onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

28 minutes ago, blackdog said:

You can blame Flitcroft for that..................

I’m not talking about the under contract players, something will be sorted with some of them at some point but to speak to the biggest unfit donkey to ever pull on a professional football shirt is scandalous 

Advert

Looking at the retained list definitely some good in there but also some bad. If we want to get out of league 2 we just need good players. We also need some good players on the bench. Gonna need a decent window. Not sure if Darren can do it on his own.

Some good talent. Chislet, garrity, all the youngsters, ojo if he feels like it

I think some of the players that were <ovf censored> in league 1 could perform in league 2. 

we need wingers/wingbacks, 2 good strikers, a solid centre back to help smith at the back.

I think we have a good midfield

Garrity,Chislet, ojo, Sang and grant if you play them in position. Sang and grant would probably be your 70 min subs. Maybe 20 min if Sang comes on for ojo when he doesn't feel like it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Only thing I’d say is if you’re releasing Wilson (which fair enough I have no qualms with) on what possible grounds is there to offer Uche one? How much more evidence is required he is not a striker or even a footballer??

Just that shocking missed header alone on Saturday should have had Moore immediately Googling the numbers of taxi and removal firms to send to Ikpeazu!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yeah that shouldn’t be a concern at this point. When DC released everyone before his first full season of memory serves me correct it was only a few days after that Theo Robinson  and Scott Burgess were transfer listed so wouldn’t read much into that at this point other than they’re currently under contract.

Yes exactly this. The easiest thing to do to make room for funds is to get rid of those out of contract (like DC did). Unfortunately we don’t have many players out of contract, I’m sure some of them will be moved on in good time though. 

• Like 1

Couple of players who are left field 

Charlie Lakin .... out of contract at Burton but had a fantastic spell at Sutton and scored goals from midfield 

Zach Robinson ... released by Wimbledon but done well in 3 loans at Dundee, only 20 I think

Think it's safe to say that by seeing fit to offer Uche a renewal, DM has not filled me full of confidence as to his recruitment plans. If he signs, that will be a striker who scored one goal last season, and a left back who was brought in by DM but didn't play in favour of a 16yo.

• Like 3

We really do have some absolute brain dead morons as fans, particularly on social media. Saying things like 'so we're going with the same squad? That's me not getting a season ticket '. Clearly this list is as it stands today, with the possible exception of keeping Uche as a 4th striker. Negotiations will be going on behind the scenes to offload some of the contracted players or come to a settlement to offload those who have no real future. We'll also obviously bring in fresh faces. So that list will change a lot by the time August comes around. Some people really do lack critical thinking skills.

I'm actually quite upbeat. We didn't get blown away too many times by the best sides in league 1. Narrow defeat to Portsmouth, Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley and Derby at home, plus draws with Lincoln, Stevenage and a win at Oxford. There are halves of football where we've looked quite good. We just had a very soft underbelly, some players with a lack of real effort and a very poor forward line. 4 or 5 decent signings in the right places could make us into a competitive team at a lower level. This is a significant step down in terms of standard, as shown when we've played league 2 teams this season. People are rightly fearful that we're going to be rubbish again, but this is a level lower, where poor league 1 players will look better. Get rid of a few of the losers, bring in a couple of leaders and concentrate the bulk of the budget on 2 decent strikers and all of a sudden things look more positive.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

think we have a good midfield

Garrity,Chislet, ojo, Sang and grant if you play them in position. Sang and grant would probably be your 70 min subs. Maybe 20 min if Sang comes on for ojo when he doesn't feel like it

We do not have a good midfield, Garrity and Chislett scored 18 league goals, which is fine. But they do not create enough. Keep them yes if they want to, but they are not good enough to unlock defences on their own. 

If we play wide players, forward thinking, rather than relying on our "wingbacks" who cannot defend/attack, both or either atm. Then we may have a central midfield somewhere, if you put Walters in.

But we not have anyone like a Morsy (Ojo 🙂 ). 

We need to be on the front foot and play a system with players to entertain. Easier said than done, but if we are to rebuild, look at the way Ipswich have applied it. Yes more money but they create chances rather than worrying about the opposition.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Think it's safe to say that by seeing fit to offer Uche a renewal, DM has not filled me full of confidence as to his recruitment plans. If he signs, that will be a striker who scored one goal last season, and a left back who was brought in by DM but didn't play in favour of a 16yo.

The statement doesn’t say the club is offering him a renewal. It says they are in conversation with him. That could mean offering him a much reduced salary to be fourth striker for all we know. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ginginator said:

We do not have a good midfield, Garrity and Chislett scored 18 league goals, which is fine. But they do not create enough. Keep them yes if they want to, but they are not good enough to unlock defences on their own. 

If we play wide players, forward thinking, rather than relying on our "wingbacks" who cannot defend/attack, both or either atm. Then we may have a central midfield somewhere, if you put Walters in.

But we not have anyone like a Morsy (Ojo 🙂 ). 

We need to be on the front foot and play a system with players to entertain. Easier said than done, but if we are to rebuild, look at the way Ipswich have applied it. Yes more money but they create chances rather than worrying about the opposition.

I really hope we don’t stick with the wing back system as our permanent way of playing. 

• Like 4