onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not looking at a promotion push next season, just that we have a product on the pitch that makes you want to attend games. It is the lack of effort more than defeats for myself that really gets to me. I think getting rid of the 10 game ticket was a massive mistake, believing that through the 1876 membership, fans would attend more games, which I don’t believe was the case. Worryingly we’ve now lost our safety net of L2 by being in L1, because now we’re capable of being relegated and dropping out of the league completely. This was my biggest fear under our previous owner. I dread the thought of this happening but have to accept that it’s possible and wonder if it did, would we still be able to afford to play at VP.

Exactly Vale Park as much as I love it is a milestone around the clubs development on pitch 

we have structural issues around the railway , family stand , the bycars is knackered and lorne street is half finished , throw in to that the drainage issues . I believe all those issues will cost more to fix than building a new stadium of 12k seats . Just my thoughts are I don’t think their is any thought of this in Carols world 

• Like 1

Advert

17 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Exactly Vale Park as much as I love it is a milestone around the clubs development on pitch 

we have structural issues around the railway , family stand , the bycars is knackered and lorne street is half finished , throw in to that the drainage issues . I believe all those issues will cost more to fix than building a new stadium of 12k seats . Just my thoughts are I don’t think their is any thought of this in Carols world 

Maybe RW could invest and restructure the railway into a modern stand and make the top tier part of the bottom tier. 

Love to see that... ALL yellow seats as well top to bottom... Think that vision!! 

Vale needed a new stadium years ago we all love it as all have good memories, however we needed a new one many years ago. Sell the Vale Park land for housing bring many more people into Burslem to live and find somewhere with better public transport links.

I'll get slack for this, but as the plan for the arena in Hanley has been dropped pop a new stadium there instead making it a concert venue aswell as a football stadium part own it with the council and buy it all later on like stoke did.

Vale have played in Hanley before and can again.
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SalfordValiant said:

Ryan Bowman has been let go by Shrewsbury, he'd be someone I'd be looking at.

He has had some decent scoring spells during his career and at 32 I think he strikes me as a good old fashioned number 9 who would be suited to League 2..... older but an upgrade on Loft surely?

I also remember Tom Bayliss looking decent in their midfield at one time

Edited by werstayinup

Where is this nonsense coming from that "we had a L2 budget in L1".
Mike Baggaley confirmed we had a lower mid-table L1 budget.
Why are you making things up?
image.png.7b7fe3fea482db7104b377f672516f5d.png
Not making f all up and why is it nonsense just because you don't accept/believe it? I believe my sources over Baggers. Baggers states 'I understand ' clear as day , so yeah, it must be true and anything to the contrary is 'making things up and is nonsense'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Where is this nonsense coming from that "we had a L2 budget in L1".

Mike Baggaley confirmed we had a lower mid-table L1 budget.

Why are you making things up?

image.png.7b7fe3fea482db7104b377f672516f5d.png

The word "Understand" doesn't mean confirmed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

If I missed it then apologies, but was there any reason given for Lofts absence yesterday? 

No it wasn't mentioned,it could mean that he isn't in the managers plans and he has been told that he can find another club(most will say he wont get one but players do even the worst ones)

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Not one I’m particularly advocating for (though I did like him) but Jake Taylor attracting interest from Notts and Walsall with his Morecambe contract now up.

Hope Jake Taylor gets fixed up, excellent creative player at Lge 1/2 level but sadly plagued by injuries.

In the Covid season he was on for 10+ goals pro-rata from midfield. His excellent performances in the run up to the play-offs and at Wembley played a big part in Vale getting to Lge 1.  IMHO, DC/AC sidelined Taylor during most of the regular season during their time at Vale and I was tee'd off at him being let go to Morecambe.

As much as I admired Taylor I can't see him coming back to Vale because of his injury record.