onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

M6 Roadworks

Jacko51

Just out of interest, has anyone ever seen anyone doing anything in that great long stretch of roadworks around Stafford and Cannock? Every time I drive through them I never see anyone actually working on them yet they've been on the go for nigh on two years now?

Advert

Got caught up in them couple of weeks back...took an age to get thru them and there were no workmen there at all. All the speed restrictions were in place so we were crawling along for seemingly no reason. Grrrrrr!!!!

Plus at the M6/M5 junction southbound the exit road is down to 1 lane so the approach to that is gridlocked for miles with seemingly nothing happening. Double Grrrrrr!!!!!!!

Just out of interest, has anyone ever seen anyone doing anything in that great long stretch of roadworks around Stafford and Cannock? Every time I drive through them I never see anyone actually working on them yet they've been on the go for nigh on two years now?

I drive there every day of my working life and I live in Penkridge, just off the M6 where this nightmare exists! Like you I very rarely see any activity as such and I drive day and night! Each day there are massive queues and not only at peak hours so a lot of the traffic uses the A449 through Penkridge making my village a living hell too.

Johnnyaitch is right there is only 1 lane open onto the M5, further south which causes untold hold ups and I am surprised no one has lost their life with the ignorant road users who fail to keep to the nearside land and then block the other lanes as no one lets them in!

The hard shoulder is being made into a 4th lane it appears and has been completed for a long section from Birmingham now into Staffordshire. I am led to believe that this work is ongoing and will actually crawl year by year northwards through Staffs into dear old Stoke on Trent and obviously continue to give grief to us motorway users. Progress, they call it!!!! My a...!

The roadworks no longer really bother me and I travel that way quite a lot.

Everyone drives steadily at 48-52 mph and there are no hold ups for much of the time.

Traffic snarl ups are generally caused by fools who drive too fast and then have to brake. When the traffic flows steadily as it does on the M42 at 60 mph then there isn't a huge problem.

It's the boy racers, tail-gating at 80 mph, who cause the constant stop-starts.

The only thing about the road works that bothers me is the fact that they allow huge lorries in the narrow middle lane, which is daft.

The toll road is great for me as I use it a lot to get to Coventry and Leamington. Brilliant road, Gordon Brown. Thank you! It's taken a lot off my journey and it's lovely and quiet.

The only thing about the road works that bothers me is the fact that they allow huge lorries in the narrow middle lane, which is daft.

True Sage. That middle lane is barely wide enough for some lorries, they virtually fill it and any "wobble" sees then cross the lines.

Very rare to get stuck in a line of traffic due to roadworks on the major highways in Massachusetts. When a road needs a repair or "re-tarmacing" (if that's what they do) they seem to do it during the night and literally throw the kitchen sink at it and get the repair done and road re-opened by the next morning.

Very rare to get stuck in a line of traffic due to roadworks on the major highways in Massachusetts. When a road needs a repair or "re-tarmacing" (if that's what they do) they seem to do it during the night and literally throw the kitchen sink at it and get the repair done and road re-opened by the next morning.

Same in this neck of the woods Paul :yes:

It is a huge job they're undertaking and the M6 is one of the busiest roads in Europe.

6 lanes and the 2 hard shoulders.

It takes time, to be fair to them, and it must stretch on and off for about 20 miles.

To get that job done in one night would take about 10 million workers working like the Keystone cops ;)

It is a huge job they're undertaking and the M6 is one of the busiest roads in Europe.

6 lanes and the 2 hard shoulders.

It takes time, to be fair to them, and it must stretch on and off for about 20 miles.

To get that job done in one night would take about 10 million workers working like the Keystone cops ;)

But surely the huge nature of the job would suggest that it might be an idea to have some people working on it now and then?

Many of the traffic flow problems are caused by the M6 toll road being a toll road. This has failed to relieve the traffic on the M6 passing through central Birmingham. Execute Gordon Brown.

Not Browns fault, this road was conceived and he toll to pay for it in the 80`s under that tyrant Thatcher. She and her cohorts saw a way of fleecing the public for profit ,as they do. still no need to execute thatcher as the witch is dead.

Not Browns fault, this road was conceived and he toll to pay for it in the 80`s under that tyrant Thatcher. She and her cohorts saw a way of fleecing the public for profit ,as they do. still no need to execute thatcher as the witch is dead.

What a load of bullocks. Let me guess world hunger , Aids and 9/11 was thatchers fault too?

Archived