onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Press Conference?

Yukon

Advert

I thought Adams did excellently well to get Vale up last season although at times it was frustrating in the extreme. That doesnt mean I dont think he's an ****.

I have worked with and for people I think are *****, bought books by people I think are ***** (Jeffreys Archer and Kent spring to mind) and bought and watched music by *****. So why should football be any different?

"I'll sign if the contract is right for me".Wonder if he thinks he's going to get a pay cut?:DHysteria about him signing a new contract ? Why should Micky be hysterical ?:unsure:Quote NS on Monday,Micky is on very good money( Thanks to Bratt) but if he is offered something from a bigger club he won't stand in his way,Quite right by the way.Micky needs to grow up,finally we have someone running the club who will kick his harse if he doesn't IMO." Typical Port Vale" quote MA.Nice one Mr PR.Roll on the relegation battle next season.How are the queues at the ticket office? Anyone?

Above 8000 we will make a profit.[/QU

8000 average? dream on. On the subject of Micky Mardyarse, he needs to be told to keep his gob shut and concentrate on the job he is paid very well to do.

Just a quote by Norman, I know it is a long time since we had gates like that. Micky tends to ramble on, it is quite easy to make up any sort of report to suit an agenda based on what he has said. I only judge him on results on the field.

There are just so many inconsistencies in what Micky Adams has said that I can't get my head round it all.

He says he had a good relationship with Paul Wildes. He says he was looking forward to developing the club with Wildes. He says he knew where they were going and what they were doing. He says he is yet to talk to the new Chairman in any depth. So I can only assume that the "bottom six budget" he has been given was agreed with Wildes and not Smurthwaite - he appears to confirm this.

Smurthwaite has said that nothing will change - he said it publicly on Monday night. He said he is prepared to underwrite any losses during the season. He said he wants to offer Micky Adams a new contract - he said it on Monday night publicly when Micky Adams' PR lady was in the room. Then on Tuesday Adams said "If the new chairman doesn't want to offer me on (a new contract), I won't spit my dummy out. If Norman doesn't feel I'm part of his long-term plans, that's ok. But I've got to protect my family."

Adams spent the last three months of the season moaning because some of the fans had said nasty things to him at one or two games. He complained on more than one occasion about negativity surrounding the club. Yet now, when promotion is won, the season tickets are selling well and we have a chairman prepared to put his hand in his pocket to help the club out, Adams gets a huge bucket of negativity and dumps it all over the place. What on earth was he hoping to achieve? His comments won't sell a single season ticket.

Absolutely spot on with that post Jean and you echo my thoughts 100%. After all he's said I really have no idea what he's thinking! I think we should send him your post and ask him to explain :yes:

I don't think Adams had been dealing with Smurf on a daily basis since the take over, confirmed by Smurf on Monday. Adams says he had an excellent relationship with Wildes (despite their little spat) & knew what direction the club was heading & was happy. Wildes confirms the same.

Now all of a sudden Wildes has gone & Adams has to sit down with Smurf & hear his plans, build up another relationship with him & start again. Not only that, but it sounds like he wasn't to happy about Smurf telling people all about the Wildes/Adams spat that they had, hence "i don't need people to speak on my behalf", which is understandable i suppose.

I don't really know what to think about it all at the moment if truth be known. I was happy how things were panning out with Wildes in charge, but obviously Smurf caught the bug, changed his mind about being a silent partner & a power struggle then ensued, which ultimately resulted in Wildes leaving.

I guess only time will tell if it was a good or bad thing though, regardless, i'll still be watching the Vale, nothing's changed there.

I don't think Adams had been dealing with Smurf on a daily basis since the take over, confirmed by Smurf on Monday. Adams says he had an excellent relationship with Wildes (despite their little spat) & knew what direction the club was heading & was happy. Wildes confirms the same.

Now all of a sudden Wildes has gone & Adams has to sit down with Smurf & hear his plans, build up another relationship with him & start again. Not only that, but it sounds like he wasn't to happy about Smurf telling people all about the Wildes/Adams spat that they had, hence "i don't need people to speak on my behalf", which is understandable i suppose.

I don't really know what to think about it all at the moment if truth be known. I was happy how things were panning out with Wildes in charge, but obviously Smurf caught the bug, changed his mind about being a silent partner & a power struggle then ensued, which ultimately resulted in Wildes leaving.

I guess only time will tell if it was a good or bad thing though, regardless, i'll still be watching the Vale, nothing's changed there.

MA dealt with Wildes for several months, Norman has only taken over for a few days, with probably lots to sign and sort out. He has said MA was key to his buying Vale, was has MA to worry about? Judge events after a month, I expect everything to be sorted by then.

His choice of words as an employee were quite shocking.

He could have said "We have a great budget, it will not match the top teams, but we will give it a good go"

Great, dampens agents and gives optimism to fans. Perhaps we need a PR person, or do we prefer straight from the horse`s mouth?

Again there appears to be too many jumping down the throats of anything that is said or professed to be said. We all need to calm down and let Norman get on with running his Club. He will set his budget, he will set a wage for any manager or player. He will let those around him know exactly where the direction of the Club is going.

True, at the moment there "appears" to be some conflicts in what one is saying against the other but we have to recognise press reports and assumptions are NOT fact. Until such time that the Club issue a factual, full statement after Adams and Norman have sat down together and had all the necessary chats they need then we all need to take a chill pill and let Vale get on with it.

Any Valiant will tell you what they want for their Club but at the end of the day we all have to carry on with what is decided behind closed doors. All us armchair pretend owners/management have a job to play in Vale's future and that is to support the mighty Club, not to go over again and again what he or they may or may not have said.

The owner and Manager will get it right, they too want success and a happy ship to work with. Here's to a Healthy, Happy Division 1 campaign.

I can see why Adams is frustrated by things personally. He's the type of person who likes to deal with things in house and rightly so. So when the Smurf comes out and hints at things that have gone on behind the scenes for example 'the Bristol Rovers incident' and something that was said about Vincent regarding him rejecting a contract, it's going to annoy Adams a little. I will back both Adams and our new chairman but I think Norman has a lot to learn, after all running a football club is new to him. I like him so don't go thinking I'm out to get him, I just think he needs to state the business side of things rather than hinting at personal things that have gone on between him, Adams and the players.

Archived