onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

As a club, they must see that they have to make significant changes to this squad. Not just the obvious: bring in better players BUT also to improve the mental resilience of the team/squad as a whole.

Carol will have to get the cheque book out and get some gone. Otherwise, we're might be in the sh1t3.

• Like 1

Advert

27 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Uche is a completely unique player who has spent the last few years playing 30+ games a season in the Championship. He’ll never be prolific but he offers a physical profile we simply won’t find anywhere else.

He's not quite unique their have been similar players. Akinfenwe was largely similar,  slightly less mobile but if you got the ball into his body nobody could take it off him. Uche has been dreadful infront of goal for us but still averages 1 : 6 across his career. Akinfenwe was closer to 1 : 4. I could imagine systems where he would be useful and he has scored 14 goals in a season at league 2 level. I'd have let him go but Moore must (hopefully  🤔) have a plan for next season. Bottom line is he needs to bring in and keep players who can execute his plan. 

15 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Ended up 3rd choice at notts 🤣 get Aaron Davies in as back up I say. 

He won’t be backup mate. Too young with no experience in men’s football. Expect to see a development keeper from lower league but with experience.

13 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

They actually said structurally sound for the next 10 years due to some treatment on the steel .  We don’t know what the cost is of a new stadium v replacement of railway paddock /stand/bycars /drain replacement verses a new stadium ,it would be an intriguing comparison and it not an old nugget except to old fans 

If you think a new stadium would cost anywhere near the cost of the outstanding jobs on the stadium I suggest you look what some of the newer league grounds actually cost.  It’s an old nugget irrespective of age.

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

He won’t be backup mate. Too young with no experience in men’s football. Expect to see a development keeper from lower league but with experience.

Understandable pal 👍🏻 

54 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I just wonder whether Moore thinks that Uche might be a point of difference as a 4th choice striker?

If he was a top earner in league 1 it’s highly likely he will be our highest earning striker in league 2. He won’t be fourth choice. 

56 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Uche is a completely unique player who has spent the last few years playing 30+ games a season in the Championship. He’ll never be prolific but he offers a physical profile we simply won’t find anywhere else.

I dunno - a scaffolder has left a big plank of wood at the back of my house for months now.

The plank offers a similar physical profile, but is far cheaper, much more mobile and would score more!

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If you think a new stadium would cost anywhere near the cost of the outstanding jobs on the stadium I suggest you look what some of the newer league grounds actually cost.  It’s an old nugget irrespective of age.

You just don’t like change 

5 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

We can find out reasonably accurately what would be the cost of a new stadium -

"Posh are aiming to build a 17,000 capacity stadium on the city's Embankment by 2023. The new facility is expected to cost £30-£50m."

"After being in construction for almost three years, Brentford Community Stadium was officially opened on 1 September 2020. The stadium, which has been built at a cost of just over £70million"

"AFC Wimbledon – Plough Lane
Wimbledon made a return to the Plough Lane after the new stadium was officially opened on 3 November 2020. This new stadium, which cost just over £30 million, is built just a few hundred yards from the site where the original Plough Lane, which was the original home of Wimbledon FC for more than 80 years, stood. The construction on the new stadium started in 2015. It has a capacity of just over 9,000."

So anything from £30 million upwards.

Which would have to be funded in its entirety, since I believe there is some sort of legal / council planning restriction which means Vale Park can only ever be used for sports activities, so could not be redeveloped as houses for instance to offset the cost of a new stadium.

In my view a new stadium is a complete non-starter.

The necessary renovations to bring Vale Park up to scratch would cost a small fraction of that amount.

Plus Vale Park is our home.

You only have to look at the south of the city to see what happens when a club sells its soul, gets rid of a historic stadium steeped in atmosphere and moves to a sterile Meccano-built box.

My thought was build the stadium on training ground switch the  ground  to a training area with hotel, . Takes a lot of cash  but so will the refurbished vale park .

Would like to see a manager show some common sense and use Uche properly.

Gareth Ainsworth used him properly when he got 6 goals in 33 in the Championship with Wycombe, playing well enough for Middlesborough to shell out £750,000 on him.

4-2-3-1. Uche as the focal point. 3 L1 level creators behind him. Golden boot winner 2024/25.

3 hours ago, Vtid said:

Not sure about bowman he’s 32 now although knows the lower leagues well. Can’t be any worse than what we’ve got. 1 in 5 striker throughout his career whereas Uche is 1 in 6 & Loft 1 in 8. Maybe nab Nevitt from Crewe? Had a decent season for them in that league. Think we were rumoured to be after him a couple of seasons ago weren’t we? He’s 1 in 4 for goals return in his career & a good age 

Nevitt is a really odd one for Crewe.

0 goals in 21 games last season.

18 goals in 48 games this season.

Maybe there is hope for Loft yet?

• Haha 1

If Vale are gonna get promoted to Lge 2 next season money is required to sign at least 6 Lge 1 quality players who will play 35+ games and form the backbone of the team. These players would add to the likes of Funso, Garrity, Chislett, Ripley, Sang, Clark, Smith, Grant and Plant all who would perform well in Lge 2 IMHO.  possibly also Lacovitti and Jesse

One way to get the money is to cash in on Baylee DiPepa or some of the other youngsters. Man U plus others are rumored to be interested in Baylee, his stock is high now so a move to such a club for a 7 figure fee plus clauses and "add ons" would be in Baylee's and Vale's best interests.

Vale could then be in the market for such players as Clarke-Harris etc, I'm not saying he would sign for the Vale but money talks and it's that calibre of player in their respective positions that we need.

16 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Nevitt is a really odd one for Crewe.

0 goals in 21 games last season.

18 goals in 48 games this season.

Maybe there is hope for Loft yet?

Some players can have a great season then be mediocre the next. Suppose that’s lower league standards for ya, but when you look at both careers Nevitt is a 1 in 4 striker Loft 1 in 8. Id take Elliot Nevitt myself but it’s all opinions. I’m sure there’s some on here saying they wouldn’t touch him. 

4 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

If Vale are gonna get promoted to Lge 2 next season money is required to sign at least 6 Lge 1 quality players who will play 35+ games and form the backbone of the team. These players would add to the likes of Funso, Garrity, Chislett, Ripley, Sang, Clark, Smith, Grant and Plant all who would perform well in Lge 2 IMHO.  possibly also Lacovitti and Jesse

One way to get the money is to cash in on Baylee DiPepa or some of the other youngsters. Man U plus others are rumored to be interested in Baylee, his stock is high now so a move to such a club for a 7 figure fee plus clauses and "add ons" would be in Baylee's and Vale's best interests.

Vale could then be in the market for such players as Clarke-Harris etc, I'm not saying he would sign for the Vale but money talks and it's that calibre of player in their respective positions that we need.

There’s no way we’re getting 7 figures for Baylee.