onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans view.

Spunk Trumpet

Am I the only one who finds the idea of anyone "sharing" their feelings with strangers via a computer etc rather odd ?

This seems to be what Twitter consists of.

I'm not just on about Smurf, as lots of far better-known people than him do it as well.

What exactly do people get out of doing that ?

Advert

Page's reply to the Smurf Tweet is really professional.Well done to him .As he stated Page deals with any issues in the dressing room and not in public.This should have been dealt with the same ,within the walls of Vale Park.As he says ,let's all move on and Carlisle next.Spot on Pagey!!!

Am I the only one who finds the idea of anyone "sharing" their feelings with strangers via a computer etc rather odd ?

This seems to be what Twitter consists of.

I'm not just on about Smurf, as lots of far better-known people than him do it as well.

What exactly do people get out of doing that ?

Isn't that what you are doing on here ?

Well said Rob Page 10/10.That should be end of story now.

"I am not a massive fan of social media I have to be honest. But that is the world we live in, it is driven by social media and I think it can be a positive from a football club's point of view if used as the right tool.

"Would I go about my job like that? No I wouldn't, I don't work like that. Call me old fashioned but if I have something to say I will have a one on one with somebody in a room. I addressed the players at the end of the game and not one of you (the media) will know exactly what I said.

"There are times when I will come out and be honest with the press, but I think what I say to them has to stay in the changing room.:clap::clap::clap:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Rob-Page-responds-Norman-Smurthwaite-s/story-27708800-detail/story.html

Same here Mon'Ami - I share my thoughts via OVF.

I don't do Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, or Tumblr. I do use email but somewhat sparingly, and I do have a very old mobile used mainly for kith and kin. Now and again I use the landline to contact family and friend in the 'Old Dart, and once in a while send cards.

Does the trick for me :yes:

It's not the same though is it?

I'm a nobody, and no-one "follows" me.

OVF is the only internet forum I use, and it is pretty much a handful of Vale fans chewing the fat.

I guess with Twitter the more followers you have, the bigger your ego gets - so you end up thinking people actually give a **** how you are feeling or how many minutes late your bus is.

This and Spunkers post are absolutely dead on. I agree that the hard core, who have endured years and years of heartache and let down are fantastic, I'm one of them! However Norman has made this his club and anyone who questions his sincerity is frankly bonkers.

Page and the players know Norman better than any of us and will probably have a quiet giggle at some of his rants, BUT they know what to expect and what Norman wants for our great Club. Let him get on with it, it certainly adds a bit of spice and interest at Vale.

if page had a quiet giggle about his stupidity over the subs then I would if I were norman after the Bradford debacle my opinion of him is lower than ever.

I like page and his professionalism. What he actually thought is a matter for him alone and how he chooses to share it - but then again, so is Normans. I respect smurf and he can choose how he lets his feelings be known - it's just not how I personally would line Rj see it done! I just hope that this doesn't cause any chairman/manager rift. We have seen before how that always pans out!!!!!

Page's reply to the Smurf Tweet is really professional.Well done to him .As he stated Page deals with any issues in the dressing room and not in public.This should have been dealt with the same ,within the walls of Vale Park.As he says ,let's all move on and Carlisle next.Spot on Pagey!!!

:clap:

I think a lot of us can see the same old problems at times, so can Norman and he can do something about it. It is refreshing to see that he seems to have the same passion as we do for the Vale. His comments were made from the heart in an exchange of views, what he does about the situation on the other hand is between him and the rest of the staff and should be dealt with in private.

Archived