onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket push?

smithie

It really does feel like some people wait for even a half-chance to have a go at someone or other at the Vale!

How could they have promoted this before the latest additions had actually signed? The ink on the contracts is still wet for heaven's sake.

If they don't do something within the next week or so then I agree it's a bad show.....but give them a flaming chance!!

To be fair to him they went on sale on the 1st July, there has hardly been a fan-fare launch for the first week of sales.

Advert

Well with the way our squad is shaping up it is the stayaways that will be the ones to miss out. I can see there being some good games down VP this season especially when the squad is complete with three or four more additions.

If only we did have another 1000 ST's it could really bolster us for the months ahead. UTV.

Yes things have to be put out into the public domain and marketed properly .

Its no.good only a 100 folk knowing about the ten game offer ,u watch the games u want .

The only time we got things out properly via ,media ,facebook,potteries shopping centre ,and any other way was v,Burton and look at the numbers who turned up that night .

Get it in everywhere possible plus another few,signings wouldnt go amiss

That is my point too mate. Smithie earlier obviously misconstrued my post. I am not moaning, just, like everyone else passing an opinion that Vale could sell themselves so much better and any chance to push sales has to be looked at, even within days of a new player signing so advantage can be taken to promote what is going on. To those of us on here and maybe twitter , yes we get to see/hear things, BUT the vast majority of people we want to get into Vale Park don't do forums or twitter so every other facility is needed to push news to them. agree with many that Vale's marketing system is archaic and Norm ought to really look seriously into this and get Vale out there in the public domain, much better than we currently are.

Well with the way our squad is shaping up it is the stayaways that will be the ones to miss out. I can see there being some good games down VP this season especially when the squad is complete with three or four more additions.

If only we did have another 1000 ST's it could really bolster us for the months ahead. UTV.

I wont be buying a season ticket and I wont be a stayaway either. Not everyone wants to commit to a season ticket no matter how much discount the club offers because I cant guarantee I can get to every match as much as I would love to be there.!!

Why we have to keep having this is beyond me and before anyone says I know season tickets are linked to playing budgets etc, etc. Do we remember a few seasons ago we sent out leaflets that were pushed through peoples letterboxes with "micky needs you" on them. I wonder how many people this bought in I would imagine not many. everyone in my street got one but I don't remember them clambering to get to Vale Park that weekend.

People are fickle, they have been a few times and the game they came to we probably threw away a two goal lead and ending up losing 2-3 they shrug there shoulders at the end of the match and say to themselves well I came ten years ago and not much has changed..!! Couldn't even get a pie or a cup of tea at half time either as they had run out.

Most will think it is too expensive to attend matches (other than nearly everyone who is on here wondering why the population of Stoke on Trent don't want to come and watch Port Vale) and we are time hungry too with so many other distractions of modern living.

Sorry guys but I love Port Vale as much as anyone else but we are not a perfect club oozing money and so we have to be realistic in our expectations, things have moved on and we live in a poor area that the government has neglected for so long. back in the heyday we had good employment with the pots, pits and steelworks etc these have disappeared along with loads who would have been buying ST's. How have these been replaced? Cause I don't see it. We also happen to have a premier league club in this poor city of ours that is also a factor, sad as that is.!!

Build the team and they will come, but only if they are in the know. Towards the end of the month by when most of the new players have arrived, is the time fpr a big sales drive on all media.

It would help sales if the ticket-office was actually open! I finally got chance to pop up yesterday and renew my ST, but it was shut at 2pm. Had a browse around the empty shop and the girl had no idea when the new kit would be available - something's never change!

On 25th June he said "In the next week or so the home shirt will be available at the club shop and an announcement will be made about the away shirt for next season."

(link).

The week passed on Wednesday so I guess we're in the 'or so' for now.

On 25th June he said "In the next week or so the home shirt will be available at the club shop and an announcement will be made about the away shirt for next season."

(link).

The week passed on Wednesday so I guess we're in the 'or so' for now.

Why are Errea dealing with Alchemy Investments, I thought that was Paul Wildes company?

Wonder when the publicity guys will wake up and get the 10 game ticket advertised and start pushing it. Could have got the new players to advertise the tickets. Get them holding one (or a mock up) and have them saying "Come and see us play at Vale Park". Gets the players into the news for the fans to see who they are and gets the tickets advertised.

Just an idea.

Oh yes, I forgot that is Smurf's job as well.

Wonder when the publicity guys will wake up and get the 10 game ticket advertised and start pushing it. Could have got the new players to advertise the tickets. Get them holding one (or a mock up) and have them saying "Come and see us play at Vale Park". Gets the players into the news for the fans to see who they are and gets the tickets advertised.

Just an idea.

Oh yes, I forgot that is Smurf's job as well.

Be careful, smithie will criticise you and suggest you are being negative!!!!

Why are Errea dealing with Alchemy Investments, I thought that was Paul Wildes company?

I was wondering about that myself.

My mate went to the ticket office the other week and a delivery came from Errea addressed to Alchemy Investments. It confused the girl at the club shop who nearly refused it and sent it back with the lorry driver.

Putting aside the "Lifergate" story, there has been plenty of positive action at the Vale this week.

The new signings offer the prospect of a very attacking side, and if the new wingers are any good we could be in for another exciting season.

It would be great to see the club now push the sale of both full and part-season tickets on the back of these new additions.

It should be possible to link the new signings and season-ticket angle both online and in the local press.

This good news may just be the nudge some people need to shell out!!

Dream on Those who havnt bought in at discount time aint buying full stop.

Wake up and smell the coffee the price is to high is the main reason and sum of us aint prepared to max out credit cards on buy now pay never purchases.

On the radio this morning that Sjoke have sold 22,000 STs.

I know, I know, it's for a Prem side but it gives the lie to the idea that there's no money around.

The problem is the product. Get that right and the sales will follow.

Archived