onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager

cheshirevaliant

Advert

I think this 17 games this year crap comes from the fact that out of 31 games (93 available points) in 2014, we have only got 30 points by winning only 8 of those games. Over a season, that equates to around 44 points - absolute certain relegation. Think you'll also find that of the 17 games lost, they are all league games and do not include either Cardiff or Brighton.

Why dont we throw some more pointless statistics about, 41% win ratio , the best we have had of any of our managers and still people wanted him gone.

Would love us to just move away from ex vale players personally. We wouldnt even be looking at Aspin if he hadnt played for us

I understand people's reservations about tarnishing more ex-legends. But his record speaks for itself and it's only natural that clubs will gravitate towards individuals where there are strong former links. And, heck, who knows - he might well end up enhancing his status, not trashing it. Early days, I appreciate, but it's not working out too badly for Psycho at Forest so far.

Why dont we throw some more pointless statistics about, 41% win ratio , the best we have had of any of our managers and still people wanted him gone.

How many of those were in the bottom division, though?

That's not taking away what he accomplished, but had he spent a couple more seasons in League One that ratio might look a heck of a lot different, especially if the last 6-10 months is anything to go by.

I understand people's reservations about tarnishing more ex-legends. But his record speaks for itself and it's only natural that clubs will gravitate towards individuals where there are strong former links. And, heck, who knows - he might well end up enhancing his status, not trashing it. Early days, I appreciate, but it's not working out too badly for Psycho at Forest so far.

I'd much, much prefer Aspin over Page, that much I do know.

For me O'Driscoll or McDermott would be excellent choices, though whether we can afford them (I'm sure they would be happy to listen) is a different matter altogether.

Liking the idea of O'Driscoll becoming manager Cheshire Cat?:yes: Isn't he something like 12s or 14/1 with Sky Bet at the moment? A young and hungry manager like Gary Rowett would be good aswell. Somebody who will come in with fresh ideas and plans. Get rid of the old guard like Glover and Grew etc, as they are part of the problem and currently lurking in the background like a bad smell.

Alan Curbishley has been mooted aswell, though would he be out of our bracket?

Big Ron Atkinson though, the outside bet at 50/1?!:ohmy:

I'm sure O'Driscoll took a job with the FA the other day? Could be wrong though

By the same token, we have never won at Burton. If we want a "modern, young manager" that many are crying out for, then not many will have promotions under their belts. Those who have are unlikely to be interested in a League 1 relegation scrap.

We need a harsh disciplinarian to replace micky the softy someone who turns valepark into a boot camp most of this squad r rsoles who need sorting big time

I don't agree that because Page has worked under Adams it will be like for like. Ultimately team selection and tactics were down to Adams. Page will have his own ideas. Everyone is banging on about Rowett and yes he seems like a good choice but before he got the managers job at Burton he was assistant to Peschisolido who ended up being sacked after a poor run. Likewise Eddie Howe was assistant to Jimmy Quinn before taking over at Bournemouth. The only way that young managers will get a chance is by managers losing their jobs but it doesn't automatically mean they will continue with previous managers failings

Really good post and I hadn't thought of it like it.

You seem deliberately to be ignoring the fact that Adams HIMSELF said he felt he had gone as far as he could so he RESIGNED,you also seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that he nearly walked in the summer, so the fans have NOT got rid he went of his own accord.

Let us not forget that John Rudge was assistant to John McGrath before McGrath left and Rudge took over. We need a young manager with ambition who is not afraid to make a mistake and who is given time to develop the club from top to bottom. I suggest a minimum of five years. I agree that the old guard must go but it may be necessary to retain some of them in the transitional period.

We need a harsh disciplinarian to replace micky the softy someone who turns valepark into a boot camp most of this squad r rsoles who need sorting big time

Bootcamp? I'd rather we had somebody who concentrated on teaching the players to pass the ball to each other, rather than another Adams clone who values "fitness and hard work" above footballing ability.

You seem deliberately to be ignoring the fact that Adams HIMSELF said he felt he had gone as far as he could so he RESIGNED,you also seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that he nearly walked in the summer, so the fans have NOT got rid he went of his own accord.

Did you miss the fans abusing him last season and this season then? The polls on here and phone calls to praise and grumble. I dont think he walked out on his own accord.

Archived