onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I also thought that smith was immense today. Won absolutely everything. Proper captains performance.

Well said. Best game Smudgers had since Chrimbo

• Like 7

Advert

11 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I honestly think everyone thought he’d smashed it over.  Nobody around me could believe it when the roof of the net bulged.  Fantastic celebrations.  That’s what football is all about.

Right behind it. No chance was he missing. Helped that he didn't have time to think. Unlike the first half miss.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

He will be very important to us IF work out how to play to his strengths, which by the sounds of it, may have been the case today. He might not score another goal this season, but if he gets us up the pitch and makes space/chances for Wilson, Chizzy & Garrity then great.

Watching today I think we can do it. He played well. The issue is finishing and hopefully that goal gives him the confidence to score. We did well today, far better than them. I’ve put my money on us staying up (I’m usually wrong but I think we can do it) like you say his role is about bringing others into the game and for me the likes of garrity and chissy have had an easy ride and need to turn up.  They’re very good players and need to show it much more than they are Chislett especially. I think we will stay up. 

You know what, iv said a couple of times this week that if I wasnt out with the boys, id unboycott meself for this - So,.....anyway, typing this, I'm getting a bit teary eyed for Lofty - iv always supported the underdog, and I'm so so so pleased for the lad. He deserves every nice comment on here tonight to be emailed to him, to showewhat he means to us after today - shoot, im tearing up again - knew I should have stayed over in stafford 😍😍😍😍😍

See you all in the Hamil

And Lofty - we LUV YOU  😍😍😍😍😍😍💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Osh said:

Well said. Best game Smudgers had since Chrimbo

His best part was in the first half when he had ball smashed against his head from about a foot has he stooped to head it and it screamed out for a throw in. My daughter was in hysterics!!! Typified his brave battling performance.

5 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

You know what, iv said a couple of times this week that if I wasnt out with the boys, id unboycott meself for this - So,.....anyway, typing this, I'm getting a bit teary eyed for Lofty - iv always supported the underdog, and I'm so so so pleased for the lad. He deserves every nice comment on here tonight to be emailed to him, to showewhat he means to us after today - shoot, im tearing up again - knew I should have stayed over in stafford 😍😍😍😍😍

See you all in the Hamil

And Lofty - we LUV YOU  😍😍😍😍😍😍💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

He had a big enough smile after the celebrations

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Burton run in

Wigan A, Barnsley, Oxford, Stevenage A, Cheltenham, Reading, Fleetwood A

2 sides in the play-offs + Stevenage a point off

relegation 6 pointers with Cheltenham and Fleetwood

--------------

Cambridge run in

Barnsley A, Wigan, Blackpool A, Charlton, Rovers A, Derby, Wycombe, us

1 side in the automatics, 2 sides in the play offs, Blackpool 3 points off the play offs, relegation 6 pointer against us on the final day at Vale Park

--------------

For us to have only won 3 in over 6 months before today and having not won at all in nearly 3 months and still be in a mathematical shout of staying up is astonishing in terms of how poor the bottom 8 of this league is.

Been thinking about this intensely.

It really is amazing that we have been so horrifically dogshit and yet we're only 3 points and a couple of goals off getting out of the drop zone. Until today we hadn't won in nearly 3 months. 21 games. It's unreal how others have been nearly as bad.

Unbelieveably lucky.

We're either going to do the most Port Vale thing ever and have all this enthusiasm destroyed come 5pm on Friday after another shitter performance or we're going to take it to the last day against Cambridge with a fit again Ikpeazu in a who loses gets relegated play off final. I would not be surprised if Clarke keeps Cheltenham up to Burton's detriment.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Watching today I think we can do it. He played well. The issue is finishing and hopefully that goal gives him the confidence to score. We did well today, far better than them. I’ve put my money on us staying up (I’m usually wrong but I think we can do it) like you say his role is about bringing others into the game and for me the likes of garrity and chissy have had an easy ride and need to turn up.  They’re very good players and need to show it much more than they are Chislett especially. I think we will stay up. 

I think this was our ‘Walsall moment’ personally, there’s some winnable games for sure, but we’ve got to go on a real unexpected run of results (based on long term form) to turn it round and I think we’ll still fall short. I had us not winning another game this season so bad as last week so at least that’s something!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think this was our ‘Walsall moment’ personally, there’s some winnable games for sure, but we’ve got to go on a real unexpected run of results (based on long term form) to turn it round and I think we’ll still fall short. I had us not winning another game this season so bad as last week so at least that’s something!

I did mate as well. I honestly think that Flitcroft moment could bring us all together. Either this season or at least give us the chance to rebuild. I’ve not been in weeks. 

I went today more as a piss up than anything but performance was great. Burton won’t get many more points. Loft has has showed he’s an ok player today when puts a shift in, Grant as well. If we back them we COULD stay up. It’s a big could but I honestly think we have a chance (could be the gin) 

• Like 1