onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton A (H&A) FAC R1 match thread 4th & 14th Nov

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, WV said:

and only conceded

a last minute equaliser, real shame we couldn't hold on at Lincoln but was fully deserved for their second half effort. Definitely turned a corner of late, just hope it continues. Couple of big games next 

Ignoring the silly trophy, we're unbeaten in 4. 
Yep form is picking up. Nice break for the lads to have a rest after a busy few weeks. Also time to get the Yak and a few others hopefully viable for Shrewsbury.
Still a big, big game Shrewsbury, need to get some momentum in the league going for obvious reasons

3 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Can I get me Happy Clappers bob hat, rosette and rattle out again? Can I, can I? I lost them when the Grumpy Gits Club bullied us the other week when Vale lost and kept asking where we were......and I felt sad.

Great win Lads....hate just listening though. Onto the Shrews!

Goaarn Vale!

The Grumpy Gits can't bully us because we just smile in their face and remind them that the sun will come out tomorrow.  It drives them crackers of course, because they "see it like it is" and know how to smell coffee apparently, which I didn't realise is now a life skill.  Asking why we don't come on and be grumpy on here with them when we come second is like asking the rain not to fall, or gravity to stop working.  It isn't going to happen.  We are sensible, not prone to knee jerk tantrums and witch hunts, and can see which way the club is going.  So yes, Clinton, get your hat, rosette and rattle and get yourself down to Shrewsbury for another gripping instalment.  You know you want to...

17 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

The Grumpy Gits can't bully us because we just smile in their face and remind them that the sun will come out tomorrow.  It drives them crackers of course, because they "see it like it is" and know how to smell coffee apparently, which I didn't realise is now a life skill.  Asking why we don't come on and be grumpy on here with them when we come second is like asking the rain not to fall, or gravity to stop working.  It isn't going to happen.  We are sensible, not prone to knee jerk tantrums and witch hunts, and can see which way the club is going.  So yes, Clinton, get your hat, rosette and rattle and get yourself down to Shrewsbury for another gripping instalment.  You know you want to...

But, but, but they prophesied it would all happen.....no strikers, appointment of AC, letting players go, the coming of The Magi! 

You mean The Grumpy Gits are NOT always right???They really can't foretell the future??? Happy days....not only will I get out the  bob hat, rosette and rattle....I'm busy making myself a placard of the FA Cup covered in tin foil with the words "Up for the Cup" on.

P.S They're a bit quiet on here today aren't they? Can't wait for the next poor result or mistake to see their "grumpiness" froth and resurface on here.....much to my amusement!

Long way to Shrewsbury from France unfortunately although I may make Burton away in March. I shall be at "Gay Meadow" in spirit and on iFollow.

23 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Does anyone know what the contract situation is with Walters. Does he even have a professional contract or is he still on youth terms.

I don't believe he has a professional contract yet and other clubs could offer him one when he is 18 as I understand it.  He is 18 on Saturday.

"But, but, but they prophesied it would all happen.....no strikers, appointment of AC, letting players go, the coming of The Magi! 

You mean The Grumpy Gits are NOT always right???They really can't foretell the future??? Happy days....not only will I get out the  bob hat, rosette and rattle....I'm busy making myself a placard of the FA Cup covered in tin foil with the words "Up for the Cup" on.

P.S They're a bit quiet on here today aren't they? Can't wait for the next poor result or mistake to see their "grumpiness" froth and resurface on here.....much to my amusement!

Long way to Shrewsbury from France unfortunately although I may make Burton away in March. I shall be at "Gay Meadow" in spirit and on iFollow."

"New Meadow" or Croud Meadow these days I think - another re-named stadium.

I'll break it to you gently Clint, they lumpy grumps are not always right.  Take a while, breathe deeply, I know it's a lot to absorb the day after another cup win, but that's how it is.  Sometimes they use hindsight to state the blooming obvious, and see correlation as causation as well.  It's a dog eat dog world out there. 

Someone had to tell you.  Please don't let it undermine your faith and good sense.  You will be on the right side of history.  Good luck in moving forward with this huge burden off your shoulders fella..

25 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't believe he has a professional contract yet and other clubs could offer him one when he is 18 as I understand it.  He is 18 on Saturday.

Surely we've got a bumper concract lined up for him! Unreal the lad is for 17 years of age 

44 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

"But, but, but they prophesied it would all happen.....no strikers, appointment of AC, letting players go, the coming of The Magi! 

Long way to Shrewsbury from France unfortunately although I may make Burton away in March. I shall be at "Gay Meadow" in spirit and on iFollow."

"New Meadow" or Croud Meadow these days I think - another re-named stadium.

I'll break it to you gently Clint, they lumpy grumps are not always right.  Take a while, breathe deeply, I know it's a lot to absorb the day after another cup win, but that's how it is.  Sometimes they use hindsight to state the blooming obvious, and see correlation as causation as well.  It's a dog eat dog world out there. 

Someone had to tell you.  Please don't let it undermine your faith and good sense.  You will be on the right side of history.  Good luck in moving forward with this huge burden off your shoulders fella..

It's like the scales have fallen from my eyes.....Hallelujah and Praise Sweet Mary, Joseph and all the Holy Orphans.......would have been nicer to have sweetened it a bit Lornelounger but sometimes you need to be told these things outright.....you could have said "the cat's up on the roof" instead of he's dead! (For those of a certain age the next line of the joke is "How's Mum?"...."She's up on the roof" 😂

Gooooaaarrrn Vale!

Archived