onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Are you conveniently ignoring the season he scored 14 goals for Cambridge in league 2 because it doesn't fit your dialogue? 🙂

No. I’m telling you what I see with my own eyes. The bloke is utter garbage. That’s not dialogue. That’s a fact that people really should see with their own eyes.

• Like 6

Advert

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Yes Uche has never been prolific but he's played most of his career in League 1 or the Championship so plenty of qualified people in the game have seen fit to employ him. It would be interesting to know how many goals his strike partners & attacking midfielders have scored when playing alongside him. Don't get me wrong I would expect us to sign at least 2 strikers who know where the back of the net is but I think there is room for Uche in a squad of 4/5 strikers. There will be games/opposition that will suit his style. It would depend for me on whether we would be able to offload Loft as there probably isn't room for both of them. 

In his last two home games he’s managed to not connect with a header from one yard out, make a passback to the keeper from the edge of the box and hit the roof of the Hamil.

League 1, league 2 or Sunday morning level, he ain’t gonna be scoring goals.

Just because he’s got a catchy song doesn’t make him good enough. Fans need to realise he’s a waste of a wage and if he gets a contract then we are bang in trouble from the get go.

I never ever want to see him wear the shirt again. 

Edited by Spunk Trumpet
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

As good a player as Gibbo is if you judge it on amount of games I think the decision not to resign him was correct. Last few seasons:

23/24: 26 appearances across Rovers and Cambridge (although possibly not low for fitness reasons as not 1st choice at rovers

22/23: 32 appearances Rovers

21/22: 28 vale

20/21: 12 vale

19/20: 35 vale

18/19: 19 vale

So basically missing somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 games each season.

If we didn't have that emotional connection to him and he was a random player, we'd all think it was a gamble if we signed him again. Completely get the point of signing players with the same mentality though.

I want him to change the culture but form what I know appearances were restricted due to manager rather than injuries.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s still far more top tier  games than the non league names we are being linked to. 

I won’t argue about Uche being poor but the guy was linked with Charlton and a return to Wycombe in Jan.

Added to that, I hear little of us signing anyone better, aside from non league and 4th tier “legends” 

Ben Garretty hasn't done so badly from non league .. they're out there if you look hard enough 

Edited by Splodger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Are you conveniently ignoring the season he scored 14 goals for Cambridge in league 2 because it doesn't fit your dialogue? 🙂

But 7 of his 13 league goals were against crap teams.  How do I know they were crap?  Because they've since been relegated to non league.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, valerule4ever said:

That side wouldn’t get close to top 7 for me, there is no pace or width in midfield, no proven goal scorer, no tacking ball winning midfielder, no height in defence and not enough proven leaders/winners.

As well as some quality coming in we really need some pace in the side,we have lacked that for a while now apart from the odd loan player

Pace, wingers, full backs (not wing backs), strikers, central defenders, not too old, not too young, cheap, better than what we have, played in L1 but happy to play in L2, don’t down tools, leader, able to make the step up if we go back up, strong, sell on possible, NOW

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Barrow have Dom Telford and Cole Stockton. 

We have Ryan Loft and Uche Ikpeazu.

Barrow have missed out on the league two playoffs.

Stockton got 7 in 12. Telford only 4. 
But two seasons ago, Telford got 25 in league 2 at the age of 28. Stockton got 23 in league 1 at the age of 28.

Uche will be 30 in February and hasn’t hit a barn door in his career. 
It won’t start now. 
It won’t start in August. 
It won’t start in August 2025. 
He’s garbage. 

I don’t want my strikers to do a “job”. I want them to score or contribute to goals. 
He can’t do either. 
It’s as simple as that. 

If available on loan again I would certainly take Stockton who seems to of found his mojo again at Barrow,I would take him over an untested young u23 right now

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MBE said:

I want him to change the culture but form what I know appearances were restricted due to manager rather than injuries.

I think that's only largely true this season at Rovers. He was out quite a bit last season.

3 hours ago, MBE said:

My priority signing would be Gibbo. Make him captain and get some full blooded commitment and nastiness in our team to start the culture change.

Also I'd be looking at winger Jack Nolan only 22. The goal involvement king (17 goals 8 assists) of L2 last season and is out of contract.

Both with a view to playing predominantly 4231/442/343 next season.

Gibbo did nothing for me v Cambridge,although he could of been under orders or just going through the motions,so I am unsure on him.

I think we can all come up with names of strikers who have scored this season BUT it's whether any of those are of interest to those in charge of recruiting...... as a club lets please forget we will only sign them if they are the saintly of saints

• Like 1

4 hours ago, valefan16 said:

He did yes, scored a stunner v Sheff United too. He scored 5 or 6 in a short spell and was outstanding with Andoh. Recall us battering Doncaster and one of their lads tried to rugby tackle him and he just dragged him along the ground as he kept running! He got sent off against Burton for diving and that seemed to be that with him at Vale.

There is a player there but he looks unfit, arguably the best he looked was once he picked fitness up against Charlton then he got injured the next game.

He certainly looked a prospect beyond us during that loan spell, as did Andoh.  Only Moore will know how fit he could be after his shoulder set-back. A fair few weeks of turmoil ahead of us as the options are shuffled.

3 hours ago, grand prix pants said:

Anyone else settle for half way?

Absolutely not. We were settling for half way this season and look what happened. We should be aiming for top 3, with top 7 as an absolute minimum. 

If the club have them same attitude as the fans happy with half way then I won't be buying a season ticket. I'm not supporting abject failure for 3 seasons on the trot.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Absolutely not. We were settling for half way this season and look what happened. We should be aiming for top 3, with top 7 as an absolute minimum. 

If the club have them same attitude as the fans happy with half way then I won't be buying a season ticket. I'm not supporting abject failure for 3 seasons on the trot.

Agree, I think play offs have to be the very minimum aim, especially with how weak the league looks this coming season.

• Like 4