onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (H) match thread - Boxing Day

robf

Advert

What's happening at Vale Park? For goodness knows how many league games ptreviously, we hadn't been able to score more than 1 goal.  Now, the last two home fixtures have produced an aggregate score of 5-5!

When we couldn't score more than one goal per game, at least we weren't conceeding many.  Now, we've managed to score 5 goals, yet have conceded the same amount.  If anything does, surely these stats point to cock-eyed and naive tactics viewed from any standpoint. Unfortunately, with all the evidence we see, I just don't think AC is going to be able to turn things around and sadly, must side with the "AC out" cohort.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Picture this squad but with competent management. Wild, or Duff.

We’ve got some good footballers.

I didn’t see it. We made Barnsley look like the footballing Harlem Globetrotters again. Chislett, Divine, Garrity, Wilson and Arblaster are reasonable players. Two of those are not our players and Wilson is able to leave in Jan. 

The rest are league 2 or non league level dross. 

Budget was cut as Carol’s IT industry Covid bonanza slowed down but our League 2 manager, Flitcroft masquerading as a director of football wasted it and Crosby can’t get them playing above league 2 level. 

I actually think Crosby is not the real villian. Let’s the honest, the best this club could manage with this squad is about 12th in this league and Barnsley despite having players way ahead of ours in technical skill probably cleaning the loos, it is a miracle we are only a handful of football league places below them. 

I said it at the start of the season. The budget was cut. There needs to be a real thought process behind why that was, what can be done to increase the budget and what can be achieved without much further investment.

The best money we could spend would be on an accountant because the best owner of the club as a business was administrator Bob Young of Begbies Traynor who cut out all the excess waste and ensured we had a lean club of hungry pros under Adams who by no coincidence stormed to promotion. 

• Like 3

Just now, TJHValiant said:

I didn’t see it. We made Barnsley look like the footballing Harlem Globetrotters again. Chislett, Divine, Garrity, Wilson and Arblaster are reasonable players. Two of those are not our players and Wilson is able to leave in Jan. 

The rest are league 2 or non league level dross. 

Budget was cut as Carol’s IT industry Covid bonanza slowed down but our League 2 manager, Flitcroft masquerading as a director of football wasted it and Crosby can’t get them playing above league 2 level. 

I actually think Crosby is not the real villian. Let’s the honest, the best this club could manage with this squad is about 12th in this league and Barnsley despite having players way ahead of ours in technical skill probably cleaning the loos, it is a miracle we are only a handful of football league places below them. 

I said it at the start of the season. The budget was cut. There needs to be a real thought process behind why that was, what can be done to increase the budget and what can be achieved without much further investment.

The best money we could spend would be on an accountant because the best owner of the club as a business was administrator Bob Young of Begbies Traynor who cut out all the excess waste and ensured we had a lean club of hungry pros under Adams who by no coincidence stormed to promotion. 

It’s hard to argue that the club’s form has nosedived since the budget was cut about 12 months ago.

Worst performing club in League 1 since.

I just want to say that if ever there was a clear indication of where we have been going wrong and what we ought to do about it, today was that day. The first half encapsulated all that has been wrong with the Vale this season. Lethargic, passive, reactive, winding up the fans. The Vale were quite rightly booed off at half time. Within a minute of the start of the second half the crowd were fully behind the lads as it was so obvious that the mindset had changed totally and the Vale were going for it. Two goals and possibly/probably could have been more, what a contrast. Come on now Andy, ignore the "science" and the statisticians and just get the lads to go out there and play to win, we don't expect any more than that and will back the lads to the hilt if they play like todays second half. 
Come on the Vale..........

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I actually think Crosby is not the real villian.

He isn't. He was offered a league one job for his first ever gig, he'd have been mad to refuse. It's not his fault he was the inexperienced easy cheap option.

It is Flitcroft's though. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

The future is bright. Crosby is proven at getting the best out of young players. We've got the best crop for decades. Come on Carol, stick with him.

Crosby isn't proven in anything but lack of ideas & poor game management. Next joke 

7 minutes ago, Old School said:

I just want to say that if ever there was a clear indication of where we have been going wrong and what we ought to do about it, today was that day. The first half encapsulated all that has been wrong with the Vale this season. Lethargic, passive, reactive, winding up the fans. The Vale were quite rightly booed off at half time. Within a minute of the start of the second half the crowd were fully behind the lads as it was so obvious that the mindset had changed totally and the Vale were going for it. Two goals and possibly/probably could have been more, what a contrast. Come on now Andy, ignore the "science" and the statisticians and just get the lads to go out there and play to win, we don't expect any more than that and will back the lads to the hilt if they play like todays second half. 
Come on the Vale..........

not only boos, many left before half time!    3000 on fri i reckon. people are really ,really brassed off with the lot of them. stop the <ovf censored> crosby, sort them out or head for cheltenham.:drink:

24 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I actually thought we played some decent stuff in the second half and the stats - bar the goals - are in Vale’s favour however that does hide a woeful first half and you just cannot expect to get any points from a game where you defend as we did in the first half.

I agree, but why did Crosby wait till we were 0-3 down before changing it, if he had changed it sooner, before it was too late, we’d have got a point today.Lomax did more than Massey has in the last 3 games, also beginning to think Ripley isn’t as good as he thinks he is, he never moved for the first goal.

• Like 1