of every match, or we have to play him every minute of every game in order to win games.

Myself no not a clue, just what I see and read on here and I'm not that interested to go digging. As for the players, I just mean that whilst we have players to cover in almost every position we're going to struggle if Uche comes off after 75 minutes of every match, or we have to play him every minute of every game in order to win games.

I just wondered who were the player disasters?

I was personally surprised that all of the squad bar 1 were offered contracts, I'd would have also seen a couple of the guys on 2 year contracts off loaded if possible. Perhaps 'disaster' is a bit strong but if money is tight then we should have used it better.

But you have not answered the question, which 2 would you not have signed?

I must admit that I was pretty flabbergasted with the retained list and feared the worst. However, the subsequent signings pleasantly surprised me - in the main - and I don't think we should get negatively 'blown away' by a last second Bradford winner.

This season, so far, as Nelly says, has been a vast improvement on the later Adams days and I thank Page & Smurf for it. I hope that there's nothing going on behind the scenes which may derail matters for us......the past decade or so has taught us the folly of uncertainty and constant fire-fighting. This club needs a period of stability. I hope that RP and NS can bestow us that.

I hope Norm does not throw the baby out with the bath water. Page will make mistakes, it's the nature of the business and he's still relatively new into this role. But there is a lot to be said for the devil you know, and working with him. I well remember some bad times with Rudgie, including relegation, but over time he made a huge difference to the club.

I feel Page has that same potential and performances so far this year have clearly seen a big improvement. Sometimes you have to bite your lip and be patient and supportive.

...If done to me I would be looking around for another job, especially having demonstrated how I can turn around a football team.

Not so sure the turnaround in our style of play can be wholly attributed to RP? We didn't see this kind of improvement last season when he took over...other than "new manager bounce". Yet, lose the previous coaches, and bring in the excellent (IMO) Paul Bodin, and another couple of coaches, and THEN we see this difference. Bradford game, to me, was RP was merely reverting to the kind of decisions he made last season during our flirt with relegation...I've said before, he may regret bringing in Paul Bodin!

Archived