onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

M6 Roadworks

Jacko51

Advert

And of course you might not have the last word on a thread if you attend a match.

Never understood the last word thing..surely only other people can allow someone to have the last word by no longer posting on a thread or closing it..anything else makes no sense.

I've been slow here, have to admit it

No need..your slowness was revealed a long time back

.... I've just realised why you got so grumpy at being stuck in traffic on the M6 is that you couldn't get on here for 18 hours a day......that poor m-I-l must have been terrified seeing you scratching at the car windows and not being able to post your dross for a few hours. :laugh:

Tesco - she's fooled you there, She probably only goes there for some cheap stuff when you are visiting, and normally gets the goodies for herself at Waitrose.:laugh:

Regrettably Hans Christian D@P your failed belated attempts at humour don't make up for the fairy tales that you rely on making up in order to make any points..without them you've got nothing

TTFN

Never understood the last word thing..surely only other people can allow someone to have the last word by no longer posting on a thread or closing it..anything else makes no sense.

That fools no one - you will keep replying as long as I post on here, guaranteed, everyone knows how important it is for you to have the last word - feel free on this thread, Im done with it, so as it is the most important thing for your sad ego, have this one on me.

No need..your slowness was revealed a long time back

Lame beyond belief, even by your own subterranean standards.

Regrettably Hans Christian D@P your failed belated attempts at humour don't make up for the fairy tales that you rely on making up in order to make any points..without them you've got nothing

Repeating your new favourite mantra of 'you've got nothing' just makes you look sillier than ever, go to bed with your gruel now, and dream of traffic jams.

TTFN

That fools no one - you will keep replying as long as I post on here, guaranteed, everyone knows how important it is for you to have the last word - feel free on this thread, Im done with it, so as it is the most important thing for your sad ego, have this one on me.

Happy to oblige

Ah missing the whole point again....I can't choose to have the last word only others can choose to let me, it's a simple concept. And if you think I'll keep replying cos of you posting then it's not me that has the ego problem...I'll reply to anyone I choose when I choose.

Lame beyond belief, even by your own subterranean standards.

The term subterranean is applied when a comment/post is low..not when it's lame; calling a lame comment subterranean makes no sense..what we call a d@pism.

Repeating your new favourite mantra of 'you've got nothing' just makes you look sillier than ever, go to bed with your gruel now, and dream of traffic jams.

"favourite mantra?' I notice you don't deny it..still got nothing

Sweet dreams Hans |Christian

I think the tone and contents of this thread have now detoured from the OP's initial question.

As I've stated before I live near to this problem and indeed use this stretch of road many times daily so I do have a good first hand knowledge of the continuing problems it throws up.

I believe the OP wanted clarification on when work was ever done on the said motorway? As I drive it at all various times of the day I can definitely understand why such a question is posed. there are many, many times, day and night when the cones stand alone, without any involvement of human work being completed. I scratch my head frequently as to what has been achieved daily and wonder how the work days are planned by the contractors. They most certainly are not on piece work rates!

I accept totally that there is a need for safety for the workers(when they are there!) and understand the speed limit imposed throughout the length (and more) of the actual works but I, too ponder how much actual work hours are actively incurred. I make it clear I am not getting at the workers, but as a virtual perpetual user of this length of motorway I have similar thoughts to the OP. Nothing alien in asking when work is done or passing comment on why there are huge, constant man hours seemingly wasted during inactive production but it all adds up to massive frustration to those of us enduring continuous days of long traffic queues and impossible timings of journeys to assist our daily work schedules. Some motorists of course can choose to use the toll road at a cost of £5.50 per car during daytime hours(slightly cheaper at night) but when you may use this road many times a day then that cost becomes very considerable and indeed cost ineffective.

Such is the life of the road user!

Nothing would give me greater pleasure! :laugh:

Who knows you might even see Smurf and Tim playing on the road ;)

Thanks..sorry about replying as I know I'm risking this being the last word. Maybe you could reply so that it isn't? :nailbiting:

Anyways..I won't be on the M6 again for many months but those having to use the relevant stretch regularly have my sympathy.

Thanks..sorry about replying as I know I'm risking this being the last word. Maybe you could reply so that it isn't? :nailbiting:

Anyways..I won't be on the M6 again for many months but those having to use the relevant stretch regularly have my sympathy.

Not attending any matches at Vale 'for many months' then ? We have quite a few exciting new signings you know.

Probably none at all this season. Have any of those signings invented a teleportation device?

Your choice, at least I hope it is - if you are unable to get there for other reasons, then my apologies.

I am looking forward to seeing the new players when I can make it, roadworks or not.

Archived