onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager

cheshirevaliant

Advert

I'm a big fan of O'Driscoll's work, especially at clubs like Bournemouth and Doncaster (decent bench marks for us) where he put good things in place and played some decent football.

Completely agree. I've mentioned O'Driscoll before in recent times when the prospect of Adams moving on has cropped up. He'd definitely still be my choice now. Someone mentioned that he was poor at Forest - jeez, he was only given 5 months and had them 1 point outside the play-offs when he was sacked (just hours after they'd beaten Leeds 4-2 in a Boxing Day game). As for him being appointed England under-19 coach only 2 weeks ago, surely he'd give that up for the chance of another League job.

McDermott would also be an excellent, if more unlikely, choice.

Really don't want Aspin - as a few others have said, if he wasn't an ex-Vale player nobody would give him a mention.

As for Page, he's failed miserably, along with Adams, to get any sort of competent performances out of the current squad of defenders. In fact, we've been poor defensively for pretty much the whole of Adams' second spell in charge, and Page has been on the coaching staff for the vast majority of that time.

I dont know if any of these are available but i would like to add some names that have not been mentioned tonight:

Giuseppe Sannino

Dave Jones

Paul Dickov

Owen Coyle

Simon Grayson

Gus Poyet These may be pie in the sky but worth a shot anyway. :blink::wacko::cards:

Grayson is at Preston so no chance, Poyet is at Sunderland! I hardly think he would want to swap premiership for lg1! Dickov I don't rate and the fact we beat his Donny side should say all we need on that one! Coyle & Jones seem to have gone off the boil a bit to me would prefer to see a fresher face!

I want us to get back into the championship and one of Adams' great strengths was that he was a renowned name in the football world who could

pull in better players than the Vale name alone could attract.

No player is going to want to play for Neil Aspin except some non league chancer who is all we got under Sinnott.

All of these low league managers work in lower leagues for a reason. I don't think we are a club who should be taking gambles.

Gary Megson would be ideal as he is proven at a higher level and would probably work for similar money that Adams was on.

I'd also personally like Paul Ince because I like his character and he will be hurting after the Blackpool job. Plus I feel our current lot of players need a kick up the backside.

I don't feel a young, unproven manager will ever work at Vale, because they do always make mistakes and we do not have the money to put them right.

That's a good post, and a lot of good points there. I've had this feeling for a year now that Aspin is the man to come and save us.

However, it would be a terrible shame if he didn't work out, and the fans turned against him. He'd lose his good stature,being one of the

best defenders we have ever had. Why do I have this strong gut feeling that he would do really well though? Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Other than that, I wouldn't want Rob Page, no disrespect to the man. Gary Rowett , Sean O'Driscoll, Paul Ince , although I can't stand him, and his disciplinary record is very poor as a player and manager. It's hard to say at the moment .

Source Sky Sports News (hope link works)

http://www.skybet.com/football/manager-specials?aff=9713&dcmp=ss_betlink_fulhambosstab

Next Permanent Port Vale Manager

Robert Page 11/8

Neil Aspin 4/1

James Beattie 8/1

Keith Curle 10/1

Colin Calderwood 12/1

Paul Cox 12/1

Sean O'Driscoll 14/1

Dean Glover 14/1

Gary Waddock 14/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

Martin Foyle 16/1

Nicky Butt 16/1

Mark Venus 20/1

Neil McDonald 20/1

Kevin Blackwell 20/1

Nick Barmby 20/1

Ron Atkinson 50/1

what a load of also rans, half of those are hoof ball addicts thats why they're out of work.

From The Guardian...

The Blackpool Gazette printed 10,000 Paul Ince masks for Blackpool's game against Wigan Athletic so fans could "show their support" as he began his five-match ban from setting foot in the stadium on match days.

Ince has done a fine job, but the idea should have been scrapped as soon as the Football Association released its full written findings into his disciplinary hearing and a picture emerged that would fit snugly into one of those police documentaries about what happens when testosterone mixes with stupidity at chucking-out time on the Golden Mile.

It is an enlightening read, starting off with Ince being sent from the dugout in a match at Bournemouth, having accidentally struck a spectator when he threw a water bottle in frustration. After waiting for the referee in the tunnel and demanding to see the fourth official, Mark Pottage – "Where's your busy F***er of a fourth?" – various witnesses recount him "violently" shoving Pottage in the chest, two-handed, into a wall. As stewards bundled him away, his "eyes were bulging" and he could be repeatedly heard shouting: "I'll knock you F***ing out, you c***." All this, by the way, after Blackpool had actually won 2-1 and were top of the Championship.

Apologies for the swearing, by the way. It is this newspaper's policy not to use asterisks and hopefully that doesn't offend the man himself. Ince, you see, told the hearing "everyone who knows me will vouch the c-word is a word I do not use nor accept being used by any of my players, staff or friends". Even better, Ince said he "felt intimidated" when he saw Pottage approaching. Alex Rae, his assistant, pointed out that Pottage was "6ft 2in or 3in tall". Ince, he said, was "shocked and intimidated".

Unfortunately for Ince, there is not a referee, linesman or fourth official out there with previous when it comes to bashing up managers. Ince, on the other hand, has now had six disciplinary cases in four years and, if this was Sunday league, he would probably be banned sine die.

No public apology from Blackpool though, just a tribute from the local newspaper and a statement from the club that they "acknowledge" the ban and will try to make sure it "does not affect our short- or long-term objectives". That's the spirit.

And people thought Micky could be *****ly! No thanks, 'guvnor'.

Archived