onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Crawley 3 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

To be fair to Neal he made two good saves after half time and although he does stay on his line I wouldn't blame him for all the goals.

McGivern is no better than the other defenders. He's got two spoons for feet and is too lightweight. True, he made a couple of good interceptions but he's like Bambi on ice. The ONLY good defender we've got is Veseli and he's too good for the Vale. If Page can't see that we need a big strong centre half he should go to specsavers. The defence was garbage in the first part of the season and is back to the same standard tonight. Dreadful stuff. Out-muscled and beaten in the air every time.

Sadly, quite a few were below par tonight and only Dodds played well.

Why does Marshall play in the centre of the pitch and not on the wing? We didn't have ONE effort at goal in the second half. It was dire.

But if we could defend we would have won the game.

Advert

I honestly can't see how he gets in the side. Same with birchall and to some extent pope. I get that yates is a local lad but come on, he gets beaten for headers constantly, is out of position tons and gives the ball away. Would be lucky get in a League 2 side imo

He got in the side because Dicko was injured,who would you have played?

If either side could defend, that game would have finished 0-0.

Inniss has gone back and we've started shipping soft goals left right and centre again. It's not rocket science.

I've been saying the same all season. If we can't get a decent central back (preferably Innis) we're stuffed!

Page has to go now, to let someone else prepare for the clearout. He has been outthought by virtually every visiting manager. We are in deep ****.

If we had Page as manager since start of season, I'd guess we'd be in the play-offs now. When Micky lost those 5/6 however many games consecutively, if we had won 1 or 2 of those, then maybe. Also this team is still majority Micky's signings. Bring on clearout in summer and let Page get his own players in.

Okay Mr.Page, the season is effectively over, please use the rest of the season to try the younger lads, and fringe players, drop the dead wood and plan for next season.....

I was saying that after the game,no harm now giving O'Sullivan,Andoh,Deen-Conteh and Campion a run in the team

The posts about Grew and Glover on here tonight are truly worrying. It's not just that the both of them haven't a clue and that between them they have the worst record of virtually any manager we've ever had since 1876, it's the fact that Page can't see through them. Tonight had Glover's baleful influence written all over it. He should be nowhere near the club after his disastrous spells as manager. As I've said before, nothing good will come of his influence and so it is proving. Doesn't say much for Page's judgement, I'm afraid.

The only good thing about tonights result is.......................................Crewe being back in trouble!

Why is that good news, would we sooner play Crewe next season with a potential 8000 crowd or Crawley with a sub 4000 crowd, and have a 30min trip or a 4 hour trip

But our budget is £300,000 bigger than Swindon's and look where they are?:unsure:

But they also lost to Crawley at home. We could have some higher paid senior players, whereas their players are younger.They may make better use of the loan market, and at lower costs. But £300k is not a massive difference, no where near Bristol`s £16M deficit,

Poor performance against a poor team with Dodds the only one coming out with any credit and even he disappeared second half. The full backs were particularly bad with Dickinson doing his reputation a power of good because McGivern was shocking.

The problem with the clear out theory is that we are never going to offer enough wages to overhaul the team overnight. It has to be evolution rather than revolution. Two or three players out, two or three in. I honestly believe we are a better team than last year and overall we are on the right path. People have short memories. It was only a few years ago where we were staring the conference in the face and would have been delighted with 13th in League One.

I was saying that after the game,no harm now giving O'Sullivan,Andoh,Deen-Conteh and Campion a run in the team

just got back in, dodds ,marshall,veseli,ok, the rest well off colour would be the kindest way of describing the game, terrible defending gave them two goals.If we fluked promotion we'd only do a derby and drop like a stone,crawley were no great shakes but they saw the openings and took them,by the way the bycars is so-so in the grey seats ,can't say if the shuffle made any difference.

Archived