onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket push?

smithie

On the radio this morning that Sjoke have sold 22,000 STs.

I know, I know, it's for a Prem side but it gives the lie to the idea that there's no money around.

The problem is the product. Get that right and the sales will follow.

If you look at price its just as important ask Sainsburies,Asda,tesco,Morrisons why they are loosing customers in droves to Aldi on a weekly basis to the extent that at least one of em is close to going t i t s up .

In football terms the product on show is worlds apart ref Vale and Stoke,but i bet if u did a straw pole on Stokes season ticket sales to see how many have been purchased on sum form of credit it wud be eyewatering.

Advert

If you look at price its just as important ask Sainsburies,Asda,tesco,Morrisons why they are loosing customers in droves to Aldi on a weekly basis to the extent that at least one of em is close to going t i t s up .

In football terms the product on show is worlds apart ref Vale and Stoke,but i bet if u did a straw pole on Stokes season ticket sales to see how many have been purchased on sum form of credit it wud be eyewatering.

It doesn't matter whether credit is used or not, the fact is that some people are prepared to put their or Wonga's hard earned into buying a ST.

The difference is, at Stoke they're guaranteed to see good football (irrespective of whether or not it's Stoke playing it :) ) while at Vale they only want to watch Vale playing it. That's why we've got to have a good product - or at least the promise of one - before people will commit to a Vale ST, unless you're one of the diehards who'll watch them anyway.

For the record, I was one of the 138 who bought their ST in April. And it was using credit.

A £40 saving for ten games is a cracking saving.

If people don't want to go or can't afford to that's down to them but I'm surprised anyone is knocking what is another great offer.

Two issues for me is that it hasnt been marketed with ENOUGH incentive.

Secondly, it was only two or three seasons ago when you could get in for just under 20 quid anyway.

We have 13000 empty seats most weeks. I really would have liked to see more ideas to fill those seats.

I stated it before and will again, indoubt we will sell 100 of these 10 game tickets. In the whole scheme of things supporters will prefer to find 22 quid out of their weekly salary instead of using almost a whole weekly pay at once. The incentive to buy the ten game ticket is not good enough in my opinion.

It doesn't matter whether credit is used or not, the fact is that some people are prepared to put their or Wonga's hard earned into buying a ST.

To tempt people to part with their hard earned the club needs to vastly improve on promoting,marketing offer's.The commercial department,PR department are almost non existent.

To tempt people to part with their hard earned the club needs to vastly improve on promoting,marketing offer's.The commercial department,PR department are almost non existent.

I agree Melv but the issue the club has is that there are very few outlets to promote season tickets or any other venture. Unless you have a hefty budget. Radio Stoke is "free" to a certain degree and so is The sentinel if mentioned in a story but the cost of advertising on commercial radio and press adverts, bill boards etc. is very expensive for the actual coverage you are guaranteed. The best form of marketing for Vale would be to use there current/lapsed customer base to generate business. Bring a friend offers with a discount for the person and the friend for example are very effective tools.

Dream on Those who havnt bought in at discount time aint buying full stop.

Wake up and smell the coffee the price is to high is the main reason and sum of us aint prepared to max out credit cards on buy now pay never purchases.

I'm not "dreaming" and as for that tiresome phrase about coffee....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was some off-the-cuff enthusiasm about the positive signings and the hope that it may trigger some more sales.

I think the roads into North Staffs should have signs saying "Welcome to The Potteries - home of negativity & pessimism".

The whole concept of season tickets has changed. Years ago you bought your season ticket to ensure you got to see the big games both home and away in games when the supply of match tickets were limited. However in recent seasons that incentive has gone.

Today the main reason for buying a season ticket is financial, to save money. The discounts were not so great in the past and today the difference in pay on the day prices and season ticket prices is too great.

I can understand the reason for these price differences between the discount prices and pay on the day rates but this is not good for the football clubs business and ultimately results in the reduced attendance of matches.

Bring a friend offers with a discount for the person and the friend for example are very effective tools.

That's a fantastical idea, we should call it Bring a Mate to increase the Gate! I really should have copywrited that :)

It has to be something that benefits the ST holder, the casual fan and the club and could be offered on a sliding scale too,

The other thing they need to look at is ancillary spends linked to the club shop and wider business community which will generate higher levels of revenue for the club and local businesses and in the process enable the ST holder to offset the cost of their tickets. There are so many viable options out there which would be easy to implement.

Archived