onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Press Conference?

Yukon

There are just so many inconsistencies in what Micky Adams has said that I can't get my head round it all.

He says he had a good relationship with Paul Wildes. He says he was looking forward to developing the club with Wildes. He says he knew where they were going and what they were doing. He says he is yet to talk to the new Chairman in any depth. So I can only assume that the "bottom six budget" he has been given was agreed with Wildes and not Smurthwaite - he appears to confirm this.

Smurthwaite has said that nothing will change - he said it publicly on Monday night. He said he is prepared to underwrite any losses during the season. He said he wants to offer Micky Adams a new contract - he said it on Monday night publicly when Micky Adams' PR lady was in the room. Then on Tuesday Adams said "If the new chairman doesn't want to offer me on (a new contract), I won't spit my dummy out. If Norman doesn't feel I'm part of his long-term plans, that's ok. But I've got to protect my family."

Adams spent the last three months of the season moaning because some of the fans had said nasty things to him at one or two games. He complained on more than one occasion about negativity surrounding the club. Yet now, when promotion is won, the season tickets are selling well and we have a chairman prepared to put his hand in his pocket to help the club out, Adams gets a huge bucket of negativity and dumps it all over the place. What on earth was he hoping to achieve? His comments won't sell a single season ticket.

Can't imagine Gary Johnson saying similar things before the start of this season.

Advert

I can see why Adams is frustrated by things personally. He's the type of person who likes to deal with things in house and rightly so. So when the Smurf comes out and hints at things that have gone on behind the scenes for example 'the Bristol Rovers incident' and something that was said about Vincent regarding him rejecting a contract, it's going to annoy Adams a little. I will back both Adams and our new chairman but I think Norman has a lot to learn, after all running a football club is new to him. I like him so don't go thinking I'm out to get him, I just think he needs to state the business side of things rather than hinting at personal things that have gone on between him, Adams and the players.

Dont think NS will change two strong minded characters interesting times ahead

I would say.

I can see why Adams is frustrated by things personally. He's the type of person who likes to deal with things in house and rightly so. So when the Smurf comes out and hints at things that have gone on behind the scenes for example 'the Bristol Rovers incident' and something that was said about Vincent regarding him rejecting a contract, it's going to annoy Adams a little. I will back both Adams and our new chairman but I think Norman has a lot to learn, after all running a football club is new to him. I like him so don't go thinking I'm out to get him, I just think he needs to state the business side of things rather than hinting at personal things that have gone on between him, Adams and the players.

Yea i agree, i think Smurf will have to be a bit more wary about what he says too. The incident when he said he had to be restrained & held back (twice) from confronting the fans springs to mind. Now, if he can't handle the fact that fans are going to, on occasions, show their dissatisfaction towards the players/manger when things aren't going to well, then he's going to have a major problem i think. Unfortunately this is of course part & parcel of the game, saying that them fans should go & watch Stoke instead won't do himself any favours. This is not a go at Smurf, merely an observation from Monday night.

For anyone to tell us fans to go and watch Stoke when we are the ones who have been hear and followed this club all our lives, long before they came hear and also after they have long gone is bang out of order.

I can understand what he's trying to say on that principle if you look at the point he was making but what I'm trying to get at is a chairmen in my opinion, should be reserved with such comments and act professionally. He will start to annoy fans such as yourself as well as Adams if he keeps coming out with rash comments.

For anyone to tell us fans to go and watch Stoke when we are the ones who have been here and followed this club all our lives, long before they came here and will also still be here long after they have gone is bang out of order.

In the context he was on about I agreed with him

For anyone to tell us fans to go and watch Stoke when we are the ones who have been here and followed this club all our lives, long before they came here and will also still be here long after they have gone is bang out of order.

When he brought this up ,it was directed at '30-40'abusive fans at Torquay and was defending Adams in the process.

he bluddy well did :laugh:

well flip me.:razz:

who would want to part with their season ticket, looking forward to the new season sitting in the comparative comfort of the railway stand not surrounded by rif raf like i was in the lorne street,:rolleyes:

There are just so many inconsistencies in what Micky Adams has said that I can't get my head round it all.

He says he had a good relationship with Paul Wildes. He says he was looking forward to developing the club with Wildes. He says he knew where they were going and what they were doing. He says he is yet to talk to the new Chairman in any depth. So I can only assume that the "bottom six budget" he has been given was agreed with Wildes and not Smurthwaite - he appears to confirm this.

Smurthwaite has said that nothing will change - he said it publicly on Monday night. He said he is prepared to underwrite any losses during the season. He said he wants to offer Micky Adams a new contract - he said it on Monday night publicly when Micky Adams' PR lady was in the room. Then on Tuesday Adams said "If the new chairman doesn't want to offer me on (a new contract), I won't spit my dummy out. If Norman doesn't feel I'm part of his long-term plans, that's ok. But I've got to protect my family."

Adams spent the last three months of the season moaning because some of the fans had said nasty things to him at one or two games. He complained on more than one occasion about negativity surrounding the club. Yet now, when promotion is won, the season tickets are selling well and we have a chairman prepared to put his hand in his pocket to help the club out, Adams gets a huge bucket of negativity and dumps it all over the place. What on earth was he hoping to achieve? His comments won't sell a single season ticket.

:clap:

Maybe Jean, just maybe - remembering of course, that I walk upside down 'Downunder - dealing with 'the organ grinder' is a different proposition altogether (no disrespect to PW).

Hmm, interesting comment, but I can guarantee many will disagree.

MA has, on several occasions, been more than a little hasty to let his feelings be known 'out of house' with the most aggressive verbal being his public outburst in calling one of our players a 'coward'.

I think this is all a gross overreaction. We know what Micky's like- if he waxed lyrical about the fabulous budget etc, he's just setting himself up for a fall. The fans have been critical of him- fact and whether you consider this justified or not is entirely a matter of personal opinion but if he banged on about the finances at his disposal and we don't have a good start the fans would be baying for his blood.

I admit, he could have gone about it better though. With Wildes going, what everyone needed was a positive word of reassurance and a display of solidarity- not a massive whinge! To quote Abraham Lincoln "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

We all know he is a grumpy little Yorkshire terrier but he's steered our ship well so far. Let's not take the opportunity to rip into him at every opportunity, mainly for solidarity reasons but also because he does it so often it gets boring!

I think this is all a gross overreaction. We know what Micky's like- if he waxed lyrical about the fabulous budget etc, he's just setting himself up for a fall. The fans have been critical of him- fact and whether you consider this justified or not is entirely a matter of personal opinion but if he banged on about the finances at his disposal and we don't have a good start the fans would be baying for his blood.

I admit, he could have gone about it better though. With Wildes going, what everyone needed was a positive word of reassurance and a display of solidarity- not a massive whinge! To quote Abraham Lincoln "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

We all know he is a grumpy little Yorkshire terrier but he's steered our ship well so far. Let's not take the opportunity to rip into him at every opportunity, mainly for solidarity reasons but also because he does it so often it gets boring!

Good post!

We are all Valiants and now really need to back the Club, irrespective of who is in charge.

Time for all this negativity surrounding Adams poor communication skills to be put to rest. Don't we all want success for Vale? If so let's get on with supporting the Team and Owner to better times. Doesn't matter who is Boss as long as us fans are happy with the performances on the pitch.

Todays Sentinel, MA speaking again but more positive. But in one breath he is saying " L1 is a big step up", a few more breaths and it is " not a great difference between the two leagues". Maybe both are true, we will be playing Wolves instead of Barnet, but not every week.

Archived