onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton (A) match thread - 1st April

robf

Advert

23 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Held off buying tickets until I had seen our performance against Rovers. Definitely going now, but I bet so will everybody else and we only got 880 odd. Just hope I can get one on the day…

Same with me, going to have to go early just to make sure 

20 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Most of their play goes through Hoskins a tidy little player who i have always liked,keep him quiet then we have every chance imo but i would certainly take a point right now,anything more will be a major bonus

Sam Hoskins should probably have played higher. Very loyal to Northampton.  He's better playing more centrally than as a winger. Maybe often being played out wide has limited his career a little.  Very intelligent player.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ntfcterry said:

Morning all, just logged on to say your max allocation will be just over 1,450 so plenty of room for anyone travelling down on the day

Just out of interest with you now being steady in mid table,how are you playing?

44 minutes ago, Ntfcterry said:

Morning all, just logged on to say your max allocation will be just over 1,450 so plenty of room for anyone travelling down on the day

Nice one NTfc 👍- uv had a good season for first year back up - we would have been well happy in your position - having said that, im hoping you are all on the beach come Monday 😍😍😍😍

• Like 1

Only sold 400 anyway so there's going be plenty of room. We have Northampton, Wigan, Peterborough and Bolton away and we probably need get 4 points from them away games. Then we need get 6 points from the 3 home games against Exeter, Wycombe and Cambridge. All the 4 away games are very tough I just can't see who we going beat from them. Will predict 1 1 draw for Northampton away which keeps the points column ticking along.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest with you now being steady in mid table,how are you playing?

We were well and truly on the beach until last Saturday when we were bang at it and beat Derby 1-0. Should have got something yesterday at Reading, had 19 efforts on goal and missed some big chances. Think they were hurt by the criticism they were tossing it off and it’s fired them back up. 

30 minutes ago, Ntfcterry said:

We were well and truly on the beach until last Saturday when we were bang at it and beat Derby 1-0. Should have got something yesterday at Reading, had 19 efforts on goal and missed some big chances. Think they were hurt by the criticism they were tossing it off and it’s fired them back up. 

well thats just great isnt it 🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Only sold 400 anyway so there's going be plenty of room. We have Northampton, Wigan, Peterborough and Bolton away and we probably need get 4 points from them away games. Then we need get 6 points from the 3 home games against Exeter, Wycombe and Cambridge. All the 4 away games are very tough I just can't see who we going beat from them. Will predict 1 1 draw for Northampton away which keeps the points column ticking along.

Burton, who are woeful, managed a draw at Wigan. They'll be even closer to the beach by the time we play them. I wouldn't write that one off. And Carlisle of all teams put 3 past Peterborough yesterday. I'm usually a realist but for some reason I can feel a 2021 DC-esque end of season daft form turnaround coming on. I'd take a draw on Monday too, just to keep the unbeaten run going and catch up on Burton. Wigan and Barnsley ballsed it up against Burton and Cambridge respectively but the fixtures are reversed Monday, with Wigan now playing Cambridge and Barnsley away at Burton. Hoperfully they can do us a favour this time around.

What we really need to do is start winning by 2-3 goals though, that 10 goals conceded against Barnsley across both games is effectively costing us a point.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1