onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Arblaster recalled back to Sheffield United

JoeB2

19 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Sheff Utd probably want to see what he looks like under proper management. Chance of promotion too, good move for him.

Not sure what under proper management means but if he actually gets to play regularly (who will he replace in Derby’s team?) it will certainly be in a team of better players, a different style and in front of much bigger crowds (at home) with greater expectations ie a much closer experience to what he’d get if and when he breaks through for the Blades. It’s certainly not a step up in terms of the opposition he’ll be facing and it might be a lost opportunity to see how he performs against Championship-level midfielders which I guess is what Wilder will have to consider.

Advert

No problem with Ollie going to Derby or anywhere else Sheffield feel furthers his development. However, what does annoy me is Wilder saying Ollie will stay with Sheffield.

Ollie may still stay with Sheffield but using an 18/19 year old to fight a relegation battle never felt realistic. 

Good luck Ollie!

13 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
24 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:
Proper Management? Paul Warne is a coach like Crosby.....

One with a proven track record of success, so nothing like Crosby

…..but despite this many Derby fans seem to want him gone.  It’s a funny old game.

If he goes to Derby it may very well be because they are willing to pay money for a loan. My personal view is Sheffield United have better rehab facilities. Remember he was injured and I don’t think will be playing too soon? 

No problem with Ollie going to Derby or anywhere else Sheffield feel furthers his development. However, what does annoy me is Wilder saying Ollie will stay with Sheffield.
Ollie may still stay with Sheffield but using an 18/19 year old to fight a relegation battle never felt realistic. 
Good luck Ollie!
Saying that may have increased the loan fee or contribution towards wages they receive for his next loan

1 hour ago, wotsyobeef said:
3 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:
Good luck Ollie!

Saying that may have increased the loan fee or contribution towards wages they receive for his next loan

Quite possibly. It's just the BS (IMO) from Wilder about him being around a Prem side. Surely, he's going to loaned out! Even with an injury. He's only 18/19! 

I would prefer Wilder to be honest. 

Of course, after that rant, I could be wrong and he stays at Sheffield!

Would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for Sheff U to loan him to L1 again. What for? They'd learn nothing they don't already know. It would reflect badly on us if they felt he needed to stay in L1 but his development would be better served elsewhere. Surely he'd stay at Utd or go on loan to a Championship club. You have to think about this from his parent club's point of view as he's their player to develop.

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:
4 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:
Proper Management? Paul Warne is a coach like Crosby.....

One with a proven track record of success, so nothing like Crosby

Crosby's got several promotions to his name, and as far as I know it's impossible to win anything by January whether a manager, coach or player. 

36 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
37 minutes ago, smithie said:
Crosby's got several promotions to his name, and as far as I know it's impossible to win anything by January whether a manager, coach or player. 

Sorry, who did he manage to promotion?

He didn't, nor did I say otherwise. My point is there isn't a single successful manager in any division at present for this season.

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Where has this derby news come from?

Alan Nixon, albeit it only says Derby are interested. No surprises there. I imagine most of the EFL will be "interested". Someone a few posts back mentioned there had been talks between Warne and Arblaster, but not sure how true that is. If it is true surely Utd have given permission, but I just don't see why they'd recall him from L1 to send him back there. Makes absolutely no sense at all, unless they weren't happy with how it went at Vale, which surely can't be the case.

The only other aspect could be financial if they can get another fee and higher contribution to his wages from Derby. But can't imagine we're talking an amount of money that’s a big motivation for them at their level. 

Archived