onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Advert

Clueless tactically after the sending off, in smurfs pocket with signings..... go now.

Personally, I want our present manager to stay - I firmly believe both he and the Chairman have learned a lot this season and have plans afoot for next, whichever division (and I think it will be this one) we are in.

We were never going to achieve last seasons heroics with 2nd season syndrome, especially after the upheaval of losing Micky so early in the season, our priority was to maintain our league 1 status and that's still the priority.

Let's give the Chairman and Manager time to clear out in the Summer and bring in the personnel they believe can take us forward.

In my humble opinion of course.

Oh, and in case you ask - No, I wasn't there.

I have always been negative about Page. He was and is part of the problem with Grew and Deano prior to taking over from Adams. However now is not the time to get rid of the terrible three. Smurf should revisit the situation at the end of the season. I would kick all three in to touch then. I suspect Smurf will give Page time up to Christmas. He maybe right to do so I think he would be wrong. The defence has been horrendous for a few years now. The midfield lacks creativity and has done so for a couple of years. Functional at best. The forward line is starting to look powderpuff. We lack pace and bottle for the fight. When I watch my beloved team I am not excited. There is no player which gets the heart racing when they get the ball. Page plays safe, predictable boring football. I have my season ticket for next year because I love the club but the football we are playing I don't love.

If Page is under pressure it will be for the same reason Adams was under pressure earlier in the season and yielded to it - because of the deficiencies and lack of balance within the playing squad.

Where is the backbone of the side? Where are the generals out there on the pitch? Somebody clever once said that as a manager there are basically two types of player, the ones who will keep you in a job and the ones who will get you the sack. We don't have enough of the former and too many of the latter.

Using about 35 players as well as those such as Greenidge, Panayiotou, Deen-Conteh, Andoh who didn't/haven't been involved at all can't help with continuity. Vale just need to get over the line this season, regroup, cut out the dead wood and go again.

Page should be given a pre-season and at least 10 games next season to try and get his ideas across in my opinion, but the club needs to get rid of its scatter gun approach to signing players though and go for a settled squad of around 22 players with a few youngesters waiting in the wing.....

Stokie in talking sense shock!

Not sure it's fair to fire Page, not even sure he has any control over the signings.

He has been here half a season and is new to the job. He will make mistakes and we have to accept that. Fergie did not have the best of starts with United and he had experience behind him. Give the bloke time, I did not want Page, I wanted someone experienced, but we are where we are.

Give the bloke time, If relegation is threatened next year, maybe look then, but give him chance to prove himself.

Not sure it's fair to fire Page, not even sure he has any control over the signings.

He has been here half a season and is new to the job. He will make mistakes and we have to accept that. Fergie did not have the best of starts with United and he had experience behind him. Give the bloke time, I did not want Page, I wanted someone experienced, but we are where we are.

Give the bloke time, If relegation is threatened next year, maybe look then, but give him chance to prove himself.

Nice sentiment but the reality is quite different. We can't afford the luxury of giving a inexperienced manager time to learn on the job. Tactically and formation wise pagey has been out thought to many times already. we need a manager like Gary Johnson who would hit the ground running, have no loyalty to the current backroad staff and can start with a completely clean slate.

Nice sentiment but the reality is quite different. We can't afford the luxury of giving a inexperienced manager time to learn on the job. Tactically and formation wise pagey has been out thought to many times already. we need a manager like Gary Johnson who would hit the ground running, have no loyalty to the current backroad staff and can start with a completely clean slate.

Everybody has loyalty to players, look at Micky who is experienced and far more successful than Johnson but people kept accusing him of having favourites.

For me it's clear it will be Page but I'd be interested in seeing Rosler.

Archived