onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Advert

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

May be play the game behind closed doors rather than just award points out willy nilly?

That said, I wouldn't grumble about the EFL dishing out 3 points to us! 

Another team might. They should have cleared the ground quicker and played it on the same night.

12 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is a mess. The fixtures are decided before the season at random and should take place between teams in the order decided. Postponement due to weather or other factors such as international call ups allow games to be replaced with agreements between the teams. This is an unpredented event and whatever is decided could have a negative impact on either team or any other team in the league. 

The only team that should be negatively impacted by this is Reading. We should be awarded the 3 points IMO

• robf unfeatured this topic
Well if they are now advocating no more pitch invasions I reckon we deserve the 3 points as it looks like the only losers in this fiasco are Port Vale FC, their 800 odd travelling fans whom Reading FC, its supporters and the EFL clearly don't give a toss about and who will just be expected to rock up in a few weeks time at their own expense for a second time.

If this game has to be replayed it must be at ours. 

Personally I'm disappointed the police have got away without any criticism of their dismal showing at the abandoned game. They were less than useless.

13 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
12 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Well if they are now advocating no more pitch invasions I reckon we deserve the 3 points as it looks like the only losers in this fiasco are Port Vale FC, their 800 odd travelling fans whom Reading FC, its supporters and the EFL clearly don't give a toss about and who will just be expected to rock up in a few weeks time at their own expense for a second time.

I thought that they were concerned that now some of the fans had got a taste for it they would be on the pitch again and the Sell Before We Dai group were unable to stop them (obviously)

I thought that they were concerned that now some of the fans had got a taste for it they would be on the pitch again and the Sell Before We Dai group were unable to stop them (obviously)
More likely they've been warned by the league that they could get expelled out of the league completely.
Pity really because if they got the Derby game abandoned tonight then I'm sure there would be far more media coverage.

On 21/01/2024 at 11:22, valiant_593 said:

The only team that should be negatively impacted by this is Reading. We should be awarded the 3 points IMO

But we might have lost.   And if we stay up or alternatively sneak into the playoffs with those three points we would not otherwise have won then Reading would not be the only team affected.     Likewise Reading having the points, or not having the points will affect their league position and thus those around them.   You're opening up a right can of worms there. It will HAVE to be played.

You could I guess have the game played and we get our point, or 3 if we draw or win and deny Reading any points they get so win, lose or draw they get nil points.   They can't get any but we can, but must actually win them....but then they'd play kids and be soft tacking for 90 minutes as it would make no sense to them competing.  

5 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Game to be replayed Tuesday 20th February. Don’t think there was ever going to be any different outcome. Sadly won’t be able to make it to this one

I can't make the fixture now but I am pleased that we will be refunded the ticket money. 

Archived