onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool (H) match thread - 29th Dec

robf

Advert

Great result last night. Seemed a different style judging by the line-up and possession stats.

The nature of the win seems as impressive as the Bolton, Boro, Barnsley (1st half) games were disappointing. Shots on goal, youngsters excelling etc.

So credit where it’s due, well done AC for (finally) changing from the tippy-tappy stuff which was boring people to death and which resulted in some really limp performances recently. Also, a very well done for integrating the young ‘uns. 

In typical Vale fashion, we’ll no doubt lose at Carlisle, but a win will I think create a nice gap from the bottom 4. 

• Like 1

There was some booing and negative comments about Loft from the Lorne Street as he was coming on too. I think he is a better player than most of his detractors think, he may not be as good as some strikers but he has pace and movement. He even had a shot on target last night. We have him in the squad so we should encourage him to do better. Make up a song for him, as long as it sounds positive it doesn't matter if you are singing it ironically, he won't be able to tell and it will be better than booing.

• Like 7

Really enjoyed the game. Less faffing at the back. Less touches for Ripley and a more direct style.

Well done Crosby for playing this way instead of the tippy tappy stuff which has frustrated so many. 

I'll be truthful and say when I saw the team selection I was worried. But Shorrock in particular and Lomax did themselves proud. Hamilton who I was worried about did absolutely nothing. 

More of the same please against Charlton for the home fans.  And hopefully get a result at Carlisle. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Well, we go almost the whole of the first half of this season without scoring more than one goal at home and now...........the last 3 home games have produced 13 goals, eight of those to the Vale!  Who'd have thought it?

If memory serves me well, I'm pretty sure that DF stated in his Baggers interview that the xG would definitely improve in December.

At the time, I thought that to be a bold statement, but the evidence is there for all to see.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

They were singing Loft will tear you apart again in the Hamil.

I just want to see effort. We're league one we expect poor play at times but the Vale faithful won't accept half hearted.

If Loft puts in 100% effort and gets amongst it he'll get my support.

Anyone booing him or Massey is a moron. 

He's nowhere near as bad as some fans make out.

Vale fans ALWAYS need a scapegoat.

ALWAYS.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Is it me or did we play a lot differently than usual?

It's like the possession game went out the window, and we just allowed Blackpool to have the ball, then tried to break on them.

Also, Jack Shorrock was immense.

Was more than likely forced upon us by the loss off Olly and ojo 

Either way a successful team needs to change it up occasionally 

Well, I have to say it's nice to come on here on the back of a result and performance where there is little to complain about. I enjoy a good whinge, as I've said probably many times before. I'm like an Etruria Karl Pilkington but with hair and considerably more handsome. But I would much rather be praising players and staff. All I want to see is us on the front foot and looking like we desperately want to win games. As a club that doesn't have a lot of money floating about, in a league that has some genuinely big clubs in it, I can take losing games of football. What I struggle to take is losing games at a whimper as we've done on occasions this season. Yesterday was much more like it. We allowed Blackpool to have the ball because they were going nowhere with it, and that's how a lot of teams have played against us this season. Teams have allowed us to knock it sideways and backwards knowing we weren't really a goal threat and that ultimately our defence would have lapses in concentration sooner or later. I think having Uche up top allows us to mix it up better and he's going to be important until the end of the season. 

• Like 2