onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

Advert

Yak and Lopata not rated or carrying knocks? For me they’d be in there in some capacity for every game. Yak has mistakes in him but I think he’s one who thrives on consistency. Debrah Smith Lopata Yak as a flat, solid, tall defence. Forget going forward just stay in position. I’d rather Jesse at RB over Smith as he is deceptively quick, but like I say not bombing up and down. Can’t change the shape and personnel of the defence every game and expect clean sheets, though my worry is DM is adhering to that principle as much as he can - just with the wrong players!

Edited by 1

Wilson is a luxury player, great to have him when things are going well and we're winning games because he's got that extra quality that nobody else in the squad has. But when we're fighting for our lives down the bottom we need players who are going to battle (not that we have any) but Wilson ducks out of headers and tackles.

A team full of Garrity's would be ideal, not just for his ability (although that would be nice!) but for his willingness to fight and put himself about and wanting to win every single ball.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, the_tench said:

Have you ever picked a side that isn't ultra attacking ? 

Only ever picked one side I'm a newbie .

Ripley 

Lopaco Ojo Jones 

Sang.              Plant 

Garrity Chislett Weir 

Uche Loft (Wilson or Dipepa ).

That's attacking go Vale .

I can guarantee thar Ojo can do a good job as a sweeper then it's everyone forwards shooting at will .

Seriously though no idea who Mr let's defend Moore will pick that Mighten seems a bit lightweight. 

I'd like see Loft up front with Uche I believe Sang can put the quality in to Uche then if Uche heads down Loft could bang a few in .

I think moving forwards Chislett Dipepa and Uche need be the front 3 .

I'm.sure he will play Smith and Debrah Moore that's up to him he's the manager he sees fit who he wants play .

Surely Vale do a good job  today .

Will they though 

There very untrustworthy  

• Haha 2

Todays squad , I wish 

Port Vale, July 1978.

Back row left to right....
Neil Griffiths, Ken Beamish, Bernie Wright, John Connaughton, David Harris, Greg Lowndes, John Froggatt, Phil Sproson.
Middle row left to right... Mr Dennis Butler (manager) Peter Sutcliffe, Mick Moore, Neil Wilkinson, Bill Bentley, Garry Dulson, Kenny Beech, Mr Graham Hawkins, (player coach)
Bottom row left to right...
Mr Lol Hamlett (trainer) Mark Chamberlain, Russel Bromage, Gerrard Stenson, Neville Chamberlain, Mark Nicklin, Mr Alan Bloor, (youth team manager)

IMG_0211.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dipepa delight said:

Ripley 

Lopaco Ojo Jones 

Sang.              Plant 

Garrity Chislett Weir 

I can guarantee thar Ojo can do a good job as a sweeper then it's everyone forwards shooting at will .

Seriously though no idea who Mr let's defend Moore will pick that Mighten seems a bit lightweight. 

I'd like see Loft up front with Uche I believe Sang can put the quality in to Uche then if Uche heads down Loft could bang a few in .

I'm.sure he will play Smith and Debrah Moore that's up to him he's the manager he sees fit who he wants play .

Will they though 

There very untrustworthy  

Uche is still injured!!!

18 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Todays squad , I wish 

Port Vale, July 1978.

Back row left to right....
Neil Griffiths, Ken Beamish, Bernie Wright, John Connaughton, David Harris, Greg Lowndes, John Froggatt, Phil Sproson.
Middle row left to right... Mr Dennis Butler (manager) Peter Sutcliffe, Mick Moore, Neil Wilkinson, Bill Bentley, Garry Dulson, Kenny Beech, Mr Graham Hawkins, (player coach)
Bottom row left to right...
Mr Lol Hamlett (trainer) Mark Chamberlain, Russel Bromage, Gerrard Stenson, Neville Chamberlain, Mark Nicklin, Mr Alan Bloor, (youth team manager)

IMG_0211.jpeg

Wow - my first season 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

2 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Ripley 

Lopaco Ojo Jones 

Sang.              Plant 

Garrity Chislett Weir 

Will they though 

There very untrustworthy  

You're an oldie but newbie 🤣🤣,uches nowhere near close to playing yet,he's only just got back to doing light training on the grass 🤔

Edited by Splodger
  • Like 1