onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Ahhhhh, but you are forgetting our returning agent of chaos - three questions need to be answered

Does Uche know what he is going to do

Does the opposition know what Uche is going to do

Does anyone know what Uche is going to do

Three NO answers = the X factor

I vote no to each of the above 😍😍😍😍😍

I appreciate that Uche creates chaos but Dipepa is our best chance of increasing our goal scoring.

• Like 2

Advert

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

CHELTENHAM last three games...

Lincoln H

Peterborough H

Stevenage A

NOT an easy three points in that lot for em.......

A lot depends on results in the next 2 weeks, as Spunk quoted football not played on paper, looks tough for them but we need Lincoln still in with a shout of the play-offs and avoiding defeat at Oxford next week, if they were to lose there, could end up not been able to get in the play-offs by the time they play Cheltenham.  Similar if Peterborough have no chance of automatic, 3 days before the end of the season likely to make lots of changes, any players carrying niggles or big players, they be stupid to risk.  Stevenage whilst looking nailed on for a play-off spot most of the season have fallen off a cliff last few weeks and will have no chance of a top 6 come the last day.  We have to take care of our results and minimum is 3 home wins.

• Like 2

Just watching a David Seaman interview at Wembley. He played for Peterborough at the start of his career. But the interesting point he made  - not checked - is that Peterborough have the youngest team in the entire EFL. 

What hope can I take from that? Maybe inconsistency and lack of experience at the business end of the season. 

Edited by Warren

13 minutes ago, Warren said:

Just watching a David Seaman interview at Wembley. He played for Peterborough at the start of his career. But the interesting point he made  - not checked - is that Peterborough have the youngest team in the entire EFL. 

What hope can I take from that? Maybe inconsistency and lack of experience at the business end of the season. 

Or they'll run the legs off us with their youthful exuberance 🤣

Edited by darren1810

Cheltenham vs Carlisle on Tuesday. Carlisle already relegated and expect Cheltenham to win. That would take them out of the relegation zone and push us back in it.

Would also expect a loss for us vs Peterborough.

Then Cheltenham play Bristol Rovers on Saturday, who seem to lose to everyone at the minute.

That would put them on 45 points, so we'd NEED to beat Exeter to stay in touch on 43 points.

I'm fearing the worst.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Cheltenham vs Carlisle on Tuesday. Carlisle already relegated and expect Cheltenham to win. That would take them out of the relegation zone and push us back in it.

Then Cheltenham play Bristol Rovers on Saturday, who seem to lose to everyone at the minute.

That would put them on 45 points, so we'd NEED to beat Exeter to stay in touch on 43 points.

I'm fearing the worst.

Saturday put pressure on Cheltenham.  Before they only had to win as many and draw one games more than us. Now they have to win one more. Not sure if Taylor is out for the season; if he is they are heavily reliant on Liam Sercombe for goals. Cambridge will struggle to score now Lyle Taylor is out; he was instrumental in their improvement.  Shrewsbury are very much in the mix as they struggle for goals. I only bet at the races but I still think we are most likely to fill the 4th slot. However, with 5 to play I'd say our odds of staying up are slightly better than even. Maybe 5/9 on us staying up. 

• Like 1

I love the speculation of who will beat who.

It's impossible to predict...it'll all be down to the managers and players mindset.

It looks like improving the defence in recent games has starting to show in points gained. Before the Orient game it was 2 or 3 conceded every game.

Vales eventual position won't be down to not winning at Wigan,it'll be dropping points against Cheltenham,Fleetwood and Carlisle from winning positions.

Vale need to keep going it'd not just about what Cheltenham do it's about what Shrewsbury/Cambridge do also .

They are not out of it and we play Cambridge last game so if we won that that's 2 points adrift of them if played  say Wednesday. 

Shrewsbury have a -28 goal difference and overall over the season apart from beating us home and away are in dire straits .

Reading could be dragged back in also mainly because of there owner .

So all to play for .

I'd have said to the attacking players at  Vale you all in today (sunday)and you ain't going home till you put the ball in the net that many times in different ways ,so that you can put some ones in the oppositions nets these last 5 games ,so you ready to take your chances .

Away under Moore 

Cheltenham 3 Vale 2 

Reading 2 Vale 0 

Leyton Orient 0 Vale 0

Burton 0 Vale 1 

Northampton 2 Vale 0 

Wigan 0 Vale 0 

I think that's his lot yes not conceded in 3 of last 4 but we ain't scored in 4 of last 6 away 

It's better defensively but forwards need start earning there money .

There have being chances annoyingly in them games which haven't been taken .

The games I've seen mighten got to score a simple knock it in net v Reading at 0-0 v Leyton Orient Wilsons missed arguably the best chance of game and after just watching highlights how's Smith missed that yesterday it's easier head in then the double save surely surely Dipepa got to whip that in net for the winner not place it hammer it in .

Then uches through v Northampton at 1 down good save but they put there's in net from identical position there first goal.

Get them playersin working overtime till they start converting these gilt edged chances.

Edited by Dipepa delight

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I'm fearing the worst.

I like your optimism there mate 🤔😬👍

• Haha 1

I will be more than happy if we get to the Cambridge game needing a win to keep us up. My missus and sons all Man U fans say they will come to the game if that is the case. We are where we are due to all that has happened this season up to the last couple of weeks. To still be in with a chance of stopping up is nothing short of miraculous and we can only hope and pray that we do not lapse back into our bad old ways. 

We're not dead yet, come on Vale............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old School said:

I will be more than happy if we get to the Cambridge game needing a win to keep us up. My missus and sons all Man U fans say they will come to the game if that is the case. We are where we are due to all that has happened this season up to the last couple of weeks. To still be in with a chance of stopping up is nothing short of miraculous and we can only hope and pray that we do not lapse back into our bad old ways. 

We're not dead yet, come on Vale............

Do you live in Cornwall then mate ? Fair trek to Vale Park. 

• Like 1

Was all nicely relaxed knowing we were dead and buried, had accepted it now they dangle the carrot again!

Cheltenham have three good games on paper but to caveat that their form is equal to that of Carlisle the last 6 games and only a point better off the past 8 so no guarantees they win them, in fact if the teams around us repeat their form of the last 6 over the last games we would only need three more points to stay up, football isn't that simple of course but we are certainly in the mixer now to stay up.

• Thanks 1

If Shrewsbury fail to beat Wycombe on Saturday then they are right in the mix looking at their next two away games.
Cambridge may well be safe by the time we play them but unless we pick up some wins by then it may already be irrelevant.
Plenty of twists and turns yet and considering just how bad we have been its amazing that we are still in with a shout of staying up.

• Like 2