onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager

cheshirevaliant

I initially thought "no" to Aspin, as good as his record is, I didn't want to sully the name of another ex-player. However, reading the Halifax forum has changed all of that for me.

They genuinely worship him, highlighting his man management and attractive football (even going as far as to suggest that they tell us he plays hoofball to put us off). He's got a genuine record of achievement and would certainly sort out our defensive issues. It's ridiculous to say no just because he's an ex-player, he's an individual not Dean Glover mark II.

Aspo as a choice interests me. Aspo with Rudgie backing him up genuinely excites me.

Advert

Did you miss the fans abusing him last season and this season then? The polls on here and phone calls to praise and grumble. I dont think he walked out on his own accord.

He did make reference to the majority of the fans being fantastic, sadly every club has a few that are not and don't recognise contribution. Equally they are entitled to their opinion, as much as the majority will disagree.

Bootcamp? I'd rather we had somebody who concentrated on teaching the players to pass the ball to each other, rather than another Adams clone who values "fitness and hard work" above footballing ability.

thats an adams myth to cover hisand tthere ***** fit. yur avin a laugh my granny is fitter. Hard work we are second bottom wat drugs r u on

I'd be happy with Page personally! I really don't get why people are assuming he will be the same as Adams and employ the same tactics. As an assistant Page would of had to do what Adams wanted, I doubt he had much impact on tactics and team selection. As a manager I'm sure he will have different ideas to Micky Adams. Let's not judge him as Micky Adams ay.

thats an adams myth to cover hisand tthere ***** fit. yur avin a laugh my granny is fitter. Hard work we are second bottom wat drugs r u on

Anybody else fancy Fatboy and Skinty as a managerial comedy double act! Leek Town derbies in 3 seasons with a commercial department bringing in fantasy millions to rival a Sunday morning pub team and a team morale lower than a snakes belly after being treated like convicts in a concentration camp? :rolleyes:

He did make reference to the majority of the fans being fantastic' date=' sadly every club has a few that are not and don't recognise contribution. Equally they are entitled to their opinion, as much as the majority will disagree.[/quote']

You and I have not been to a single match this season as we live in Oz, the only thing we can go off is what people tell us, the commentary on the radio at stupid o'clock, and more importantly the results. I managed a few matches last season and I genuinely thought we were still in League 2 it was that bad. Yes he got us promoted, but he lost the plot changed the formation and tactics for no reason. Played players out of position for no reason, constantly went crying to the media when things didn't go our way and more importantly he led us to our worse form for over 6 years. So please take your tongue out of his backside, he is now history which now means Port Vale FC have the chance at an exciting future.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;

Just a thought,

There is not a lot of point discussing this. We already have the new manager, its Robert Page.

And, like it or not, we all know it as well!!

It is until the end of October according to the press conference. I think we might be screwed

A Page Grew combination really worries me. As with Foyle and Glover this is no time for a first management job, Page needs to prove himself at a lower level. People say he is a excellent coach but where is the evidence of this?

I would love to see Neil Aspin given the job he would have run through walls for this club in the past , doing an excellent job at Halifax and deserves the chance more so than Page.

You and I have not been to a single match this season as we live in Oz, the only thing we can go off is what people tell us, the commentary on the radio at stupid o'clock, and more importantly the results. I managed a few matches last season and I genuinely thought we were still in League 2 it was that bad. Yes he got us promoted, but he lost the plot changed the formation and tactics for no reason. Played players out of position for no reason, constantly went crying to the media when things didn't go our way and more importantly he led us to our worse form for over 6 years. So please take your tongue out of his backside, he is now history which now means Port Vale FC have the chance at an exciting future

Do you not watch the games, there's more than one way to do that?

I went to most games home and away last season and was more than satisfied with where we finished, our best placing for 10 years and yet more year on year improvement. Football, like it our lump it, is ultimately about results ;)

I like the majority of others am exceptionally grateful to Micky for the superb strides he has made with the club and his achievements, bettered only in my and most fans life time by Rudgie.

The first thing we need to do is to clear out the old guard - Page, Grew and Glover. Then we need a new manager with a new management team and, after a great deal of refection, that would be Aspin for me. Reading the Halifax fans' site is a salutary business - they genuinely worship the guy for the constant success he has brought them, his man management skills and his ability to spot a player (for example, Vardy and Gregory). Does that remind you of anyone? We can't compare Aspin with any of the other former players we've had as managers because none of them had the record of consistent success that Aspin has had. I've only watched Halifax once recently, against Cambridge in the Conference play-offs and, though they came off second best, they didn't play hoofball.

He's clearly destined for greater things. If we don't get him, someone else will and we will live to regret it. Strike now, Smurf, while the iron is hot.

Archived