onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (A) match thread - 23rd Dec

robf

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

My Lard mate said about Rowett and Neill.

They were dead men walking once the crowd turned against the manager and the gallows humour chants add to that. 

Not a nice environment. Almost waiting to go a goal down and then it's full on boos and pelters.

I get the feeling Crosby is reaching that stage however our owners perhaps aren't reading the room .

The negativity towards Crosby has always been there.  It was buried when we were riding high early doors but naturally resurfaced during our barren run.  He started the job in a far worse place than any of those two clowns, they were at least broadly welcomed and recognised has having a bit of pedigree, whereas I’d say there was a good percentage of our fan base that would’ve kept Clarke in the role and failing that wanted a “proven” manager.  Crosby was seen as a cheap option rather than the best candidate for the job.  He may have been both, neither, one or the other, who knows?

• Like 2

Advert

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

My Lard mate said about Rowett and Neill.

They were dead men walking once the crowd turned against the manager and the gallows humour chants add to that. 

Not a nice environment. Almost waiting to go a goal down and then it's full on boos and pelters.

I get the feeling Crosby is reaching that stage however our owners perhaps aren't reading the room .

The gallows ‘humour’ is something I’ve only heard in the last couple of months(after following Vale since 1989).

I don’t like it, and would rather the idiots who sing How <ovf censored> must you be, we lose every week would stay away.

It’s entitled bollox

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Connolly said:

I ain't tolerating the fouled mouthed rage & hate in the stands any longer, and I know there are others who will call it out too. Laws still apply in football grounds.

Perhaps some of these men have a mental illness, which is understandable 

I've got bare mental health issues m8. I'll continue to shout profanities as I see fit with your blessing. Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brian said:

The gallows ‘humour’ is something I’ve only heard in the last couple of months(after following Vale since 1989).

I don’t like it, and would rather the idiots who sing How <ovf censored> must you be, we lose every week would stay away.

It’s entitled bollox

It's a race to the bottom for the most brainless and uninspiring chant sometimes. I'd love to have a phones-and-cameras-off chat with Crosby and the players on what they really think about some of our fans. 

• Like 2

When Tom Pope lead the attack Vale were more direct and the terms 'Hoof ball and Pope ball" were coined, there was a section of Vale fans on OVF who were dissatisfied with how Vale played.

Crosby has introduced a more possession based approach and still a section of OVF fans are unhappy.

What do Vale fans want in terms of playing style? I suspect something that doesn't exist especially at Lge 1 level.

For me good results are key and I couldn't give a damn how we play.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, smithie said:

It's a race to the bottom for the most brainless and uninspiring chant sometimes. I'd love to have a phones-and-cameras-off chat with Crosby and the players on what they really think about some of our fans. 

The kids that have moved to the middle of the Hamil are embarrassing. They've come close to something happening a few times this season. A couple of us said something when they were singing their <ovf censored> against Boro. A mix of families, them, Bycars oldies and a few of us that moved from the stand in the hope of a better atmosphere hasn't worked. I'm back home in the Railway Stand against Barnsley and the rest of the season probably.

Edited by Mellor!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

When Tom Pope lead the attack Vale were more direct and the terms 'Hoof ball and Pope ball" were coined, there was a section of Vale fans on OVF who were dissatisfied with how Vale played.

Crosby has introduced a more possession based approach and still a section of OVF fans are unhappy.

What do Vale fans want in terms of playing style? I suspect something that doesn't exist especially at Lge 1 level.

The way we played at home under Rob Page was perfect for me. High press on the front foot 4231 formation. Personally I like high intensity, right and left backs that can overlap (Gibbo and Clark) and a couple of quick wingers, that beat their man and get the ball in to a big lad in the middle.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I think the problem isn't the possession based football, its the pace of the game. We played pacey possession based football with a high press against Wigan and the result was very entertaining. Unfortunately when we take our foot off the gas the same system looks ponderous. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hot Rat said:

I think the problem isn't the possession based football, its the pace of the game. We played pacey possession based football with a high press against Wigan and the result was very entertaining. Unfortunately when we take our foot off the gas the same system looks ponderous. 

Spot on mate. We did the same against Mansfield and then reverted back to usual. We've shown we can play that way, that's the blueprint, so fans every right to be pissed off when we revert back to pedestrian football.

• Like 1

Playing high intensity football without a strong bench is difficult. Being the only club in a cup competition in a league is an added burden. January is cup free and may help us physically, but it has its downsides..

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connolly said:

I ain't tolerating the fouled mouthed rage & hate in the stands any longer, and I know there are others who will call it out too. Laws still apply in football grounds.

Perhaps some of these men have a mental illness, which is understandable, although there's no excuse for it happening every week. If you can't control your emotions, then stay at home. 

I ain't joking around, this is the reputation of the club, the longer this aggressive foul mouth abuse is left unchallenged, the more it will frighten & upsett youngster fans, family's and elders. That's doing more damage to the club than the football. Just because your hiding behind other fans don't mean your above the law. 

If this continues, the clubs going to need a larger police presence, If people can't behave next time Vale have an off day (like all clubs do) , I can see it kicking off between sections of our own support. FACT.

The club ain't stupid, and nor are the police.

Have a nice Christmas, most of us have food in the fridge, a government that ain't bombing us, and moderate football club that gives us an occasionall cheer, life's not too bad ay

Edited by Brian Johnson