onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

...... even worse a Vale friend who frequents Tommys pre match said that word in there the other night is that Deano will be made Manager. Did anyone else who was in Tommys hear this and where did it come from?

If this was to happen then I'd seriously question SMURF' and he can kiss goodbye to cheaper police costs.

I'm sick of the sight of Glover - both on the training ground and on a matchday he's stood unfinished Lorne St, hands in coat pockets and then instructing Page what to do -

The negativity in tactics and substitutions smacks of his horrid reign as manager.

If you seek unity SMURF then at least start by not dragging back old haunts to punish us with. Would you hire Bratt as Chief Exec? ... Exactly. **** him off

Advert

If this was to happen then I'd seriously question SMURF' and he can kiss goodbye to cheaper police costs.

I'm sick of the sight of Glover - both on the training ground and on a matchday he's stood unfinished Lorne St, hands in coat pockets and then instructing Page what to do -

The negativity in tactics and substitutions smacks of his horrid reign as manager.

If you seek unity SMURF then at least start by not dragging back old haunts to punish us with. Would you hire Bratt as Chief Exec? ... Exactly. **** him off

I dont think Smurf is that stupid tbh but if Glover or Grew were manager i would be asking for the 3 payments they have already had of me for next seasons season ticket

The name I heard last night on more than one occasion was Noel Blake.

Wasn't Noel Blake a Stoke player in years gone by. Glover and Foyle must go if Page stays and they can take Grew with them.

Why not make Michael Brown first team coach. He has the right attitude and has proved this season that he could move into such a role.

Wasn't Noel Blake a Stoke player in years gone by. Glover and Foyle must go if Page stays and they can take Grew with them.

Why not make Michael Brown first team coach. He has the right attitude and has proved this season that he could move into such a role.

I think Foyle is helping the junior teams out, same as Andy Porter. Don't think he's involved in the 1st team.

Page on Radio Stoke last night was a disaster, admitting we let Lines go for financial reasons (great way to attract players that is), then blowing smoke out of Tommy O'Sullivans backside "great player", "best on the training field this week", "offers everything lines can but is cheaper".....

1- Smurf i thought financially according to you we were sound?

2- What kind of message does it send out when we admit "we cant afford to keep a player"? thats both Pope & Lines...

3- If O'Sulliavan is so good, then why oh why is he not given more game time? Surely the point of a loan is to better what you already have?

Page was blowing more spin than Sinnott did....time for the cull to start now for me, manager & players.

Glover wont be appointed manager, smurf knows the feeling towards him, however as an academy coach he is well thought of & did we previously. He is going back to the academy in at season end.

Glover was a disaster as manager & it was gutting to sit in front of one of my childhood vale Heros & him sit arrogantly alongside Ray Williams & them both say at fans forum "who will come in & do a better job than us with these players?".....well one Micky Adams certainly did.

I keep hearing people say "whose gonna want the job if its not page"? well theres plenty out there....you have to go & find those people just like we did to get Micky!

If we are to go forward I feel we must ask what have the likes of Glover, Grew etc done for the Vale since they stopped playing. I feel the answer is not much with only 1 promotion in 19 years under a manager who is no longer with us.

We must also ask is Page another Eddie Howe who has taken Bournemouth from L2 to the brink of the premiership at the age of 37; the answer to this since his tenure began is no.

We must also factor in what Smurf wants from the club, all the talk of championship football costs a vast amount of money and for all the money Smurf has invested (and I thank him for that) has he or the club got the money for a promotion push that does not leave us in a perilous situation.

Sometimes we have to sit back and reflect at the end of this season I feel it is a time to do so, sometimes it is better to wipe the slate clean and this maybe the time to re-evaluate the back ground staff at Vale Park who have lived on past glories as players for far too long. Do we give Page another season where he brings in his own back room staff, maybe? but our slide from promotion playoff potentials to relegation contenders is massively worrying; I believe there are better young managers out there eager to be given a chance, the shelf life of a football league in not very long these days.

All the above needs to be sorted prior to player purchases to save the mess we were in last pre season, a new manager will want new players or different players that those highlighted. Hopefully after Saturday we are mathematically safe, then its time to act for next season to ensure we have a) the correct manager b) the correct back room staff c) the correct players.

If we are to go forward I feel we must ask what have the likes of Glover, Grew etc done for the Vale since they stopped playing. I feel the answer is not much with only 1 promotion in 19 years under a manager who is no longer with us.

We must also ask is Page another Eddie Howe who has taken Bournemouth from L2 to the brink of the premiership at the age of 37; the answer to this since his tenure began is no.

We must also factor in what Smurf wants from the club, all the talk of championship football costs a vast amount of money and for all the money Smurf has invested (and I thank him for that) has he or the club got the money for a promotion push that does not leave us in a perilous situation.

Sometimes we have to sit back and reflect at the end of this season I feel it is a time to do so, sometimes it is better to wipe the slate clean and this maybe the time to re-evaluate the back ground staff at Vale Park who have lived on past glories as players for far too long. Do we give Page another season where he brings in his own back room staff, maybe? but our slide from promotion playoff potentials to relegation contenders is massively worrying; I believe there are better young managers out there eager to be given a chance, the shelf life of a football league in not very long these days.

All the above needs to be sorted prior to player purchases to save the mess we were in last pre season, a new manager will want new players or different players that those highlighted. Hopefully after Saturday we are mathematically safe, then its time to act for next season to ensure we have a) the correct manager b) the correct back room staff c) the correct players.

There's a good argument either way but for me, too much water has gone under the bridge. What people will remember is the slide down the table, not Page getting us up there in the first place. Sad but true. Football fans are very fickle and I think if Smurf cheaps it on the coaching staff (in which I include the manager) then the season tickets won't sell and the pay on the gaters won't show up.

I think the chairman may be about to realise that Championship is a bridge too far for him if he thinks it's been expensive so far.

Archived