onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Agreed! What specific manager and players do you suggest?

I have no idea, to know that you would need to know something about football and the people who play it... I dont, never have, never will, never interested enough.. I have watched, over the years, vale being good, bad, indifferent and bladdy shocking... I still go when I can and when I go I hope to be excited, entertained and left with a feeling of wanting to return... in all that time I have never tried to pick a team, or a manager.... criticised a few and praised a few but never tried to say who should be where on matchday.

Advert

If he stays he needs to have word with himself about playing a winning team regardless of our next opponent, drop the existing coaching staff off at the job centre where they belong and be ruthless when it comes to renewing contracts (Adams wasn't and that was his downfall, amongst other things). Has he got that in his locker? Some bold decisions need to be made at the club in the summer and I don't think he's willing to do what it takes. If Willo gets another contract I will despair.

Completely agree. Page's approach seems to be that if we've lost the previous game then make 4 or 5 changes, or alternatively, if we've not lost the previous game then go with the same team, as to quote him "Why risk it?"

The coaching staff issue is well documented on here - they offer nothing and the cosy jobs-for-the-[old]-boys b0ll0cks should have been ended completely when Bratt, Jackson and the other V2001 cronies finally f***ed off.

As for the renewing of contracts, I too think that Page hasn't got the backbone to get rid of those that clearly aren't good enough (possibly influenced by financial reasons from Smurthwaite), and I have the horrible feeling that the likes of Yates, Williamson, Birchall and Dodds will still be here next season.

If so, then expect the recent shocking slump to continue into next season, as the squad will be overloaded with players that are either not yet ready (I see that 5 youth teamers have been offered pro contracts) or are blatantly not good enough to be League 1 regulars.

Completely agree. Page's approach seems to be that if we've lost the previous game then make 4 or 5 changes, or alternatively, if we've not lost the previous game then go with the same team, as to quote him "Why risk it?"

The coaching staff issue is well documented on here - they offer nothing and the cosy jobs-for-the-[old]-boys b0ll0cks should have been ended completely when Bratt, Jackson and the other V2001 cronies finally f***ed off.

As for the renewing of contracts, I too think that Page hasn't got the backbone to get rid of those that clearly aren't good enough (possibly influenced by financial reasons from Smurthwaite), and I have the horrible feeling that the likes of Yates, Williamson, Birchall and Dodds will still be here next season.

If so, then expect the recent shocking slump to continue into next season, as the squad will be overloaded with players that are either not yet ready (I see that 5 youth teamers have been offered pro contracts) or are blatantly not good enough to be League 1 regulars.

I agree with all of that apart from the point about Louis Dodds who I think has earned a new deal.

I think the chairman will be moaning about selling up come Christmas when the team is in deep **** and the crowds are nothing, which I predict if he keeps Page and co. It's absolutely suicidal to keep a manager who has taken only three points out of the last possible 27 and anyone else would have be shipped out long ago. Sadly the bloke who admits to having zilch footballing knowledge, apparently knows better. The mind boggles

I'm not 'Page In' or 'Page Out' currently. I genuinely can't decide whether I think he deserves another year or not to prove himself. Leaning towards him going currently.

If he stays he needs to have word with himself about playing a winning team regardless of our next opponent, drop the existing coaching staff off at the job centre where they belong and be ruthless when it comes to renewing contracts (Adams wasn't and that was his downfall, amongst other things). Has he got that in his locker? Some bold decisions need to be made at the club in the summer and I don't think he's willing to do what it takes. If Willo gets another contract I will despair.

However if we win our last 2 games (unlikely but bear with me) then we'll end up on 57 points, 2 less than we finished last season with when people were overwhelmed with excitement because we'd finished 10th. I expected more at the start of the season, but with the changes that we've made and the questionable squad decisions made by Adams in the summer I don't think that would be too bad.

Regardless of anything, I think he's done a better job than Adams would have done I'm sure of it. We'd have been playing Yeovil for finishing 23rd tomorrow if Adams was still here. Is it good enough to just be better than Adams? I would say no, we need more than that.

my season ticket money is eagerly awaiting the retained list and new signings,if any and based on that will be the decision on whether to renew or not. I'm not sure if he has the gonads to be ruthless enough but we shall see.

According to the Sentinel, Rob page is looking forward to working with Byron Moore next season, that tells me Rob will be our manager next season, thank goodness, now will the half a dozen whingers that want Rob gone, now accept that, and get behind the man, and the club, so we can all take the club forward.

no,no,no,there are several things to be sorted out before page is given the go ahead and what gives you the idea that with page the club will move forward,have you got crystal balls or can you actually see into the future. The jury is still out.

I agree with all of that apart from the point about Louis Dodds who I think has earned a new deal.

I think the chairman will be moaning about selling up come Christmas when the team is in deep **** and the crowds are nothing, which I predict if he keeps Page and co. It's absolutely suicidal to keep a manager who has taken only three points out of the last possible 27 and anyone else would have be shipped out long ago. Sadly the bloke who admits to having zilch footballing knowledge, apparently knows better. The mind boggles

I would implore Smurf to get someone (Rudge) in to advise on the football side of things, even on a part-time basis. I like the vision he's set out. He needs someone to come in and actually put the blueprint down for implementing it.

I would implore Smurf to get someone (Rudge) in to advise on the football side of things, even on a part-time basis. I like the vision he's set out. He needs someone to come in and actually put the blueprint down for implementing it.

True. The idea of him being in charge of recruitment is a worry

I'm not 'Page In' or 'Page Out' currently. I genuinely can't decide whether I think he deserves another year or not to prove himself. Leaning towards him going currently.

However if we win our last 2 games (unlikely but bear with me) then we'll end up on 57 points, 2 less than we finished last season with when people were overwhelmed with excitement because we'd finished 10th. I expected more at the start of the season, but with the changes that we've made and the questionable squad decisions made by Adams in the summer I don't think that would be too bad.

Regardless of anything, I think he's done a better job than Adams would have done I'm sure of it. We'd have been playing Yeovil for finishing 23rd tomorrow if Adams was still here. Is it good enough to just be better than Adams? I would say no, we need more than that.

I completely agree Stu.

How people can get behind a manager who has done so poorly since Christmas is beyond me. He has taken a team who should finish around 8th to 12th into a relegation battle. He us simply not good enough.

We have been poor since Christmas JJJ ,but with an average start we wouldn't be moaning so much.

Rob Page Pl.36 Points 46 Ave points per game 1.27.

Adams Pl 8 Points 5 Ave points per game 0.625.

We've played 44 games, if we had an average of 1.27 points per game then we would now have 56 Points.Two wins would give us only a few less points than last season when people were having orgasms about finishing ninth.(stupers made the point)As they say ,the second season is always more difficult than the first.;)

How people can get behind a manager who has done so poorly since Christmas is beyond me. He has taken a team who should finish around 8th to 12th into a relegation battle. He us simply not good enough.

I agree, he should have been sacked after that third away win on the trot at Coventry in March.

Archived