onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Because there’s a set figure that academy graduates can go for based on their years with us (I think). 

I think you’re right on that for any like say Shorrock or Walters. Baylee is different though as we signed him to pro terms during the season.

• Like 3

Advert

18 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I think you’re right on that for any like say Shorrock or Walters. Baylee is different though as we signed him to pro terms during the season.

I’d forgotten that he’d signed a pro deal. I thought even then that the rules still applied to some degree based on if they were an academy graduate and were  under a certain age. Someone needs to do some research. 

Edited by PV1973

21 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Far from it, I swapped ends this season and quite enjoyed that, plus I’ve started parting my hair on the opposite side.  I know what you’re thinking.  Anarchist.

I know mate just musing away to see how we can move forward , some things are achievable so thing as are down right off the wall and plain silly , think a new ground is somewhere in between the two .

1 hour ago, Alan Vit said:

Not meaning to be negative, but I just don’t see the cost-benefit of your proposal.

£30 million upwards to build the new stadium.

£10 million upwards to convert the ground to include training pitches and to build a new hotel as part of the complex.

The only new revenue stream this produces is the hotel, and Vale are located in a  town in which long-standing hotels already struggle to make any profit.

Not negative at all a structured arrangement why it out of reach think you 

55 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Why not? He's young, strong and holds off and runs at defenders, oodles of skill, has pace and eye for goal, already scored 3 goals and 1 assist for Vale and goals as an u17 International.

Considering the lardies paid 24million quid for Imbula, 16m for Ndiaye, a 7 figure fee for such an exciting player with massive potential such as Baylee is a bargain. PVFC should up it to 8 figures.

Not seen him holding off many defenders thus far, but he’s still a kid.  His other attributes are pretty clear to see.  Primarily he appears to have an eye for goal and a bit of composure.

28 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not seen him holding off many defenders thus far, but he’s still a kid.  His other attributes are pretty clear to see.  Primarily he appears to have an eye for goal and a bit of composure.

Look at some of these highlights GR, the defenders aren't exactly waving him through.  Impressive I'd say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xwg_e2ffI&ab_channel=JMProductionsHD

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Uche proved on Saturday what an utter donkey he is with that header.

makes sense to offer a new contract to your 1 goal a season striker that is blowing out of his arse by the 60th minute.

only this club can do that 

Correct, just imagine if that actually was a live game and we needed to win to stay up and he did that miss. It still baffles me how he got the ball to end up where it did

His fitness is also something that personally I find infuriating that a professional footballer can barely last 60 minutes.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Uche proved on Saturday what an utter donkey he is with that header.

makes sense to offer a new contract to your 1 goal a season striker that is blowing out of his arse by the 60th minute.

only this club can do that 

Things are bad if we are offering a new contract to uche,he did absolutely nothing last season, just goes to prove they don't see what the supporters see on a match day honestly i fear for our club,it's like they are trying to cover a gaping wound with a used bandage.🤔

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mellor! said:

With Leutwiler leaving could Moore link back up with David Stockdale? Just left York. Experienced head who probably wouldn't mind playing back up to Ripley.

That could work, a player/coach.  Leutwiler must be fed up with not getting game time and being able to show what he can do to other teams.

The retained list was a good chance to get rid of some of the players who have not shown any spirit - but no not the Vale - another mistake which I hope does not bite them when we go down next season with keeping them.  Same silly mistakes, not tackling players, not marking runners and just no fight in them. 

Just hope that DM and Co have a plan for better players and they are demoted to squad water bottle carriers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Correct, just imagine if that actually was a live game and we needed to win to stay up and he did that miss. It still baffles me how he got the ball to end up where it did

His fitness is also something that personally I find infuriating that a professional footballer can barely last 60 minutes.

The header Uche missed was unmissable, even Lofty would have scored. It was so bad a section of our fans started singing that's why we are going down. Unfortunately a strike force of Uche and Loft does not score goals, they have a proven history. Dropping down a league will not alter this. If DM cannot see this then promotion is a pipedream and that trap door into non league oblivion is gappening wide open.

• Like 4