onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carlisle (A) match thread - 1st Jan

robf

Advert

2 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Defo agree with that got to play the same team as started against Blackpool it's a no.brainer but I think Garrity would be more effective in Chislets position, I just think Garrity is more of a goal threat but at the end of the day it's all about opinions.

I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. I don't think well have a choice with Lomax as Massey is ill and Sang injured, so he may have to play.

I could see Shorrock being rested and Conor Grant getting the nod for a bit more experience. Its a lot to ask chucking a 16 year old in and asking him to be first choice every week. He's got to be managed correctly. 

Wilson and Uche have to start I agree. Garrity has to do the hard work in midfield if we play Devine their (which we'll have to with Ojo's injury). Walters doesn't look ready and Conlon is probably on his way out, so what else can we do?

Ripley

Smith.        Lowe.        Debrah

Devine

Lomax (Sang)         Garrity                      Grant

Chiss

Uche            Wilson

(There it is)

I personally no matter how well the young lads played v Barnsley when entered the pitch and Fri I wouldn't  be playing the young ones too regularly especially away from home ,where its far different than home .

So I'd bring in Grant for Shorrock and Sang for Lomax  the others keep there starting places .

If Sang or Massey cannot make it I'd bring in Balmer or Cass .

Should go there with lots of confidence I keep seeing there away followings i

f ever a club deserves do well its there support .

At times on Fri we had the run of the ball so hopefully we continue to make our own luck. 

Wouldn't be unhappy with a point personally as I feel it be anything but easy in first fixture i thought overall apart from the first 20 and the big error to give us a pen they were worthy of a point .

Paul Simpson is a winner for sure ok there struggling but I for one when I see they have took 8000 plus away in 2 games hope they stay up after NYD .

Vales following for a lovely drive be about 600 .

Hope they see Uche score twice I'm.sure that our defence we're not as watertight on Friday as the scoreline suggests, as Ripley had to make two very good saves one first fifthteen and one where it was in our box no more than 8 yards out second half, they also headed against the upright from.a corner so I'd say a entertaining 2-2 draw probably be the outcome 

UTV

Wing back, particularly left side, has been a problem position for years now. But don't overplay and expose to injury young players. Also don't exaggerate through optimism their actual level of ability including skill and physicality. Professional football involves game after game etc. 

I think we should realistically go to Carlisle and out football them to win the game. They are bottom of the league because they deserve to be there. But we must have defensive resilience and particularly in the first 20 minutes. 

Crosby and coaches need to get right the team selection that will get the job done. I think it's a much bigger game than it seems because it's a chance to step firmly into mid table with winnable games coming up throughout January. 

This is a good time to play Carlisle. They will surely try to strengthen in the January window if they have some money to do so. If they are hard up, they'll still try to shuffle the pack. In our own case, with young players getting a chance regularly, it may change the priorities for our transfer strategy during January. 

21 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Dont see how you can drop shorrock after blackpool performance. Earnt his place in the starting line up for me. Id go same team try get a bit of consistency going 

Not dropped but managed.  1st game for Shorrock and Lomax, recovery will take longer than if they had been regulars.  Playing away from home is also completely different.  I'd guess that as a minium Grant will be back in the starting line up as will an other if fit

9 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Not dropped but managed.  1st game for Shorrock and Lomax, recovery will take longer than if they had been regulars.  Playing away from home is also completely different.  I'd guess that as a minium Grant will be back in the starting line up as will an other if fit

The manager needs to call it right. Actually it is an opportunity to give young players away experience in a game we can realistically win. But the balance is we do need to win and we shouldn't overplay young players. In my view if young players are overplayed they pick up niggling injuries that can persist for their whole career. But I don't want to swot their opportunity which has been hard earned. 

30 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Dont see how you can drop shorrock after blackpool performance. Earnt his place in the starting line up for me. Id go same team try get a bit of consistency going 

Both young lads put a lot into the Blackpool game so I don’t see either playing another full 90 as they need to be carefully nurtured. If they do start I can see them coming off after an hour or alternatively they may come on for the last half hour. 
Personally I can see it being a draw but I would like to see a good performance and an improvement on the Wycombe display.

1 minute ago, soothsayer said:

Both young lads put a lot into the Blackpool game so I don’t see either playing another full 90 as they need to be carefully nurtured. If they do start I can see them coming off after an hour or alternatively they may come on for the last half hour. 
Personally I can see it being a draw but I would like to see a good performance and an improvement on the Wycombe display.

If any players can complete games in short space of time its a pair of young lads 

Archived