onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

13 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

And the vast majority of them will be out of our reach for numerous reasons. I'm no fan of Uche. I wouldn't care less if both him and Loft were on the move as long as they are replaced. But out of the two, I think he has a bit more of the nuisance factor than Loft. If we were a League Two club and we signed Ikpeazu I think most would be saying what a great signing it is.

if they've seen him play they wouldn't think its a great signing.

• Like 1

Advert

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’d always be more interested in the stuff they leave out of these videos to be blunt and I know what I’ve seen this season.  All the young lads are the same in that regard, and that’s not me being negative, it’s a simple fact of life, they’re not physically mature enough to be expected to hold their own for 90 minutes, or whatever, week in week out.

For the lads we manage to retain, it’ll be interesting to see how they fair next season, coming back a bit older and wiser after a break to re-charge in the summer.

GR, You can't deny there are some robust challenges that DiPepa rides and/or holds off, equally there are some challenges that "Flatten" him.

Just saying DiPepa's stock is high at the moment so if the right offer came in for him Vale could use the money to sign players to get us back to Lge 1 quickly.

18 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Lets sign Matt Smith and Michael Smith to go along with Nathan Smith........ Bowers and Sproson would have a breakdown on a Saturday afternoon 🙂

At least Sproson should be able to pronounce that one

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

GR, You can't deny there are some robust challenges that DiPepa rides and/or holds off, equally there are some challenges that "Flatten" him.

Just saying DiPepa's stock is high at the moment so if the right offer came in for him Vale could use the money to sign players to get us back to Lge 1 quickly.

Remember big transfer fees can be paid in instalments.

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Remember big transfer fees can be paid in instalments.

Of course they can Fossse, see my original post. But Vale just negotiate a deal which best suits them, a/few million up front plus clauses/add-ons etc I doubt would deter a Prem Lge club, especially one a big Man U.

It's written in Newspapers but whether it's true is another matter, that Jim Ratcliffe the new "Boss" at Man U wants to sign the best young English talent so you never know.

2 hours ago, Valiiant said:

And the vast majority of them will be out of our reach for numerous reasons. I'm no fan of Uche. I wouldn't care less if both him and Loft were on the move as long as they are replaced. But out of the two, I think he has a bit more of the nuisance factor than Loft. If we were a League Two club and we signed Ikpeazu I think most would be saying what a great signing it is.

Not on the back of seeing him last season they wouldn’t. I was happy when he signed, but some of the misses were beyond bad. We shouldn’t be signing a striker up with 1 assist and 1 goal. He will be on very decent money as well. Get rid whilst we can and start a fresh. 

• Like 2

Loved this afternoon first day at the gym and Spa for a good 9 years apart from one night awayers 

New beginnings .

Enjoy your summers and don't get too wound above about who moore retains can hardly just get rid of players in contract can he .

It'd the players he brings in what will make the difference for example would Mcphee being as good without Brooker would Pope being as good without Williamson, would Cross be as good without Foyle .

So just Enjoy your summers ITS OVER thank goodness for that 

No more online often for me a life to be lived .

I'd have forgiven them come kick off time whenever that is 

Take care VTID VFIA and all the hardcore who love the Vale 

I do and always will .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 5

I cant believe some really do think that those still here at the moment are the ones we start with in August,i will state now that a fair few will be leaving.
As someone else said if Uche has an option of another year(thanks to DF) then we have to go the right way about it. I am hoping some of these talks include with Garrity to extend his contract by another 2yrs
No one will take the crap ones. So I assume you're thinking our few decent players will be off?

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Not on the back of seeing him last season they wouldn’t. I was happy when he signed, but some of the misses were beyond bad. We shouldn’t be signing a striker up with 1 assist and 1 goal. He will be on very decent money as well. Get rid whilst we can and start a fresh. 

If he doesn't have much interest I'm sure he would agree to a lesser wage, if not given much of a choice. I believe with better service both him and Loft would be able to score some goals in League Two. The difference in quality between the two leagues, other than a handful of poor teams in League One, is massive. Again, I'm not saying I personally want to keep either in an ideal world.  But Ikpeazu is a target man and there were times last season when others around him were better because of his presence. Surely with a decent pre-season behind him and in hopefully a more creative side he would be capable of being a 10 goal a season target man.

Edited by Valiiant

As of right now, without again coming or goings, this would surely be at least a play-off chasing side in League Two.

Ripley

Clark

Debrah

Smith

Iacovitti

Wynne

Ojo

Garrity

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Dipepa

It's a big if, but if we can keep Chislett, Garrity and Ojo I don't think there would be many better players in League Two. Add a goal-scorer to that side and a decent centre-back and you're laughing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

35 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

As of right now, without again coming or goings, this would surely be at least a play-off chasing side in League Two.

Ripley

Clark

Debrah

Smith

Iacovitti

Wynne

Ojo

Garrity

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Dipepa

It's a big if, but if we can keep Chislett, Garrity and Ojo I don't think there would be many better players in League Two. Add a goal-scorer to that side and a decent centre-back and you're laughing.

No characters in there for me. What makes us think they’re going to show fight and togetherness in the shirt next season when those players didn’t do it this season? Need some additions with balls and character. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Ripley

Clark

Debrah

Smith

Iacovitti

Wynne

Ojo

Garrity

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Dipepa

I don’t think so. 

• Like 4