onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

There's a good argument either way but for me, too much water has gone under the bridge. What people will remember is the slide down the table, not Page getting us up there in the first place. Sad but true. Football fans are very fickle and I think if Smurf cheaps it on the coaching staff (in which I include the manager) then the season tickets won't sell and the pay on the gaters won't show up.

I think the chairman may be about to realise that Championship is a bridge too far for him if he thinks it's been expensive so far.

Just been talking to an Oldham fan in the office about this. I would say more than anything else nowadays that spending good money on the Manager, coaches and scouting network are as important, if not more than spending money on the playing staff. There are good examples all over the leagues in the last few years of teams punching above their financial weight and having success.

Advert

I think we were very lucky gaining a few narrow wins without actually playing well:

Peterborough - Dodgy backpass gifting Williamson a goal

Barnsley - Last minute wonder goal from Marshall

Sheff Utd - Playing against 10 men for 60 minutes

Gillingham - last minute Daniel goal

That's 8 points we might not have got.

Have we seen any progression from Page?

Are we looking more attacking/threatening? No

Are we looking more defensively solid? No

Are we keeping the ball better? No

I can't see any improvement since we took over.

New manager needed this summer in my opinion.

Page has to go and Smurf has to invest in a proper manager to head up Project Port Vale....and they must be able to handpick an assistant and a coach to replace Glover and Grew......just consider the development squad of last season and the development players this season....all were from

Academies and highly rated...many had U18 or U21 caps....most were 21/22/23......epic fail in terms of time and money.....like Adams all of Page/Grew/Glover must go.

Now consider that is two years of the development squad and some 20 players with perhaps another group next season and the excellent current youth team......an experienced modern manager like Uwe Rosler with quality coaching staff could be well on their way to building the foundations of

an exciting young team that could play some good football and grow into a decent Championship side.....the most important investment Smurf can make is the manager and coaching staff.....get the conditions right for the player development and the team and the club can grow.

I think we were very lucky gaining a few narrow wins without actually playing well:

"That's 8 points we might not have got" ???

That's about as useful as saying if blah blah blah against Rochdale and Scunny we might have got another 3 points.

I doubt there are any teams in the league who didn't have some late/lucky wins.....that's football, nothing to do with it being Vale!

RP has been without Tom Pope for several months, and has bought in Iniss and now Collins. It's not RP's fault Iniss got crocked, and as a defender himself I'm sure he knows where the shortcomings are.

You may want to ponder whether we need a new manager or whether we need to revert to the days when the team manager signs the players!!

Page on Radio Stoke last night was a disaster, admitting we let Lines go for financial reasons (great way to attract players that is), then blowing smoke out of Tommy O'Sullivans backside "great player", "best on the training field this week", "offers everything lines can but is cheaper".....

1- Smurf i thought financially according to you we were sound?

2- What kind of message does it send out when we admit "we cant afford to keep a player"? thats both Pope & Lines...

3- If O'Sulliavan is so good, then why oh why is he not given more game time? Surely the point of a loan is to better what you already have?

Page was blowing more spin than Sinnott did....time for the cull to start now for me, manager & players.

page appears full of bulls and talks out of his hearse most of the time,can't forgive the crap over O'Connor's supposedly unable to play close order games, what an ass hole.

Completely agree

Not saying to go for him and if i was not sure if many would agree but i was very surprised at how decent Martin Allens stats are apart from a stint at Cheltenham,his contract ends at the end of the season

WHAT! no thanks would not have that arrogant ***** anywhere near the Vale :mad:

Archived