onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (A) match thread 25th Nov

Advert

14 hours ago, MBE said:

'Makes me want to go to war for Port Vale when I hear our fans' - Jesse Debrah.

If you can't shout, sing and cheer throughout the game for a player like that you shouldn't be watching football.

Can't wait for Saturday now after that interview.

He is an inspiration, I am looking forward to the game too!

The Salop fans on their forum are positive even though their form is poor. "Vale are the worst team in the league" "we should beat them 6-0" "Vale have 10 players missing so an easy day"

I actually feel confident for once. If we keep 11 men on the pitch I am going for an impressive 4-1 win ......

Vale should be bang up for this .

1616 sell out I shouldn't imagine are going see us be gallant losers.

I'd expect the Vale go with same side as v Burton as I do not think ollie is available ,josh defo ain't and I think when you look at the overall game v Burton (I can only go on stats I read ).

Apart from the disallowed header from Stockton Burton had no attempts on target I think that's what came up if so same again v Shrewsbury tomorrow. 

Watch out for Dunkley from.set pieces and go play your football Vale .

For me a 3 -0 win tomoz a day of firsts .

Uche Sang and Loft to net .

Unfortunately my weekend in work nights  I went Shrewsbury yesterday with lady .,once upon a time I did that worked a night shift woke went the match then did a night shift again  the same night,hone games no problem but away  it was too much for me so mentally draining so I wish every member of the SVA a great afternoon entertainment and lets hope each and every one of you gets behind the team 👍

UTV 

I guess the big question for selection is the fitness of Jason Lowe. On his form prior to injury he plays and Ojo moves to midfield. Smith will definitely play, as will Debrah. Arblaster will start for sure, Devine or Chislett is a close call. 2 from Massey, Plant or Sang is also a close call at wingback. I'd probably stick with Massey and Sang as they did well last time out.

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Vale should be bang up for this .

1616 sell out I shouldn't imagine are going see us be gallant losers.

I'd expect the Vale go with same side as v Burton as I do not think ollie is available ,josh defo ain't and I think when you look at the overall game v Burton (I can only go on stats I read ).

Apart from the disallowed header from Stockton Burton had no attempts on target I think that's what came up if so same again v Shrewsbury tomorrow. 

Watch out for Dunkley from.set pieces and go play your football Vale .

For me a 3 -0 win tomoz a day of firsts .

Uche Sang and Loft to net .

Unfortunately my weekend in work nights  I went Shrewsbury yesterday with lady .,once upon a time I did that worked a night shift woke went the match then did a night shift again  the same night,hone games no problem but away  it was too much for me so mentally draining so I wish every member of the SVA a great afternoon entertainment and lets hope each and every one of you gets behind the team 👍

UTV 

Trouble is as soon as the game kicks off 85% of the fans will sit down and won’t make a sound 

5 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

The Salop fans on their forum are positive even though their form is poor. "Vale are the worst team in the league" "we should beat them 6-0" "Vale have 10 players missing so an easy day"

I actually feel confident for once. If we keep 11 men on the pitch I am going for an impressive 4-1 win ......

I've got a feeling we are going to do something we never do...score 2 goals in the 1st 15 mins and just kill the game. I really can't explain why but very confident about tomorrow. 

Shrewsbury fans seem confident and I suppose they would be taking our form at face value. I think we're a lot better than our points tally suggests, even to go as far as saying one of the best in the division in the middle third. Once we've found a way to be ruthless and score goals, I'm sure we'll be fine....but it's all very well us playing well each week...we need to convert it into points.

Sent from my SM-A137F using onevalefan mobile app

Vale to win, it's all about being positive.

Shrewsbury are not a particularly good side this season and have the worst minus goal difference in this division. OK there away form is shocking and YES they have won five home league matches. But like Vale they struggle to score goals. Ten league goals in eighteen league matches and three of those were scored versus bottom club Reading in their last home game.

I recently went to watch Shrewsbury v Bolton Wanderers and sat with the away fans. Bolton were very poor that night but still got three points. As Shrewsbury keeper Marko Marosi spilt a shot and the ball spun backwards into his net. Five minutes later he went off injured and Bolton scored another goal in stoppage time to secure a flattering 2-0 victory. My point is MOM for Bolton was the centre back Ricardo Santos. So Vale null the Shrewsbury midfield threat and with a positive attitude from our midfield whoever that might be take the game to Shrewsbury.

I will go 2-1 Vale. Better had be a good Vale result alone we need to move up the league and as a grassroots REFEREE I am missing my usual Saturday afternoon abuse to watch UTV.

Archived