onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

Advert

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

She has indirectly caused our relegation over the last two seasons. She absolutely should be putting her hand in her pocket to fix the mess she allowed to happen.

I totally agree this statement although 95% will blame Flitcroft and his recruitment which on the surface is fair. However there are 2 sides to every story and it has been interesting that since his departure, Flitcroft has been silent. I wonder if the payoff was big with a confidential clause to not put out his side of the fiasco over the last 18 months. This all started in Jan 2023 when we sold Hall and didn't get a replacement or decent striker as a minimum because the owner said we had overspent. Since then what have we spent? Flitcroft might have said he had peanuts in money terms and we got what we got or didn't get because of the money available on the playing side.

Moving forward, what money the owners spend depends upon her plans now and the long term. For example is the plan to spend only what we need to to stay in League 2 or are we going for an immediate return. If the former, the squad we have will stay more or less the same because most are in contracts and we can't afford to get rid of them. There will just be 4 or 5 coming in and the hope is that's enough to keep us up. If the latter then most of this squad need to go because they IMO are just not good enough to get you 25 wins to be promoted.

• Like 4

Based on the repeater comments about ‘structure’ and adding personnel from Moore, combined with Martin Foyle’s repeated attendance at Vale games, I’d imagine he’ll be our Head of Recruitment/Chief Scout at some point this summer.

• Like 4

I’m not looking at a promotion push next season, just that we have a product on the pitch that makes you want to attend games. It is the lack of effort more than defeats for myself that really gets to me. I think getting rid of the 10 game ticket was a massive mistake, believing that through the 1876 membership, fans would attend more games, which I don’t believe was the case. Worryingly we’ve now lost our safety net of L2 by not being in L1, because now we’re capable of being relegated and dropping out of the league completely. This was my biggest fear under our previous owner. I dread the thought of this happening but have to accept that it’s possible and wonder if it did, would we still be able to afford to play at VP.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Jensen Weir out of contract now. 
Not that I’d personally want him but considering Moore kept bringing him on and starts him today, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was one of the first players to sign. 

He wouldn't be my first choice but he showed at Morecambe that he can do a job so maybe ok for League 2 and tbh after a shaky start i thought he actually did ok at WB yesterday

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

We're officially knackered if this is the type of players we're after. One of the most underwhelming loan signings in a long time, well since we signed Dan Gore, or maybe Alex mighten, or Rhys Williams.

The list of garbage loan signings in recent memory is a long one. Take Alfie and ollie out and you've got a long list of utter rubbish.

As i said he wouldn't be my choice but i think we will get this reaction from different posters on whoever we sign,we rarely all agree on a signing tbf

13 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Based on the repeater comments about ‘structure’ and adding personnel from Moore, combined with Martin Foyle’s repeated attendance at Vale games, I’d imagine he’ll be our Head of Recruitment/Chief Scout at some point this summer.

I know some will moan as he is an ex player but i dont see anything wrong with that appointment myself

• Like 1

One of the very many criticisms of this season has been the lack of leadership and the lack of character. Since Connor Hall left, we seem to have not replaced the big physical leader type that galvanises both players and supporters. I suggested Aden Flint when Stoke released him last season. Ironic he ended up a league lower with Mansfield but is now in League 1 with them and was their player of the season.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Freddie the Dog said:

I totally agree this statement although 95% will blame Flitcroft and his recruitment which on the surface is fair. However there are 2 sides to every story and it has been interesting that since his departure, Flitcroft has been silent. I wonder if the payoff was big with a confidential clause to not put out his side of the fiasco over the last 18 months. This all started in Jan 2023 when we sold Hall and didn't get a replacement or decent striker as a minimum because the owner said we had overspent. Since then what have we spent? Flitcroft might have said he had peanuts in money terms and we got what we got or didn't get because of the money available on the playing side.

Moving forward, what money the owners spend depends upon her plans now and the long term. For example is the plan to spend only what we need to to stay in League 2 or are we going for an immediate return. If the former, the squad we have will stay more or less the same because most are in contracts and we can't afford to get rid of them. There will just be 4 or 5 coming in and the hope is that's enough to keep us up. If the latter then most of this squad need to go because they IMO are just not good enough to get you 25 wins to be promoted.

If Carol cares to look at the plight of FGR this season she’ll see it’s not just about throwing money at it.  Recruitment and stability at all levels are the key, just as they are in any business.

• Like 2

It's been said over and over we had an upper league two budget in league 1. It simply wasn't enough revenue to stabilise us, especially with getting promoted a season earlier. Hence why Carol and Kevin have been putting 1 mill of their own cash in for the last two seasons.
Its obvious cutbacks and penny watching was put in place. I think someone said the amount of players got in on Flitcrofts watch, it was a crazy amount , how many were a success, how many did we actually pay for? Lofty I think for 75k that's it . They tried on a shoestring and it bit them hard, which is why we are where we are. Which we all know about.
The club has worked on revenue streams within the club to become sustainable ie catering and packages on match days as an example.
Robbie Williams 15k a home game plus booze sales the same with the Valiants suite. Probably 50 k a home game combined . That adds upto a fair old bit over a season. All the functions, Xmas etc etc it all adds upto a multi million pound turnover, the profits will seep into the club, that's the whole point of progressing these infrastructures. Profit and sustainability for the club.
They honestly believed we would survive in league 1 and we would progress into next season.
DM not keeping us up is just the icing on the cake, we weren't talking a million points. Just a few over a relatively long period of the season. He's messed up regardless of the players he has at his disposal. We have seen it with the lack of tactics and fight and hunger instilled in the team. Imo he is already under pressure for next season.
Luckily our upper league two budget should cover things but he has a lot to prove.

20 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Despite me moaning about him not long ago I think Walters showed why we should tie him down and also Shorrock did more than enough to think someone will be in for him this summer

I think with Shorrock he did some nice things yesterday but also showed he has a long way to go with how he’d run into blind alleys on more than one occasion. Worth noting he turns 17 today so happy birthday to him and he is now eligible to be signed to a full time pro contract if Vale and he are inclined.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

If Carol cares to look at the plight of FGR this season she’ll see it’s not just about throwing money at it.  Recruitment and stability at all levels are the key, just as they are in any business.

No owner should throw money at it. However as shown by the successful teams in League 1 and 2 this season, spending good money wisely generally brings success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bimbleabout said:

It's been said over and over we had an upper league two budget in league 1. It simply wasn't enough revenue to stabilise us, especially with getting promoted a season earlier. Hence why Carol and Kevin have been putting 1 mill of their own cash in for the last two seasons.
Its obvious cutbacks and penny watching was put in place. I think someone said the amount of players got in on Flitcrofts watch, it was a crazy amount , how many were a success, how many did we actually pay for? Lofty I think for 75k emoji848.png emoji849.pngemoji3.png that's it . They tried on a shoestring and it bit them hard, which is why we are where we are. Which we all know about.
The club has worked on revenue streams within the club to become sustainable ie catering and packages on match days as an example.
Robbie Williams 15k a home game plus booze sales the same with the Valiants suite. Probably 50 k a home game combined . That adds upto a fair old bit over a season. All the functions, Xmas etc etc it all adds upto a multi million pound turnover, the profits will seep into the club, that's the whole point of progressing these infrastructures. Profit and sustainability for the club.
They honestly believed we would survive in league 1 and we would progress into next season.
DM not keeping us up is just the icing on the cake, we weren't talking a million points. Just a few over a relatively long period of the season. He's messed up regardless of the players he has at his disposal. We have seen it with the lack of tactics and fight and hunger instilled in the team. Imo he is already under pressure for next season.
Luckily our upper league two budget should cover things but he has a lot to prove.

Where is this nonsense coming from that "we had a L2 budget in L1".

Mike Baggaley confirmed we had a lower mid-table L1 budget.

Why are you making things up?

image.png.7b7fe3fea482db7104b377f672516f5d.png

• Like 4