onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

7 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Exactly Vale Park as much as I love it is a milestone around the clubs development on pitch 

we have structural issues around the railway , family stand , the bycars is knackered and lorne street is half finished , throw in to that the drainage issues . I believe all those issues will cost more to fix than building a new stadium of 12k seats . Just my thoughts are I don’t think their is any thought of this in Carols world 

I thought the club stated fairly recently that the Railway Stand is sound.  The Family Stand is simply a location for the scoreboard these days so no worries there.  The Bycars is fine and we don’t actually need the extra seats that the Lorne Street could provide.  Beyond any of this, there’s no way fixing the “issues” will cost more than building a new stadium so let’s put that old nugget to bed, unless of course there’s some funding from outside the club that nobody is aware of.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 3

Advert

27 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I thought the club stated fairly recently that the Railway Stand is sound.  The Family Stand is simply a location for the scoreboard these days so no worries there.  The Bycars is fine and we don’t actually need the extra seats that the Lorne Street could provide.  Beyond any of this, there’s no way fixing the “issues” will cost more than building a new stadium so let’s put that old nugget to bed, unless of course there’s some funding from outside the club that nobody is aware of.

I think the forum coming up is important in clarifying broadly what the club is going to do next. The core support of the club is obvious from the seasons in L1. For me the club needs to park stuff that can be parked that is not related to the development of the team now / in future and concentrate financially on a return to L1 straight away. I always appreciate that I don't have a proper insight on the finances nor what the owners want to invest. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

How many times have you watched him play?

All the games against us when he played for Exeter in L2 do at least 6 times plus the matches in a Shrewsbury shirt past 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

Believe what you want, but 'I understand' is speculative journalism or statement and not actual fact emoji106.png just saying. UTV emoji123.png

“I understand” in this instance means “Someone at the club told me, but off the record, so I can’t just plainly say that it’s factual”.

Mike Baggaley has a good reputation going back decades in journalism, and isn’t going to risk it by making up things.

• Like 3

“I understand” in this instance means “Someone at the club told me, but off the record, so I can’t just plainly say that it’s factual”.
Mike Baggaley has a good reputation going back decades in journalism, and isn’t going to risk it by making up things.
4th lowest league 1, 7th highest league 2 for this season So both are possibly right lol so there we have it! choose whichever one you want.

7 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Not one I’m particularly advocating for (though I did like him) but Jake Taylor attracting interest from Notts and Walsall with his Morecambe contract now up.

No thanks had enough crocks recently 

11 hours ago, SalfordValiant said:

Ryan Bowman has been let go by Shrewsbury, he'd be someone I'd be looking at.

I initially thought this too, but he’s 33 in November and last two seasons has had a poor record. Hard to tell without seeing him play but maybe his legs have gone? And I’d imagine he wouldn’t come for peanuts. 

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

I initially thought this too, but he’s 33 in November and last two seasons has had a poor record. Hard to tell without seeing him play but maybe his legs have gone? And I’d imagine he wouldn’t come for peanuts. 

He had a heart problem recently.

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

They actually said structurally sound for the next 10 years due to some treatment on the steel .  We don’t know what the cost is of a new stadium v replacement of railway paddock /stand/bycars /drain replacement verses a new stadium ,it would be an intriguing comparison and it not an old nugget except to old fans 

37 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

He played at 3pm on the pitch on his own, but could only manage 0-0 draw!

Yes, but he was unlucky not to score with that one on none that he put just wide of the post 🙈🙈🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/04/2024 at 20:37, Phil500 said:

Watched him closely from the Railway Stand in the second half against Exeter. Time after time he was on his own against two men. People were screaming at him to get closer to the winger, but that just meant the midfielder with the ball could pick his pass at leisure. Seeing as no one ever did help couldn’t work out who was supposed to.

Exactly, he is consistently targeted by opposition managers.  This however is partly the fault of our system which is set up for a team which dominates possession in the oppositions half.  However, it does not easily allow players to cover for each other when defending, which has been the majority of our play this season.  When you have 3 centre-backs basically marking one or even no central strikers it is bound to leave gaps that runners from midfield and full-backs can exploit to create an extra man in wide areas.  Sang is perhaps unlucky to be playing in this position, but he is no full-back, and it seems that word got around League 1 coaches that piling men forward on the left was the simplest way to break Vale down defensively.

4 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

They actually said structurally sound for the next 10 years due to some treatment on the steel .  We don’t know what the cost is of a new stadium v replacement of railway paddock /stand/bycars /drain replacement verses a new stadium ,it would be an intriguing comparison and it not an old nugget except to old fans 

Northern Ireland paid for a whole new stand when their old stand at Windsor park was deemed structurally dangerous, through insurance money. Surely Vale Park’s stands are suitably covered?