onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

M6 Roadworks

Jacko51

Do you not get the tens of 1000s of hours wasted by EVERYONE caught up in such roadworks, the environmental damage done and so on. Yes I was caught up in it and it's annoying but I'm just an example....you obviously are unable to see the wider picture that long running roadworks such as this cause when there seems to be long periods of no activity.

Slower speed = less fuel used, less animals and birds killed on the road.

Perhaps you would be gracious enough to explain the environmental damage when others have said the traffic still moves but slower - slower speeds suggests less fuel usage and less chance of birds and animals being killed by speeding drivers.

If road works take longer to ensure the increased safety of those working on them, then it hardly matters if a few people are delayed, write your memoirs while you are waiting using a Dictaphone. Should be riveting stuff.

Advert

There was an accident there on thursday and they closed part of the M6, it ended up taking me over six hours to get to Cardiff.

there were signs galore to say the motorway ahead was closed and it was clearly shown that the insde lane was the only one still open leading up to j12 I think it was where we had to leave the mtorway but did that stop people tanking down in the outside lanes right up to the bitter end?

They were actually laying cones in the outside lane to close the outer lanes off sooner and cars were changing lane until they were past the cone laying vehicle then going back into the otuside lane. One motorcyclist squeezed between a car and the cone laying vehicle at about 70 mph almost hitting the poor guy who was leaning out trying to lay the cones.

Predictably it was then jammed solid when the monkeys reached the point where the lanes were closed and they were forced to all move into the inside lane at once.

People are selfish and thick.

That annoys me more than anything in roadworks. I quite like it when a lorry gets in the "closing" lane and stops all the stupid buggers doing that but in the end all that does is move the problems further back.

Why is the work only done at night? Does all of it require the closure of more than one lane????

Slower speed = less fuel used, less animals and birds killed on the road.

You really think that 1000s of cars per day stuck in traffic for hours uses less fuel and produces fewer emissions than if they were in free flowing traffic That my stop/start 7.5 hour journey used less fuel etc than the normal 4 hour journey?

Perhaps you would be gracious enough to explain the environmental damage when others have said the traffic still moves but slower - slower speeds suggests less fuel usage and less chance of birds and animals being killed by speeding drivers.

Who mentioned speeding drivers? Not me

Anyway..happy to

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2012/01/05/how-traffic-jams-affect-air-quality/

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/how-traffic-jams-affect-heart-health

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/air-pollution-traffic-levy-von-stackelberg

If road works take longer to ensure the increased safety of those working on them, then it hardly matters if a few people are delayed, write your ]memoirs while you are waiting using a Dictaphone. Should be riveting stuff.

As I said in post #16 on this thread "I don't think the issue is how long it's taking as such but the amount of time when there seems to be little or no activity". And as I've already stated it's quite right to have speed restrictions in place to protect workers when they are working ..you misses that twice.You really should take the time to get to know what you are posting about before posting another baseless accusation...or could you not comprehend my post?

Give me your mobile number then I'll have a d*ck to phone

not all of them are electronic, I checked. I won't call you a liar, you are mistaken though.

You checked the stretch of the M6 I was referring to on the day that that I was using it? Impressive. All the signs I saw specifying a 40 pr 50 mph restrictions on the stretch where we got caught up were electronic. I know that blows your argument up which is why you want to claim otherwise but hey, whatever you feel you need to do

Remember recently you said Nigel Pearson had made up the story about being attacked by a wild animal?

No I didn't I joked about it

Could this be the same - however, on the small chance that there is a fraction of truth in it, the poor lady must have been at her wits end having extra time in the car with you probably moaning and bickering about everything from the colour of the speed limit signs to how you spell 'limit'.

Believe what you wish..once again without what you have made up you've got nothing.

As you knew about road problems in advance, wasn't it selfish and inconsiderate to force such an elderly lady to travel on this journey at this time?

It was her choice to travel to ours on the same day that we picked her up..did you not o consider that an 82 year old might have a have a say?

"Force"? What an idiot you are

Why is the work only done at night? Does all of it require the closure of more than one lane????

Yes as some of the signs hangover lanes 1 and 2 and the work force need to be safe as well most days on the A500 50mph section cars and wagon's and artics going faster than the limit then cut you up to get off the next junction then slam there brakes on so they don't hit the vehicle in front forcing other drivers to do the same.

Yes as some of the signs hangover lanes 1 and 2 and the work force need to be safe.

Fine, but what are they actually doing and why is it taking two years?? Are they working on all the restricted section at any given time (it must be about 10 miles) or are they doing it a bit at a time?

Give me your mobile number then I'll have a d*ck to phone

Congratulations on using this 'joke' on the 45th anniversary of its first use, along with the 'Can I use your dictaphone' -'No, use your finger like everyone else' which it was derived from.

Ever thought of joining the Crankies - you'd fit in perfectly.

You checked the stretch of the M6 I was referring to on the day that that I was using it? Impressive. All the signs I saw specifying a 40 pr 50 mph restrictions on the stretch where we got caught up were electronic. I know that blows your argument up which is why you want to claim otherwise but hey, whatever you feel you need to do

All the ones YOU saw, same old trademark me me me - there are some that are not electronic, fact - if you didn't see them or didn't travel on that bit, tough luck.

Remember recently you said Nigel Pearson had made up the story about being attacked by a wild animal?

No I didn't I joked about it

Rubbish, you say that now but the post was clearly having a go at him.

And you should have considered the route and possible delays more carefully if an elderly lady was travelling, no doubt too preoccupied with your own needs and thoughts to consider anyone else.

Congratulations on using this 'joke' on the 45th anniversary of its first use, along with the 'Can I use your dictaphone' -'No, use your finger like everyone else' which it was derived from.

Ever thought of joining the Crankies - you'd fit in perfectly.

Ah so you can recognise a joke then..was just checking

All the ones YOU saw, same old trademark me me me - there are some that are not electronic, fact - if you didn't see them or didn't travel on that bit, tough luck.

So now you want me to comment in signs that I didn't see cos they are on a stretch that I wasn't driving on regarding a jam that I wasn't caught up in?

"me me me" I comment on the tens of 1000s of hours lost but it's all "me me me"? You continue to make no sense and to make things up to justify your posts

Rubbish, you say that now but the post was clearly having a go at him.

Regrettably oh failed mind reader the comment about him making it up it was a joke; he's not D@P after all so doesn't as far as I am aware make things up...again you show your lack of comprehension skills.

And you should have considered the route and possible delays more carefully if an elderly lady was travelling, no doubt too preoccupied with your own needs and thoughts to consider anyone else.

Come on..still saying that she wouldn't have a say cos she's 82..I didn't think that you were ageist. Yeh that's right I drove to Manchester and back from Devon in one day to pick her up and bring her down for her annual summer holiday with us cos I was thinking about myself.

What piece of fiction are you going to come up with next? Keep making things up cos without them you have nothing.

My pleasure at you finally being able to construct one (even if most of it was borrowed) knows no bounds. Now go and make the supper for your mother-in-law to make up for that journey you forced her to endure.

The pleasure is all mine as you finally comprehended a joke.

Took her home already..she had a lovely time and can't wait to come back

"Forced?".still showing your ageism I see..we'll add that to you reveling in schadenfreude

Gentlemen, may I suggest pistols at 12 paces. Burslem Park, before the first home game? ;)

Sadly I won't be there as I'll probably be stuck on the M6 for my own wellbeing forcing my mother in law to travel with us (even though she just wants to pop to the Tesco near where she lives) whilst looking at speed signs on the M4 which aren't electronic and seriously telling everyone that Nigel Pearson didn't really manage Leicester City last season;)

Sadly I won't be there as I'll probably be stuck on the M6 for my own wellbeing forcing my mother in law to travel with us (even though she just wants to pop to the Tesco near where she lives) whilst looking at speed signs on the M4 which aren't electronic and seriously telling everyone that Nigel Pearson didn't really manage Leicester City last season;)

And of course you might not have the last word on a thread if you attend a match.

I've been slow here, have to admit it .... I've just realised why you got so grumpy at being stuck in traffic on the M6 is that you couldn't get on here for 18 hours a day......that poor m-I-l must have been terrified seeing you scratching at the car windows and not being able to post your dross for a few hours. :laugh:

Tesco - she's fooled you there, She probably only goes there for some cheap stuff when you are visiting, and normally gets the goodies for herself at Waitrose.:laugh:

Archived